Borders?

Started Feb 6, 2017 | Discussions
ubermensche New Member • Posts: 1
Borders?

I've noticed numerous challenges requiring a border for all entered images.  This seems a bit strange; along with some of the challenge subjects ... True Blue American Male, for one example?  Why is a border considered a useful requirement for entry?  One wonders.

CelticOdyssey
CelticOdyssey Senior Member • Posts: 2,021
Re: Borders?

ubermensche wrote:

I've noticed numerous challenges requiring a border for all entered images. This seems a bit strange; along with some of the challenge subjects ... True Blue American Male, for one example? Why is a border considered a useful requirement for entry? One wonders.

The 'border' requirement has kept me from entering a few challenges.

CelticOdyssey's gear list:CelticOdyssey's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro +7 more
PamlicoKid New Member • Posts: 8

Brace yourself.

Marabak Regular Member • Posts: 296

CelticOdyssey wrote:

ubermensche wrote:

I've noticed numerous challenges requiring a border for all entered images. This seems a bit strange; along with some of the challenge subjects ... True Blue American Male, for one example? Why is a border considered a useful requirement for entry? One wonders.

The 'border' requirement has kept me from entering a few challenges.

And the 1600pixels (although I understand the desire for that one).
Most of the time I am on DP is during my lunch break at work, so I used to enter challenges using images I had uploaded to Flickr without the ability to do any additional PP on them. Additionally, I use LR to process, and it is no trivial task to add a white border then, even if I was at home at the time.

But then again, I've only entered around 50 challenges and I stopped entering them a while ago (and removed my entries). So I guess the challenges aren't really aimed at me.

Marabak's gear list:Marabak's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G VR
Dutch Newchurch
Dutch Newchurch Senior Member • Posts: 5,022

Why not?

I learned a new skill as a result of entering.

-- hide signature --
LeeBic Regular Member • Posts: 130

There is one Host with a challenge each week that requires borders, and his themes are a bit unusual.

These challenges are for world wide participation and not every challenge is intended to appeal to every user on DPR.

With more then a dozen challenges a week you should be able to find one that meets your requirements, if not, one wonders.

Wildbegonia
Wildbegonia Contributing Member • Posts: 567

LeeBic wrote:

There is one Host with a challenge each week that requires borders, and his themes are a bit unusual.

Some members of DP have been around long enough to know how unusual the whole thing is, that includes the Host himself.

Wildbegonia's gear list:Wildbegonia's gear list
Pentax K200D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads