77D - Radio Trans Flash as Master

Started Apr 22, 2017 | Questions
Steve_tEkGuY Contributing Member • Posts: 516
77D - Radio Trans Flash as Master

hi folks,

The 77D manual is a little confusing. I understand that the optical wireless flash will work fine when using my 430EXIII-RT but how about using Radio Transmission.

Can I fire off the remote flash using RT only on the 77D.

Thank you

Steve_tEkGuY's gear list:Steve_tEkGuY's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Sony a7 IV Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +5 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP Steve_tEkGuY Contributing Member • Posts: 516
Re: 77D - Radio Trans Flash as Master

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

hi folks,

The 77D manual is a little confusing. I understand that the optical wireless flash will work fine when using my 430EXIII-RT but how about using Radio Transmission.

Thank you

Looks like Optical only.

Canon EOS R6 Sony a7 IV Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +5 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,640

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

hi folks,

Thank you

Correct, optical only.  If you want to use radio triggering you need a radio-enabled master flash or radio trigger on the hotshoe.  I find Canon's radio-enabled system very expensive.  I've been using Yongnuo YN-622c-TX transmitter and the YN-622c transcievers on remote flashes, works great.

OP Steve_tEkGuY Contributing Member • Posts: 516

Mark B. wrote:

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

hi folks,

Thank you

Correct, optical only. If you want to use radio triggering you need a radio-enabled master flash or radio trigger on the hotshoe. I find Canon's radio-enabled system very expensive. I've been using Yongnuo YN-622c-TX transmitter and the YN-622c transcievers on remote flashes, works great.

Hi could i use a different RF trigger something I could use with the 77D and my 6D much like the ST-E3-RT. I have seen some threads where the IR focus light wasnt working on the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT with canon 80D.

I'm trying to avoid having separate TX and an RX gear since my Canon flash already has the RX built in.

Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,640

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

hi folks,

Thank you

Correct, optical only. If you want to use radio triggering you need a radio-enabled master flash or radio trigger on the hotshoe. I find Canon's radio-enabled system very expensive. I've been using Yongnuo YN-622c-TX transmitter and the YN-622c transcievers on remote flashes, works great.

Hi could i use a different RF trigger something I could use with the 77D and my 6D much like the ST-E3-RT. I have seen some threads where the IR focus light wasnt working on the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT with canon 80D.

I'm trying to avoid having separate TX and an RX gear since my Canon flash already has the RX built in.

Yongnuo makes a version of the ST-E3-RT.  It is cheaper than the Canon, I'm not sure how good it is.

Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 15,536

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Steve_tEkGuY wrote:

hi folks,

Thank you

The Canon ST-E3-RT doesn't even have an AF Assist Light. The Canon 600EX RT has the red AF Assist Light.

If you are going to use the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT with a Canon 600EX RT you should check to see if you can turn the AF Assist Light of the YN-E3-RT off.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads