X-T10 or Panasonic GX80?

Started Sep 12, 2016 | Questions
Hr21 Forum Member • Posts: 64
X-T10 or Panasonic GX80?

Hi all,

I know this is the Fuji forum so may be somewhat biassed, but I'm asking here as I know some of you will have a good opinion based on my criteria.

Basically I had a Panasonic G7 but got fed up with the tilt screen as I often compose with the screen but having to flip it out every time was annoying for photography and I wanted something slightly smaller to use overall.

So basically I have bought an X-T10 with 18-55 (after much research, this seemed like the better choice over 16-50?) but not yet used it.

I'm wondering if I made the right choice over the Panasonic GX80.

My main uses are landscape / pics of my children / days out / possibly some bird shots with a telephoto lens too.

I am JPEG only and won't really change to RAW.

I really like monochrome output too.

Not fussed over video, find it far too time consuming to edit etc.

Also I won't really change from the kit lens of either (18-55 or 12-32) for some time.

So with this in mind what would you guys do?

Thanks

Harrison

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T10 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Wellington100 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,103
Re: X-T10 or Panasonic GX80?

Hr21 wrote:

Hi all,

I know this is the Fuji forum so may be somewhat biassed, but I'm asking here as I know some of you will have a good opinion based on my criteria.

Basically I had a Panasonic G7 but got fed up with the tilt screen as I often compose with the screen but having to flip it out every time was annoying for photography and I wanted something slightly smaller to use overall.

So basically I have bought an X-T10 with 18-55 (after much research, this seemed like the better choice over 16-50?) but not yet used it.

I'm wondering if I made the right choice over the Panasonic GX80.

My main uses are landscape / pics of my children / days out / possibly some bird shots with a telephoto lens too.

I am JPEG only and won't really change to RAW.

I really like monochrome output too.

Not fussed over video, find it far too time consuming to edit etc.

Also I won't really change from the kit lens of either (18-55 or 12-32) for some time.

So with this in mind what would you guys do?

Thanks

Harrison

You have to stay with the Fuji, it has the best JPEGs in the industry and Panny some of the worst.

The Fuji 18-55 is the best kit lens in the industry as well.

IQ wise the Fuji trumps the Panny, the Pannys big advantage is video which is not an issue for you

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle!

Wellington100's gear list:Wellington100's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +15 more
Lettermanian
Lettermanian Contributing Member • Posts: 727
^^ see above post

I agree. I went through three Panasonic m43 cameras and two Oly cameras, and I can wholeheartedly say that in my (subjective) opinion, I find the jpeg quality and iq (with the X-T10 + 18-55) significantly more pleasing than the jpeg performance of the m43 cameras. There is the caveat that I did not have any m43 "pro" level lenses, but for the affordable price of the X-T10 + 18-55mm, I don't know if anything in m43 can beat it. I had the Panny G1, G2, and GX7, and the Oly E-M1 and E-M10ii. The E-M1 jpegs were very nice, but the lens I had did not match the iq of the Fuji zoom.

-- hide signature --

"Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways." - Psalm 119:37

Lettermanian's gear list:Lettermanian's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II +2 more
OP Hr21 Forum Member • Posts: 64
Re: ^^ see above post

Thanks both, helpful posts.

It's good to know someone who had m43 then turned to Fuji - I will therefore stick with the Fuji now and know the JPEGs are great!

Thanks

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads