A6300 suddenly dead...won't charge or turn on.

Started Mar 31, 2017 | Discussions
Aleberro Junior Member • Posts: 28
Re: A6300 suddenly dead...won't charge or turn on.

Tried without lens also, still nothing. I put a new charged battery in and even when turned off the res light in the bottom kept flashing every 2 or 3 seconds and drained the battery through the night. I’m running out of ideas by now

Aleberro's gear list:Aleberro's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +2 more

The computer doesn’t even recognize the camera is connected. Can’t update it unless there is another way

Sony a6500 Sony a7 III Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +2 more
Stuart35mm New Member • Posts: 2

I too am currently undergoing this problem. Waiting for spare batteries to arrive, though I feel it may not work either. I've barely had mine for at least two days :/

SeanTXK Regular Member • Posts: 336

Stuart35mm wrote:

I too am currently undergoing this problem. Waiting for spare batteries to arrive, though I feel it may not work either. I've barely had mine for at least two days :/

If you’ve only had the camera two days, I wouldn’t wait on batteries, I’d return the camera ASAP!

No need to self-fix a new camera that is dead on arrival.

SeanTXK's gear list:SeanTXK's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS +2 more
Stuart35mm New Member • Posts: 2

Taken heed of your advice - getting a refund done today

SMILE N SAY CHEESE New Member • Posts: 1

Thank You! Thank You! THANK YOU!!! It worked!

taoroig New Member • Posts: 1

Hi, I have the same problem w my sony a6300. What happened to yours? How did you fix your problem?

Philip Shrewsbury New Member • Posts: 8

I would have to say that this a problem with the 6300, or it was with mine and I have now read this story too many times!? I have 5 batteries and when this problem happens I can swap them in and out, do resets, take lenses on and off etc and nothing happens. But then the camera will work again for no obvious reason, may be an hour later or the next day. Of course this is useless if you need the camera so I bought the 6500 and have a great back up camera. My 6300 was good for two years then this started.

Had to send it to Sony,

They fixed everything and shutter count went back to 0

skanter
skanter Forum Pro • Posts: 23,411

paul wassermann wrote:

In addition to getting a two unit desk charger, get another battery or two. If the problem you had noted had occurred with a Wasabi or other off brand battery, people would be complaining about the cheap battery failures. I have owned about a dozen off brand batteries and they all seemed to function as well, as long as the Sony's. You can get a two unit charger with a couple of batteries for $20 on Ebay (Search Sony Dual Charger Combo). I have used this unit for nearly three years without a single issue.

+1

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC
“I’m halfway between tightrope walker and pickpocket.” — HCB

Native New Yorker:
http://www.blurb.com/b/7943076
__
Street Gallery:
http://skanter.smugmug.com/NYC-Street-Photography
__
Recent Photos:
https://skanter.smugmug.com/Recent-Photos

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
lost alaskan
lost alaskan Senior Member • Posts: 1,400

Very coincidental.  My new/used A7iii just went dead last night while trying to photograph the moon and clouds.  None of three charged up batteries work.   I dropped it off at the local camera repair shop(very good outfit) and I'll get word next week sometime.  I tried a reset. I didn't know there was such a thing before today.

lost alaskan's gear list:lost alaskan's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads