Take a look at this ugly Sugru grip I made for my GM5

Started Jun 1, 2016 | Discussions
Jason Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Take a look at this ugly Sugru grip I made for my GM5

I made this grip with one packet of black Sugru. I rolled it into a cylinder and positioned it on the camera. Then, I used a straight edge to squish and smooth it to have a very precise* triangular cross-section. Then I gripped the camera and squashed the grip to fit my hand in the preferred position. I carefully peeled it off the body, trying to preserve the shape as much as possible, and mounted it on a piece of 3M double-sided removable tape. I know Sugru is supposed to be removable, but this was my first time using it. I didn't want to chance it messing up the finish of the GM5 if I decide I hate the grip down the road.

This morning, it was dry and ready to mount. It's not much to look at, but it fits my hand perfectly. Since it resembles a hunk of chewed black licorice, I believe it will also act as a theft deterrent.

Jason's gear list:Jason's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 27,190
Re: Take a look at this ugly Sugru grip I made for my GM5

i have a grip made out of blue on one of my own cameras...looks so bad it is a theft deterrent...works great though

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Owen
Owen Senior Member • Posts: 2,838

Make one out of brown, you 're guaranteed it won't be stolen.

Owen

amipal
amipal Senior Member • Posts: 1,238

Great idea, and if it works, it works!

Cheers,
Paul

amipal's gear list:amipal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads