CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

Started Jan 25, 2003 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Jaime Regular Member • Posts: 301
CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150 posts on each thread...

Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Hotpixel remapping: My results

So, I just click remap and it will map my hotpixels?

Alex wrote:

No wonder then,

"Read" reads the pixels that have been mapped prevoiusly, it doesn't > search for new hot pixels. Since you don't have any hot pixels mapped > they all are visible on your shots. Only "Remap" will search for hotpixels > and include them into the map.

Alex

jaime wrote:
Just read, I didn't press remap because it didn't find any hotpixel

AlexMld wrote:

Did you press Remap?
Or just Read?

Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
link to the original thread
Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Hotpixel remapping: My results

Ok... I did the remapping thing... it worked, no hotpixels anymore!!!, but now, when I press the "read hot pixels" button it doesn't show any... probably a bug in the program?

jaime wrote:
So, I just click remap and it will map my hotpixels?

Alex wrote:

No wonder then,

"Read" reads the pixels that have been mapped prevoiusly, it doesn't > search for new hot pixels. Since you don't have any hot pixels mapped > they all are visible on your shots. Only "Remap" will search for hotpixels > and include them into the map.

Alex

jaime wrote:
Just read, I didn't press remap because it didn't find any hotpixel

AlexMld wrote:

Did you press Remap?
Or just Read?

stephen Forum Member • Posts: 87
Coolpix 995 RAW+REMAP mode! (Part II)

I have tried the remap (removed 225 hot pixels on a 5000 picture 995).
It works great!

RAW mode - If I convert to NEF, and bring into the Nikon software or Photoshop, will I be required to mannualy change the settings (WB/Contrast/etc) or is there a GOOD plugin that will get me 95% of the way there?

Thanks from the long time lurker...

Stephen

kitgard Senior Member • Posts: 1,067
Re: CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

jaime wrote:

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150
posts on each thread...

CCD defects reader:

IT WORKS GREAT ON MY 4500

it found 96 hotpixles and remaped

best regards
---
kitgard
cp4500, tc-e2, 2-> EN-EL1
http://www.pbase.com/kitgard

AlexY Forum Member • Posts: 98
Re: Hotpixel remapping: My results

Probably Read function doesn't work properly with cp4500. It has not found any mapped pixels on my cp4500. I haven't tried Remap with my camera as I only have few hotpixels on really long exposures when NR is off. But whether Read works or not does not effect Remap function as it is independent and it turns out it works with most of the coolpixes so far.

Alex

jaime wrote:
Ok... I did the remapping thing... it worked, no hotpixels
anymore!!!, but now, when I press the "read hot pixels" button it
doesn't show any... probably a bug in the program?

jaime wrote:
So, I just click remap and it will map my hotpixels?

Alex wrote:

No wonder then,

"Read" reads the pixels that have been mapped prevoiusly, it doesn't > search for new hot pixels. Since you don't have any hot pixels mapped > they all are visible on your shots. Only "Remap" will search for hotpixels > and include them into the map.

Alex

jaime wrote:
Just read, I didn't press remap because it didn't find any hotpixel

AlexMld wrote:

Did you press Remap?
Or just Read?

AlexY Forum Member • Posts: 98
raw2nef WB

The development of raw2nef converter is still in progress. At the moment the right WB is still one of the issues. So far I have to use Color balance in many cases and other tools to reach desired result. We have not enough information on .nef file structure. If anyone could point to a link to any .nef file from cp5000 this could help to improve the converter.

Alex

stephen wrote:

I have tried the remap (removed 225 hot pixels on a 5000 picture
995).
It works great!

RAW mode - If I convert to NEF, and bring into the Nikon software
or Photoshop, will I be required to mannualy change the settings
(WB/Contrast/etc) or is there a GOOD plugin that will get me 95% of
the way there?

Thanks from the long time lurker...

Stephen

Chris Sweet Contributing Member • Posts: 551
CP 995 / 1.7 - Hot Pixel Results

Well I decided to give it a try and everything worked fine. Hooked up the camera with the USB cable, unziped the program(v.4), hit remap and about 15 seconds later it was done. Turned the camera off then on again, ran the old hot pixel test program and the camera shows clean to 8 seconds. Thank you to everyone involved.

Chris Sweet
CP 995

jaime wrote:

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150
posts on each thread...

 Chris Sweet's gear list:Chris Sweet's gear list
Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM Art
AlexY Forum Member • Posts: 98
raw2nef v0.04

Update from Paul69:
http://www.e2500.narod.ru/raw2nef.htm

Now is capable of extracting the EXIF information from the second file (jpg accompaning the raw) and adding it to .nef file.

Alex

Jerry Allen Senior Member • Posts: 1,474
Re: CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

Remapped 237 bad pixels on my 30,000+ 995 v1.7.

I had 12 that showed even at 1/30th and 4 that showed at 1/125th. Now they are not evident. An 8 second black shot before and after shows a major difference. The hot pixels are still there if I jack the levels way up, All in all, Great Program!

Worked like a charm!

Jerry Allen Senior Member • Posts: 1,474
995 and read map function

I don't speak the software authors native language but if someone does...

The read map function does not seem to work. The read displays the same bad pixel data that it did before the remap. Not a big deal but it would be "nicer" to see what the camera did...

Jerry

Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Hotpixel remapping: My results

Yes, Alex, it worked with my 4500... but it would be nice too see another version of the remapper that could read the map in the 4500

AlexMld wrote:
Probably Read function doesn't work properly with cp4500. It has
not found any mapped pixels on my cp4500. I haven't tried Remap
with my camera as I only have few hotpixels on really long
exposures when NR is off. But whether Read works or not does not
effect Remap function as it is independent and it turns out it
works with most of the coolpixes so far.

Alex

jaime wrote:
Ok... I did the remapping thing... it worked, no hotpixels
anymore!!!, but now, when I press the "read hot pixels" button it
doesn't show any... probably a bug in the program?

jaime wrote:
So, I just click remap and it will map my hotpixels?

Alex wrote:

No wonder then,

"Read" reads the pixels that have been mapped prevoiusly, it doesn't > search for new hot pixels. Since you don't have any hot pixels mapped > they all are visible on your shots. Only "Remap" will search for hotpixels > and include them into the map.

Alex

jaime wrote:
Just read, I didn't press remap because it didn't find any hotpixel

AlexMld wrote:

Did you press Remap?
Or just Read?

Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

Kitgard, I also have a 4500, when I used the remap button it removed all my hotpixels, but it doesn't show me the table when I click the read button, when you click on the read button does it shows you the map of hotpixels?

kitgard wrote:

jaime wrote:

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150
posts on each thread...

CCD defects reader:

IT WORKS GREAT ON MY 4500

it found 96 hotpixles and remaped

best regards
---
kitgard
cp4500, tc-e2, 2-> EN-EL1
http://www.pbase.com/kitgard

kitgard Senior Member • Posts: 1,067
Re: CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

jaime wrote:
Kitgard, I also have a 4500, when I used the remap button it
removed all my hotpixels, but it doesn't show me the table when I
click the read button, when you click on the read button does it
shows you the map of hotpixels?

kitgard wrote:

jaime wrote:

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150
posts on each thread...

CCD defects reader:

IT WORKS GREAT ON MY 4500

it found 96 hotpixles and remaped

best regards
---
kitgard
cp4500, tc-e2, 2-> EN-EL1
http://www.pbase.com/kitgard

The read map function does not seem to work
so i don't used that fuction, only the remap pixels

Aristarco Junior Member • Posts: 36
RAW mode and underlying protocol (CP995)

Hi to all, I'm new to this forum.

I've been reading about CP995 protocol (mainly from Eugene Crosser, http://photopc.sourceforge.net/protocol.html ) and everybody says that it's not possible to use it with the CP995 through the USB interface (but works with the serial cable SC-EW3).

Nevertheless, this RAW enabler software (cpixraw) uses a command (sets a register value) that changes the camera ID using that protocol through USB, and some users told that works with their CP995. Then, what if any other command (borrowed from the serial protocol) is issued to the camera the same way cpixraw does, I mean through USB? Did somebody test it? In that case, will it accept MC-EU1 commands through USB also?

Thanks in advance.
Aristarco.

PS: sorry if this is an old topic, I couldn't find an answer to these subjects by searching the archives.
PS2: excuse me for my English, still learning.

Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

Ok... that's what I did with mine...

kitgard wrote:

jaime wrote:
Kitgard, I also have a 4500, when I used the remap button it
removed all my hotpixels, but it doesn't show me the table when I
click the read button, when you click on the read button does it
shows you the map of hotpixels?

kitgard wrote:

jaime wrote:

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150
posts on each thread...

CCD defects reader:

IT WORKS GREAT ON MY 4500

it found 96 hotpixles and remaped

best regards
---
kitgard
cp4500, tc-e2, 2-> EN-EL1
http://www.pbase.com/kitgard

The read map function does not seem to work
so i don't used that fuction, only the remap pixels

Austin_316 Senior Member • Posts: 1,932
Re: CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

jaime wrote:

I had to start part 2 of this thread because there's a limit of 150
posts on each thread...

-- hide signature --

Michael

dh3x Junior Member • Posts: 28
Re: raw2nef v0.04

Thanks for the update. This is a welcomed addition indeed!

AlexMld wrote:

Update from Paul69:
http://www.e2500.narod.ru/raw2nef.htm
Now is capable of extracting the EXIF information from the second
file (jpg accompaning the raw) and adding it to .nef file.

Alex

-- hide signature --

Nikon Coolpix 4500
Speed Light SB-22s

Jaime OP Regular Member • Posts: 301
New remapper version...

There's a new remapper version available at

http://e2500.narod.ru/ccd_defect.htm

It's supposed to support the 4500? english is not my native language so if anybody could explian it to me, I'd really appreciate it

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads