ZR5000 low light samples

Started Nov 25, 2016 | Discussions
telefunk
telefunk Senior Member • Posts: 2,210
ZR5000 low light samples

Here you go, all you 3,5 Casio pixel peepers in the world.

ZR5000 is a bigger sensor, less MP, faster lens.. maybe an older sensor... but much less noise:

All shots are SOOC jpegs. Amazingly all other forums are blissfully unaware of this camera. The Panasonic forum is crying out for a super wide-angle camera such as the non-existant Nikon DL 18-50. I think the ZR5000 definitely fills a hole in the market.

BS ZR zoom @ 200mm

ART I

telefunk's gear list:telefunk's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Casio EX-ZR5000 Fujifilm XF10 +5 more
Casio EX-ZR5000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
conwise Regular Member • Posts: 166
Re: ZR5000 low light samples

Nice selection of photos to show this cameras versatility. Really like number 4. Amazing that this camera gets no press.

Jim

conwise's gear list:conwise's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Casio Exilim EX-ZR700 +1 more
j444 New Member • Posts: 10

Thanks for your sample pictures! I'm not a pixel peeper and that's probably why I love the HDR (not the HDR ART) mode on my Casio ZR2000. It may not produce the sharpest results when viewed at 100%, but gives me wonderfully atmospheric pictures with natural looking dynamic range.

The following examples are all SOOC jpegs, shot with my ZR2000 set to HDR Level 1 and -0.33EV. I really wonder if results would look similar on the ZR5000, so I'd highly appreciate if you could post a test shot or two with these settings. Thanks in advance!

telefunk
OP telefunk Senior Member • Posts: 2,210

Boy do I love the sea! Is that your place?

I threw the HDR images away caus they weren't good enough for gallery quality. But I can make some new ones. As you can see from my other comparisons with ZR850 or LX5, the ZR5000 is more than a match.

telefunk wrote:

Boy do I love the sea! Is that your place?

I wished! Sadly it's just a vacation home, albeit a gorgeous one.

If it's not too much hassle, I'd appreciate a 19mm HDR or two. I'm so very satisfied with Lv 1 HDR on my ZR2000, that it's become my default shooting mode for non-moving subjects. But I've read somewhere that HDR seems to produce different results on different Casio models, that's why I'm curious about it on the ZR5000.

Cyril Catt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,825

j444 wrote:

telefunk wrote: Boy do I love the sea! Is that your place?

I wished! Sadly it's just a vacation home, albeit a gorgeous one.

If it's not too much hassle, I'd appreciate a 19mm HDR or two. I'm so very satisfied with Lv 1 HDR on my ZR2000, that it's become my default shooting mode for non-moving subjects. But I've read somewhere that HDR seems to produce different results on different Casio models, that's why I'm curious about it on the ZR5000.

I also use Lv 1 HDR as the default on my ZR800 for still subjects - except distant ones.

-- hide signature --

Cyril

telefunk

OK, I'll do some HDR I shots.

I abandoned that setting when I noticed it was often blurred. Luckily the ZR5000 has better DR than the ZR850. On the ZR850 the HDR looked good but on closer inspection not good enough. Too bad because the Casio HDR implementation is the best I've seen yet vs Sony or Pany.

Cyril Catt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,825

Perhaps it's because I only view my shots on screens, that I find my ZR800 HDR pics acceptable.  One thing that I still think is remarkable is the ability to freeze flower petals in blustery situations.

-- hide signature --

Cyril

telefunk
ZR5000 HDR examples

If it's not too much hassle, I'd appreciate a 19mm HDR or two.

Here are two very low key HDRs at 19mm

ZR5000 HDR

ZR5000 HDR

Re: ZR5000 HDR examples

telefunk wrote:

Here are two very low key HDRs at 19mm

Thanks a lot!

I can see why you said that HDR was often often blurred. Subjectively, I seem to get a little less blur with HDR on my ZR2000, but it's hard to tell if you can't compare shots of the same scene from both cameras.

harry Veteran Member • Posts: 3,325

I used Casio's HDR function selectively, and mainly for capturing people with a backlight condition.  It's mainly for casual vacation or group occasions, rather than landscape or high quality images.  Casio's HDR, if done right, is the best and easiest to preserve precious moments with difficult lighting situations.

-- hide signature --

HLL7575

harry's gear list:harry's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Casio Exilim EX-ZR800 Nikon D50 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 +9 more
rube39 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,271

I am getting more and more interested in this camera. . .19mme in small package. Of course it is marketed in the home island as a world class selfie machine. . .

-- hide signature --

Rube

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads