Has anyone had vertical brightness lines appear in X100T EVF?

Started Jun 19, 2016 | Questions
OrdinarilyInordinate
OrdinarilyInordinate Veteran Member • Posts: 3,739
Has anyone had vertical brightness lines appear in X100T EVF?

And by that I mean something like artefacts, like a bad connection, but not like what a display would look like with a video card going bad. Everything operates normally, just the lines are there which can be seen on light colored plain areas of an image in the EVF. They are not too prominent, but prominent enough to see easily on daytime outdoor scenes with some chunks of the sky at the top of the FoV. They look like varying brightness of the underlying image, not different colors or lines of turned off pixels. Also the pattern is static.

If it's an EVF or connection deterioration issue, I wonder how much that would cost to fix out of warranty. Though if it doesn't get worse, I can live with the lines, since they have no bearing on the final image.

OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list:OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100T
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
sebiruns
sebiruns Contributing Member • Posts: 849
Re: Has anyone had vertical brightness lines appear in X100T EVF?

I haven't had this problem, but I once had the problem that the curtain that blocks the light when the evf is engaged did not move up. Because of that I had double pictures. Maybe it was only a little humidity in the camera, because after a couple of days it worked again as expected. That was 8 weeks ago and I did not have the problem since. Did you check weather your black curtain is 100% up? Maybe you are seeing light leaks.

sebiruns's gear list:sebiruns's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 Apple iPhone X
OrdinarilyInordinate
OP OrdinarilyInordinate Veteran Member • Posts: 3,739
Re: Has anyone had vertical brightness lines appear in X100T EVF?

Thanks for replying! I've just checked my EVF window and shifted between EVF and OVF a few times. That hasn't changed anything. Nothing is stuck, and everything seems to be operating correctly. Just when I look at the EVF screen, it looks like some pixels are darker than others, and that happens in regular vertical lines across the EVF. Almost like a somewhat irregular fence. It's not very visible on dark backgrounds, but pointing up at my white ceiling, it's quite apparent.

OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list:OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads