Amazon shipping D500 preorders on the 21st!

Started Apr 21, 2016 | Discussions
Photos Of Our Planet Regular Member • Posts: 183
Amazon shipping D500 preorders on the 21st!

I just called and spoke with a rep. After some run-around with the generic answers, I was put on hold, and...

The rep came back to verify they had them at the fulfillment centers, and that mine would be shipped out on the 21st. With some luck, I should be playing with a pair of D500's on Saturday.

My original order was placed January 10th.

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
iwannabesedated Senior Member • Posts: 1,596
Re: Amazon shipping D500 preorders on the 21st!

Photos Of Our Planet wrote:

The rep came back to verify they had them at the fulfillment centers, and that mine would be shipped out on the 21st. With some luck, I should be playing with a pair of D500's on Saturday.

Wow, that's 5 days after the announcement. If yours is indeed shipping on the 21st, that's promising news for lots of buyers who pre-ordered even earlier.

I pre-ordereed on the 5th from B&H within a few hours of the announcement. I'm hoping they ship mine prior to closing up shop at 7:00pm for Passover. -iwbs

iwannabesedated's gear list:iwannabesedated's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
wildlifr
wildlifr Senior Member • Posts: 1,656

I just called and spoke with a rep. After some run-around with the generic answers, I was put on hold, and...

Good news. Thanks for doing the dirty work. I'd been checking my order status often hoping to see that it shipped. I ordered with 1 day shipping, so I'm hopeful that I'll have it by Friday. We'll see.

-- hide signature --

Avid documentarian of evolution.

wildlifr's gear list:wildlifr's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +11 more
DirtTrackin52 Regular Member • Posts: 114

Congrats! Lesson learned. Us B&H'ers won't get our cameras shipped until the end of the week...oops I meant the end of next week...oh nevermind, how about 12 days later.

Despotes Forum Member • Posts: 93

They're finally out of stock.

Despotes's gear list:Despotes's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
billslatteryjr Contributing Member • Posts: 881

Never mind.

billslatteryjr's gear list:billslatteryjr's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Nikon D500 Sony a9 Nikon D850 Nikon D3500 +10 more
dregon1 New Member • Posts: 9

That's great news for you, but I ordered on the first day and I was just notified that it won't be arriving until Monday with one day shipping.

JWible New Member • Posts: 4

I ordered yesterday.  Place your bets on when it ships.  No notification yet.

wildlifr
wildlifr Senior Member • Posts: 1,656

dregon1 wrote:

That's great news for you, but I ordered on the first day and I was just notified that it won't be arriving until Monday with one day shipping.

I just got the same notification. So it looks like it won't ship until tomorrow.

-- hide signature --

Avid documentarian of evolution.

wildlifr's gear list:wildlifr's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +11 more
shooter45 Regular Member • Posts: 311

Congrats. Just received an email from Amazon confirming shipping tomorrow and that I will receive on Monday.

tedgocal
tedgocal New Member • Posts: 16

I'm jealous. I ordered on the 10th also. I used Amazon's Contact Us page to ask about my order. They said they ran out before they got to my order.

Called a local camera store. They said they got 13 in that were spoken for and a waiting list of people who made deposits. They didn't know when they would get their next shipment. They guessed next week sometime.

Called another camera store and he said they didn't get any and "nobody has them".

tedgocal's gear list:tedgocal's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D500 +2 more
OP Photos Of Our Planet Regular Member • Posts: 183
I wouldn't be jealous just yet...

tedgocal wrote:

I'm jealous. I ordered on the 10th also. I used Amazon's Contact Us page to ask about my order. They said they ran out before they got to my order.

Called a local camera store. They said they got 13 in that were spoken for and a waiting list of people who made deposits. They didn't know when they would get their next shipment. They guessed next week sometime.

Called another camera store and he said they didn't get any and "nobody has them".

I may have gotten a bogus answer from the rep I spoke with because I still haven't received confirmation of shipping like other people have. It's just sitting in my open orders with a piece of text saying that they do not have an estimate available yet so I may be in the second boat with you.

tedgocal
Re: I wouldn't be jealous just yet...

tedgocal wrote:

I may have gotten a bogus answer from the rep I spoke with because I still haven't received confirmation of shipping like other people have. It's just sitting in my open orders with a piece of text saying that they do not have an estimate available yet so I may be in the second boat with you.

I replied nicely to the email I received from Amazon, saying that I had hope that I would be in the next group of shipments. Shortly after that I received an email from Amazon saying I would receive it Tuesday!

OP Photos Of Our Planet Regular Member • Posts: 183
Woohoo its on its way!!!

tedgocal wrote:

tedgocal wrote:

I replied nicely to the email I received from Amazon, saying that I had hope that I would be in the next group of shipments. Shortly after that I received an email from Amazon saying I would receive it Tuesday!

Looks like mine will be here Wednesday with 2 day shipping which means it's shipping this coming Monday. That would sound like they're already getting a second batch. This should bode well for a lot of other people that were not ordering on the first day or so at the other vendors. Hopefully that's a sign that Nikon is going to be pretty close to caught up with production.

BrettJones New Member • Posts: 6

I ordered mine at midnight this morning (I used some CC points to I couldn't pre-order) and I just chatted with Amazon to ask them when I will get it.  They said I'm scheduled to get it on or before Tuesday 4/26!

tedgocal
Re: Woohoo its on its way!!!

tedgocal wrote:

tedgocal wrote:

I replied nicely to the email I received from Amazon, saying that I had hope that I would be in the next group of shipments. Shortly after that I received an email from Amazon saying I would receive it Tuesday!

Looks like mine will be here Wednesday with 2 day shipping which means it's shipping this coming Monday. That would sound like they're already getting a second batch. This should bode well for a lot of other people that were not ordering on the first day or so at the other vendors. Hopefully that's a sign that Nikon is going to be pretty close to caught up with production.

Makes sense. I paid for one day shipping, so I'm scheduled to get it Tuesday.

Mike H Contributing Member • Posts: 961
Unique Photo shipped mine today (21st)

send me an email UPS ground

Mike H's gear list:Mike H's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
dregon1 New Member • Posts: 9

dregon1 wrote:

Now email says shipped and arriving today. Gotta love that one day shipping.

tedgocal
Re: Woohoo its on its way!!!

tedgocal wrote:

tedgocal wrote:

tedgocal wrote:

Makes sense. I paid for one day shipping, so I'm scheduled to get it Tuesday.

Now mine says shipping today. Still says arrival is Tuesday but I expect that to change once I get a tracking number.

JWible New Member • Posts: 4

Hm.  My confirmation of shipping came through with an expected ship date of May 11th.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads