b.still Leather Adjustable Camera Neck Shoulder Strap

Started Apr 12, 2017 | Discussions
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,360
b.still Leather Adjustable Camera Neck Shoulder Strap

I just bought this strap for my RXRII, which is on the way. As you can see, the way this strap is designed to attach is not looking like it can be a quick release. About 1/2 the time, I'll head out with just a wrist strap so I don't want to have to fiddle with this connector to get it on and off of the RX1RII. Does anyone have suggestions for marrying this neck strap with my camera in a way that is quicker to release (and still looks decent)?

Is this about my only quick release option? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010HA6A6/

TIA.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony a7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Rokinon 135mm F2.0 +4 more
Jakes Senior Member • Posts: 1,936
Re: b.still Leather Adjustable Camera Neck Shoulder Strap

sean lancaster wrote:

I just bought this strap for my RXRII, which is on the way. As you can see, the way this strap is designed to attach is not looking like it can be a quick release. About 1/2 the time, I'll head out with just a wrist strap so I don't want to have to fiddle with this connector to get it on and off of the RX1RII. Does anyone have suggestions for marrying this neck strap with my camera in a way that is quicker to release (and still looks decent)?

Is this about my only quick release option? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010HA6A6/

TIA.

OP/tec makes a much smaller quick release. I use it with my rx100 and my Nikon dslrs. The one you are showing will hold an elephant.  Well, maybe not an elephant but surely a small pony.

-- hide signature --

jakes
WSSA# 107

SoCalWill
SoCalWill Senior Member • Posts: 6,280

Remove split ring and leather fob from strap, loop-knot quick release to now empty strap loops.

-- hide signature --

Digital Camera and Adobe Photoshop user since 1999.
Adobe Lightroom is my adult coloring book.

SoCalWill's gear list:SoCalWill's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D810 Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Apple iPhone XS Max
sean lancaster
OP sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,360

SoCalWill wrote:

Remove split ring and leather fob from strap, loop-knot quick release to now empty strap loops.

thanks. And thanks jakes for noting I can go much smaller. 😀

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony a7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Rokinon 135mm F2.0 +4 more
Laminar
Laminar Forum Member • Posts: 73

I bought this strap also for my RXrII and love the fit and look of it.

Unfortunately I discovered the only flaw it has by accident.  The shoulder pad is VERY SLIPPERY on some types of clothing, primarily tech or synthetic.  After months use one day is suddenly slid right off my shoulder and hit the pavement.  A costly repair (new lens, UGH) was at the result.

Be careful, a great looking strap but looks can have a price if you're not careful.

Laminar's gear list:Laminar's gear list
Sony RX1R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads