FUJI BLOWS AWAY NIKON IN COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE TESTS!

Started Nov 23, 2016 | Discussions
PeterFXCassidy Contributing Member • Posts: 754
FUJI BLOWS AWAY NIKON IN COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE TESTS!
 PeterFXCassidy's gear list:PeterFXCassidy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Olympus TG-810 Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1 +10 more
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 6,562
Re: FUJI BLOWS AWAY NIKON IN COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE TESTS!

PeterFXCassidy wrote:

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-vs-nikon-d500-epic-shootout-fujifilm-x-t2-wins-overall-fuji-colors-rock-least/

Why do you feel the need to shout like that (caps)?

I think, this has been posted before;

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58692447

Completely objective? Why do you think so?

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +7 more
deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 10,396
Don't like your capitalisation & language!

PeterFXCassidy wrote:

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-vs-nikon-d500-epic-shootout-fujifilm-x-t2-wins-overall-fuji-colors-rock-least/

I did the test and found that apart from one shot I picked ALL other images taken with the X-T2.

However: your language really sound a bit immature and in bold??

Don't like it!

I am confident to say that if I shot both cameras you would really have a hard time telling them apart.

Just my 2cts.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +7 more
notorioushsg Regular Member • Posts: 103

Yeh... I did the test and only missed two. Seems I really like fuji files... think someone might be getting a x100F

OP.. it's objective..meaning there is no winner. Unless of course you like the Fuji and get most of them right... or you like Nikon and pick all the Nikon files. But you knew that right??

notorioushsg's gear list:notorioushsg's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +1 more
ttran88
ttran88 Senior Member • Posts: 2,843
FUJI BLOWS!!!

Haha sorry that's all I read up too.

Get ready for the influx of D500 and 7DM2 users migrating to XF mount. Cause FUJI BLOWS!!

-- hide signature --

Too legit to quit.

ttran88's gear list:ttran88's gear list
Sony a7 Nikon Df Sony a6300 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +11 more
Christof21 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,408

PeterFXCassidy wrote:

If anyone had still a single doubt that there were plenty of fuji fanboys in this forum.. Every of them  being as objective as you are... The last doubts have disappeared I guess !

Crashton
Crashton Senior Member • Posts: 1,901

I would hardly call it a blow away, they seem pretty equal to me. If Fuji could equal the focus of the D500 I'd say yes it blows the D500 away. Both great cameras in my mind you won't go wrong with either. That being said I'll never go back to a big & heavy DSLR.

Crashton's gear list:Crashton's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
chile7236 Contributing Member • Posts: 753

yeah, slow jogger?  no.  still love my X-T1...not sold on the X-T2 improvements to jump on one yet...down the road?  yeah...now?  not so much.

chile7236's gear list:chile7236's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony a6400 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +8 more
Rolf_52 Contributing Member • Posts: 661
I have both - and both are great cameras

I am a scientist and what I've learned is that virtually nothing is truly objective even in science...but yes that was a good review.

ISO test was not fair given Fuji ISO is different from other manufacturers.

Half of the images I picked were X-T2 so an even contest there.

Overall if I had to pick only one camera of these two and not have access to my full frame Nikon it would be the X-T2.

For action especially in low light and with long lenses though D500 would be my choice...and this is the reason I bought one despite X-T2 and a full frame Nikon.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf_52's gear list:Rolf_52's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Z6
Re: I have both - and both are great cameras

Rolf_52 wrote:

I am a scientist and what I've learned is that virtually nothing is truly objective even in science...but yes that was a good review.

ISO test was not fair given Fuji ISO is different from other manufacturers.

I've read more about this. Some even say Fuji is cheating. Can you explain simple and short how different Fuji ISO is? I also read things like iso6400 on Fuji is the "same" as iso 3200 on other cameras. Ofcourse it wouldn't matter, if Fuji was the only camera producer, but I guess it's a bit different if Fuji is compared to other camerabrands (?).

Half of the images I picked were X-T2 so an even contest there.

Overall if I had to pick only one camera of these two and not have access to my full frame Nikon it would be the X-T2.

For action especially in low light and with long lenses though D500 would be my choice...and this is the reason I bought one despite X-T2 and a full frame Nikon.

Regards,

Rolf

Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +7 more
twamers Senior Member • Posts: 1,499

Yawn......

Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 10,296

mujana wrote:

PeterFXCassidy wrote:

Why do you feel the need to shout like that (caps)?

I think, this has been posted before;

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58692447

Completely objective? Why do you think so?

It was reported on Fuji web site! Unbiased -I don't think so.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
DanielBme
DanielBme Contributing Member • Posts: 831

Yikes!  I picked 8 Nikons and 5 Fujis lol

One thing I didn't like about the test is he didn't indicate what tracking method he used for the Nikon, unless I missed that.  The 3D tracking of the Nikon from what I've seen from other tests blows away just about every other camera.  Just as with the Fuji there are various configs for tracking with the Nikon.

I think the better test would be to get one expert on the Fuji and one with the Nikon and let them see how many shots they get in focus rather than someone who may not be a master of either....

I certainly didn't see anything with the Fuji blowing the Nikon away and to be honest if I were a sports person or wildlife, I'd go with the Nikon having used both the Nikon D7100 and Fuji XT1 on safari.

-- hide signature --

Any man's death (and animal's) diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind
- John Donne

michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 13,840

PeterFXCassidy wrote:

Whatever.  I see that the URL includes the phrase "fuji colors rock least".

FWIW, I took the portrait comparison test.  My own subjective results?

I liked Nikon better in 7, Fuji better in 2, and rated 4 to be neither (in other words, both were too extreme and a middle ground would have been best).

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +30 more
xeriwthe Regular Member • Posts: 492

hmm i am a little surprised,  i thought nikon would end up 'winning' for me since a lot of the preferred images I chose were warmer in color (and fuji has a tendency to go cooler WB wise) but i chose 10/13 fuji

sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 16,182

Wow, a Fuji beat another brand of camera on a Fuji rumor site?

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon 70-200 F2.8L III Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 13,840

xeriwthe wrote:

hmm i am a little surprised, i thought nikon would end up 'winning' for me since a lot of the preferred images I chose were warmer in color (and fuji has a tendency to go cooler WB wise) but i chose 10/13 fuji

But see?  That speaks to how a blind test isn't really blind.  You went into the test with a preconceived opinion of how Nikon colors compare to Fuji.  Then you tried to take the test and I'm sure you did your best to be impartial.  But in the end you really don't know if you chose A or B (subconsciously) impartially or not.

BTW, I'm surprised that you chose Fuji in 10/13 if you chose the warmer images.  In my recollection of the comparison, Nikon photos WERE the warmer images.  In general more yellow.  Maybe I remember wrong.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +30 more
TN Args
TN Args Veteran Member • Posts: 8,988

Truman Prevatt wrote:

It was reported on Fuji web site! Unbiased -I don't think so.

I don't get your point. If a Trump-friendly newspaper reported that he won the election, would you not believe them?

Or are you saying it was conducted on a Fuji website? Because the fellow conducting it appears to be a freelance Canon instructor. Publishing on his own site.

Nope -- you totally confuse me.

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +7 more
celestialemissary
celestialemissary Contributing Member • Posts: 710

Yeah he does not have anything to do with fuji or fujirumors.

celestialemissary wrote:

Yeah he does not have anything to do with fuji or fujirumors.

I'm not saying it isn't objective, but this certainly doesn't guarantee objectivity.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads