Canon Pro 1000 Pizza Wheels

Started Jun 14, 2016 | Discussions
cloneimaging Regular Member • Posts: 109
Canon Pro 1000 Pizza Wheels

is there any printer that can handle thicker fine art photographic paper without leaving pizza wheel marks? The head of print at Red River said the Canon Pro 1000 had the exact same system in place yet I haven't read of a single complaint regarding track marks and this printer.

As far as I've read the Pro 1000 uses a vacuum system to hold down the paper.

I find it hard to believe that companies like Canson and even Espon can't even print on their own printers without leaving these marks ( exhibition fiber )

In the end I just want to know of any printer that can produce equivalent quality to the P800 that uses a different system as the print exits the printer and that does not leave marks. is that too much to ask?

ptalwar New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Canon Pro 1000 Pizza Wheels

I'm having the exact same problem. I went through 2 P800s and gave up. I bought the Canon Pro 1000 under the impression that it used a vacuum IN PLACE of the pizza wheels, but apparently it's in addition to. Just like my first P800, it started showing up after a couple of months of use. They've sent me a new one, and just like what happened with Epson, the refurbished one does it right off the bat. I am astonished that neither of these companies can make a printer that makes an acceptable print on glossy. I either need to return or find a way to manually remove them from the printer. Did you ever have any luck solving this problem or find a printer that's similar but doesn't have these wheels?

john_ts Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Canon Pro 1000 Pizza Wheels

ptalwar wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I went through 2 P800s and gave up. I bought the Canon Pro 1000 under the impression that it used a vacuum IN PLACE of the pizza wheels, but apparently it's in addition to. Just like my first P800, it started showing up after a couple of months of use. They've sent me a new one, and just like what happened with Epson, the refurbished one does it right off the bat. I am astonished that neither of these companies can make a printer that makes an acceptable print on glossy. I either need to return or find a way to manually remove them from the printer. Did you ever have any luck solving this problem or find a printer that's similar but doesn't have these wheels?

Hello,

on other threads i was explaining that after two Epsons P800 with pizza wheel marks i am now checking on the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000. As i can live without the P800 roll for panoramas but i don't tolerate these terrible marks on my prints, i was hoping  Canon pro model would have solved this terrible defect.

it is really disappointing and the fact that you started getting these after a few months rules out the test print option. No point getting perfect results only to start getting these marks after usage of about a few months.

I need to say here that references to Epson P800 marks are more often found than for Canon PRO1000, i dont know if this is reassuring, still thinking about it myself

I will continue searching about pizza wheel marks on the Canon pro model and if this is close to Epson findings then it will be a terrible end to my desire to print inhouse perfect quality fine art prints.

best

John

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads