History Brush in PS Elements

Started Jan 31, 2003 | Discussions
BrianG3 Regular Member • Posts: 242
History Brush in PS Elements

I have been reading many threads that discuss the use of the history brush in Photoshop. I can't seem to find it in Photoshop Elements. Does anyone know if Elements has a history brush feature or a similiar feature?

Phil Sexton Contributing Member • Posts: 543
It does not (nt)

BrianG3 wrote:

I have been reading many threads that discuss the use of the
history brush in Photoshop. I can't seem to find it in Photoshop
Elements. Does anyone know if Elements has a history brush feature
or a similiar feature?

OP BrianG3 Regular Member • Posts: 242
Re: It does not (nt)

Phil, thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping PS Elements would allow me to do all my image processing, however, I am quickly finding out that PS7 has a lot of useful features that I want. Too bad Adobe doesn't have some feature comparison chart between the different versions of Photoshop on their website. I may need to look into upgrading : (

Phil Sexton wrote:

BrianG3 wrote:

I have been reading many threads that discuss the use of the
history brush in Photoshop. I can't seem to find it in Photoshop
Elements. Does anyone know if Elements has a history brush feature
or a similiar feature?

Phil Sexton Contributing Member • Posts: 543
Re: It does not (nt)

You might be interested in this thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=4194350

I have the book, in which the author provides means of performing history brush using PSE. I haven't yet tried it.
He also provides a number of other features.

BrianG3 wrote:
Phil, thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping PS Elements would
allow me to do all my image processing, however, I am quickly
finding out that PS7 has a lot of useful features that I want. Too
bad Adobe doesn't have some feature comparison chart between the
different versions of Photoshop on their website. I may need to
look into upgrading : (

Phil Sexton wrote:

BrianG3 wrote:

I have been reading many threads that discuss the use of the
history brush in Photoshop. I can't seem to find it in Photoshop
Elements. Does anyone know if Elements has a history brush feature
or a similiar feature?

OP BrianG3 Regular Member • Posts: 242
Re: It does not (nt)

Thanks! I read the thread and will check out his website. Let me know your opinion of the book and CD?

Phil Sexton wrote:

You might be interested in this thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=4194350

I have the book, in which the author provides means of performing
history brush using PSE. I haven't yet tried it.
He also provides a number of other features.

nburton Regular Member • Posts: 266
...the book...

I have it, have installed the cd contents...and I can tell you curves works great...but that's as far as I have gotten.

nancyb

BrianG3 wrote:
Thanks! I read the thread and will check out his website. Let me
know your opinion of the book and CD?

Phil Sexton wrote:

You might be interested in this thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=4194350

I have the book, in which the author provides means of performing
history brush using PSE. I haven't yet tried it.
He also provides a number of other features.

Bill M Senior Member • Posts: 1,510
Re: History Brush in PS Elements

If PSE doen't have a history brush, you can always simulate one by using layers and the eraser. If you know what history you want to paint back to, simply put a copy of that image below your work and erase the top layers (one by one or merged) at those areas and that "history" will show through.

BrianG3 wrote:

I have been reading many threads that discuss the use of the
history brush in Photoshop. I can't seem to find it in Photoshop
Elements. Does anyone know if Elements has a history brush feature
or a similiar feature?

Bill M Senior Member • Posts: 1,510
...or you can use the clone tool...

...between layers to go back to previous states.

Bill M wrote:
If PSE doen't have a history brush, you can always simulate one by
using layers and the eraser. If you know what history you want to
paint back to, simply put a copy of that image below your work and
erase the top layers (one by one or merged) at those areas and that
"history" will show through.

BrianG3 wrote:

I have been reading many threads that discuss the use of the
history brush in Photoshop. I can't seem to find it in Photoshop
Elements. Does anyone know if Elements has a history brush feature
or a similiar feature?

-- hide signature --

Oly C-2100 UZ, C-210

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads