Open for business

Started Jan 17, 2017 | Discussions
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,585
Open for business

It's been a while since I posted anything so here you go.... Open for business...

Open for business.  Nikon D800E, Sigma 35 f1.4 ART.

My home office. Here's the color version...

Open for business - color

Peace:)

-- hide signature --

They just guaranteed the highway. They didn't guarantee the speed limit.

Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,732
Re: Open for business

ADMint wrote:

It's been a while since I posted anything so here you go.... Open for business...

Open for business. Nikon D800E, Sigma 35 f1.4 ART.

My home office. Here's the color version...

Open for business - color

Good choice - the color is okay, but something about the BW is more appealing. It's almost as if the decreased color contrast improves the balance of it.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
also el Regular Member • Posts: 431

caught my eye right away (the content more so than presentation).   just a minor distraction of glare on your monitor.    from reflection on art piece,  looks like light from window behind you.

like i said,  i like that you are sharing what makes up your work station.   it would be interesting to invite others to share their 'office' space.     keepsakes wouldn't last long on top of my speakers.   headphones are essential but tend to be problematic with a tapping on the shoulder and someone informing you that they had been talking to you for five minutes with no response.   everything within arms reach.... etc.   nice.

also el's gear list:also el's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-TS7 Olympus E-620 Canon EOS M Canon EOS M50
OP (unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,585

Thanks. And I take you don't like headphones

Oh, and I could have left the monitor blank, but then someone would have complained it was off

Anyway thanks the comments.

-- hide signature --

stevo23 wrote:

Good choice - the color is okay, but something about the BW is more appealing. It's almost as if the decreased color contrast improves the balance of it.

Thanks for the comments. And yeah, looking at it now, I can see where the color image seems unbalanced due to the B&W screen image. BTW that really is a B&W screen image.

That said, I do prefer the color image, but the B&W image is more balanced.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

ADMint wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Thanks for the comments. And yeah, looking at it now, I can see where the color image seems unbalanced due to the B&W screen image. BTW that really is a B&W screen image.

That said, I do prefer the color image, but the B&W image is more balanced.

For me, its the red that overwhelms. BTW - that Sigma is a great lens. Like it?

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more

stevo23 wrote:

For me, its the red that overwhelms.

If you're talking the red of the table, it's not that overwhelming on my calibrated monitor.  That said, given the 'grayness" of the surrounding areas, and the B&W image on the monitor, I can see it being a bit overwhelming. Still, I like it.

BTW - that Sigma is a great lens. Like it?

It's a good lens when I actually decide to use it. Problem is I don't use it a lot. Same with my Nikon AF-S 24 f.14 lens, great lens, but I don't use it a lot.

The problem stems from the fact that I'm still in love with my AF-S 17-35 f2.8. Yeah it's older, but it's still a darn good lens.

Anyway this year I decided to "force" myself into using both the 24 and 35 more a bit more, even at the expense of only carrying either the 35 or 24 during outings

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

ADMint wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

For me, its the red that overwhelms.

If you're talking the red of the table, it's not that overwhelming on my calibrated monitor. That said, given the 'grayness" of the surrounding areas, and the B&W image on the monitor, I can see it being a bit overwhelming. Still, I like it.

BTW - that Sigma is a great lens. Like it?

It's a good lens when I actually decide to use it. Problem is I don't use it a lot. Same with my Nikon AF-S 24 f.14 lens, great lens, but I don't use it a lot.

The problem stems from the fact that I'm still in love with my AF-S 17-35 f2.8. Yeah it's older, but it's still a darn good lens.

I had one back in the day along with an F5. It rarely came off the camera. I loved that lens.

Anyway this year I decided to "force" myself into using both the 24 and 35 more a bit more, even at the expense of only carrying either the 35 or 24 during outings

stevo23 wrote:

I had one back in the day along with an F5. It rarely came off the camera. I loved that lens.

Yeah, I still have both my F5 and F100 bodies and both my 17-35 and 28-70 were mainstays there.

Anyway thanks for the comments. BTW the framed image on the right is my Black Rose

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads