EOS M firmware upgrade 'OK' button greyed out

Started Feb 7, 2017 | Questions
xectis
xectis Forum Member • Posts: 72
EOS M firmware upgrade 'OK' button greyed out

For some unknown reason the OK button is greyed out when trying to upgrade the firmware. Also, once am on those 2 menu pages (pics attached) the screen touch facility ceases to function though I can still navigate with the buttons. Very strange behaviour.

Help anyone?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Costas L Regular Member • Posts: 166
Re: EOS M firmware upgrade 'OK' button greyed out

Is the battery showing as fully charged? might be a problem detecting this if its not the canon one

xectis
OP xectis Forum Member • Posts: 72

Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to update with a third party battery so I'll try with the original battery.

xectis

Costas L wrote:

Is the battery showing as fully charged? might be a problem detecting this if its not the canon one

Nope, I tried it with a fully original recharged Canon battery but still the same problem. Have no clue what is wrong.

RogerJF
RogerJF Regular Member • Posts: 103

I suggest you reformat the card and reinstall the software on it and try again. Hope it works cheers.

RogerJF's gear list:RogerJF's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M5 +10 more
nnowak Veteran Member • Posts: 8,981

Are you in P, A, S, or M mode?  I am pretty sure you need to use one of those when updating firmware.

xectis

RogerJF wrote:

I suggest you reformat the card and reinstall the software on it and try again. Hope it works cheers.

I also tried that. Thanks anyway.

xectis

nnowak wrote:

Are you in P, A, S, or M mode? I am pretty sure you need to use one of those when updating firmware.

I tried it in manual and P mode. Will give it a few more goes with the A & S modes. Cheers

Bob 1
Bob 1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,892

I believe update 2.0.2 was the last update from Canon for the M.  If there's a later version, I was not aware of it.  HAGD, Bob

Bob 1's gear list:Bob 1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +9 more
Bob 1
Bob 1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,892

Bob 1 wrote:

I believe update 2.0.2 was the last update from Canon for the M. If there's a later version, I was not aware of it. HAGD, Bob

Sorry... I see on the Canon USA site that there is a ver. 2.0.3 available. Bob

Bob 1's gear list:Bob 1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +9 more
xectis

Bob 1 wrote:

Bob 1 wrote:

I believe update 2.0.2 was the last update from Canon for the M. If there's a later version, I was not aware of it. HAGD, Bob

Sorry... I see on the Canon USA site that there is a ver. 2.0.3 available. Bob

I tried all suggestions but still no luck, however I decided to install Magic Lantern and because it only works with firmware v2.0.2 I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks to all who replied.

JAIME ROMERO New Member • Posts: 1
Re: EOS M firmware upgrade 'OK' button greyed out - SOLVED

As counter intuitive it looks like, just move the joystick to the right on top of the greyed out box and it can not be selected.

Regards,

JR

SW Anderson Contributing Member • Posts: 530

JAIME ROMERO wrote:

As counter intuitive it looks like, just move the joystick to the right on top of the greyed out box and it can not be selected.

Regards,

JR

Just to be sure, do you mean it can be selected or cannot be selected by moving the joystick to the right?

SW Anderson's gear list:SW Anderson's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EOS M50 +3 more
JBL86 New Member • Posts: 1

To close this topic. It is to protect accidental 'OK' selection so the touch and wheel function are disabled. You must press the 'Right' direction (i.e. 3 o'clock on the wheel) and it will "light" up the OK

rmexpress22 Senior Member • Posts: 2,285

Ah, very interesting. Even though several of my last previous bodies have been touch screen, and all my current ones, I always use the physical controls for the menu anyway. I would have never known that touch doesn't work for firmware upgrades.

rmexpress22's gear list:rmexpress22's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Canon PowerShot G16 +20 more
SW Anderson Contributing Member • Posts: 530

Thanks for the clarification.

SW Anderson's gear list:SW Anderson's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EOS M50 +3 more
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 26,286

JBL86 wrote:

To close this topic. It is to protect accidental 'OK' selection so the touch and wheel function are disabled. You must press the 'Right' direction (i.e. 3 o'clock on the wheel) and it will "light" up the OK

+3 Thanks!  Didn’t know that.

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R6 Canon EOS R7 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads