D500 Problem Lexar 128 GB 1000x

Started Apr 24, 2016 | Discussions
Micma
Micma Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: Did you try the above fix?

Micma wrote:

Got the 1000x 128GB flavor of the Lexar SDXC and getting the error also. Will be testing more. I was using Lexar XQD 128GB 2933x as primary Raw 14bit lossless and SDXC as jpeg, image review off and got the error while reviewing about a dozen pictures sometimes 2nd or third picture down. XQD alone seems fine.

sandy b wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57691082

Interesting to see if it works

Tried the sd formatter yesterday on overwrite mode, set it in the camera and format and set in backup mode. Got one error soon after in playback while IR was off.

Reformatted in-camera both cards and today, after a few hundred shots of anything and everything, I cannot recreate the error! Tried raw backup mode with IR on and off and playback mode holding the selector for fast image switching. Tried same thing while raw+jpeg mode and no error with IR on and off or playback of images.

Holding the selector down in playback makes the images switch at high speed while the green access light flashes like crazy.

Here's me crossing my fingers.

-- hide signature --

From D70s to D500

Micma's gear list:Micma's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +1 more
Richard B99 Senior Member • Posts: 2,208
Re: Now issue with XQD 64Gb 2933

Bill Dewey wrote:

Richard B99 wrote:

I can confirm that I'm having an issue with the XQD card. Lexar 64Gb 2933 / 440mb/s. Latest and best.

Exactly the same issue as being reported for the SD cards. No issue with write, no corrupted data but problems reading from time to time. It's happened on reviewing images three times in the past two days especially when flicking through images quickly. I don't have image review on as standard, only when I choose to playback. It is definitely the XQD card as that's reported on the error message on the rear LCD.

I also get it when importing to Lightroom using USB 3.0 cable connection with camera (here it comes up with Card Err on top panel rather than the error msg on the back LCD). (I've no XQD card reader as they are a bit hard to get hold of and I was holding out until Sony's XQD +SD reader is available. So I can't test if an alternative reader works.) So far switching off and on fixes it and I carry on.

I'm strongly suspecting its Nikon Firmware rather than the cards though because it's on two card types and, slightly less telling, on two different read operations at volume.

Thanks, I am going to pass this along. I sent my report just a while ago, I will add this, the first time we have heard about tethering.

Thanks.  I'll keep on monitoring it.  I also have the 64Gb 1000x SD card (2 off).  I'll give it a further go with these alone.  I tried a few days ago reviewing after running off some bursts but didn't see any thing from an initial test.  Having has it with XQD I know the symptoms.

jhde Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Thom Hogan on Lexar & D500 issues

My Lexar SDXC 2000x 64GB UHS-II card produces the same errors on image review in the D500 that others are reporting. Lexar XQD 64GB 2933x cards perform flawlessly.

In case it is a SD production lot issue, this is the information on the back of my one 2000x SD card:

P38C2900E03
31623-C10-64GBM A
4315B
Made in Korea

jhde's gear list:jhde's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +11 more
NikonTonyCR New Member • Posts: 1
Re: A REALLY large favor requiring a bit of trust ....

Bill Dewey wrote:

One thing we have not been able to test yet is if one of these "problem" cards has the same problem in multiple D500 cameras. I am guessing that no one with a "problem" card has 2 D500s at this time, I am wondering, and here is where the "trust" comes into play, would be willing to send me a problem card to test in my D500? Or if you have a friend nearby who also has a D500 that you could test with?

This might give us another clue as to Nikon, Lexar or both having issues.

I know you folks don't know me from Adam, but I am an Eagle Boy Scout, that ought to count for something, right?

If you can test on a second D500, let me know as well, that is more info I'd like to pass along.

Thanks,

Hi Bill, I have actually tried an additional D500 when my personal D500 was almost headed back to Nikon.  I went to the store because they were going to exchange the camera out.  I brought the Lexar SD 64 GB with me and tried it on the new camera, right there in the store.  Exact same issue, errors when previewing.

I can also verify the Sans Disk do not have this problem and work fine.

-tony

NikonTonyCR's gear list:NikonTonyCR's gear list
Leica Q Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D500
Bill Dewey Veteran Member • Posts: 7,911
Good info on compatability with the Fuji

jpltjak wrote:

I can report that I am experiencing the same problem with both the Lexar SDXC II 64 GB and Lexar SDHC II 32GB with my D500. The problem appears only when reviewing the images at the back of the camera. I didn't have any problem with my Lexar XQD 64 GB 440 Mb when its the only card installed in the camera. Works fine also when used with regular Sandisk SDXC 64GB in the secondary slot.

I did used both Lexar SDXC II 64 GB and Lexar SDHC II 32GB in my Fuji X-T1 with no problem (which is fully compatible with UHS-II). I experiencing the problem with the Lexar card being used as the primary or the secondary selection. The problem also appears also when the Lexar is used as secondary selection for overflow or for backup.I suspect the problem being with the D500 compatibility with UHS-II.

I will pass that along, thanks.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

rumple
rumple Senior Member • Posts: 1,164
Re: My recommendation whereever I see issues like this ....

rumple wrote:

I have a lexar 1000x 128gb SDXC II - so far ( a few dozen shots ) it's working fine.

And now it isn't, spoke too soon.  Did an event on the weekend, saw the "Card Err" regularly while reviewing on the back.  The card had previously been formatted in-camera multiple times.

So I took the card out and relied on the XQD, which worked perfectly, although I felt naked with only one card in the system.  Went back to the media station more often than normal to download to my laptop!

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, and Thom's blog, until there is some resolution.  No point in paying shipping to Lexar if the replacement card is no different.

-- hide signature --

"THINK" - Watson

Keeping an eye on Thom's blog is, I think, the right thing to do

rumple wrote:

rumple wrote:

I have a lexar 1000x 128gb SDXC II - so far ( a few dozen shots ) it's working fine.

And now it isn't, spoke too soon. Did an event on the weekend, saw the "Card Err" regularly while reviewing on the back. The card had previously been formatted in-camera multiple times.

So I took the card out and relied on the XQD, which worked perfectly, although I felt naked with only one card in the system. Went back to the media station more often than normal to download to my laptop!

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, and Thom's blog, until there is some resolution. No point in paying shipping to Lexar if the replacement card is no different.

Thom is not only tracking this more globally, but he understands what might be underlying issues better than I do.  I hope to have a "misbehaving" card in my hands in a couple of days so I can test in my D500 to see if the problem follows the card, I hope it does.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

xmh New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Encountered same error with Sandisk card

Hi,

I have encountered this error with a Sandisk 64GB UHS-II SDXC 280 MB/s card. Only when reviewing files after a burst, possible that the camera was still writing to the card.

Not had any issues with UHS-I cards.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

xmh's gear list:xmh's gear list
Nikon D500
JimPearce
JimPearce Veteran Member • Posts: 9,201
Ha!

Possibly some "arbitration" necessary with the UHS-II standard?

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimPearce's gear list:JimPearce's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D500
Keep watching Thom Hogans blog

JimPearce wrote:

Possibly some "arbitration" necessary with the UHS-II standard?

More info is popping up,  I am sure that when Thom has come to something closer to conclusions it will be posted there.

Jim, question on arbitration, which side?  Nikon or Lexar?  Or something more fundamental now that we see a Sandisk issue.

As I say, Thom is compiling all of this on the D5/D500 Blog, this is the LINK to the card issue specifically.

Much more complete and concise than we can be in this thread.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads