X-T10 Play button issue

Started Apr 8, 2016 | Discussions
phuctan139 Forum Member • Posts: 98
X-T10 Play button issue

Hi all,

Some recent days, I see a lot of posts in my local fuji group on facebook complain about the "play button issue" on X-T10 model , they said that after the pressed it a little bit "harder" than normal, button is stucked like two pictures below. I feel a little bit nervous now . Did anyone of you face this problem?

P/S:

1- I only see this problem happened on silver model.

2- I know that X-T10 is assembled in Thailand but common where is Fuji's quality of this product?

-- hide signature --

A Camera is a save button for the mind's eye

phuctan139's gear list:phuctan139's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Fujifilm X-T10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Tanash New Member • Posts: 3
Re: X-T10 Play button issue

phuctan139 wrote:

Hi all,

Some recent days, I see a lot of posts in my local fuji group on facebook complain about the "play button issue" on X-T10 model , they said that after the pressed it a little bit "harder" than normal, button is stucked like two pictures below. I feel a little bit nervous now . Did anyone of you face this problem?

P/S:

1- I only see this problem happened on silver model.

2- I know that X-T10 is assembled in Thailand but common where is Fuji's quality of this product?

Hi there!

I have the same issue, with the black version of the camera. Just happened today and I don't know what to do. I own the camera for 8 months now, still under warranty. Did you solve this problem?

OP phuctan139 Forum Member • Posts: 98

There are two options for you

1- use tape do stick the button up and give it to correct position, it is temporary solution

2- Since yours is under warranty, bring it to Fuji

3- (Optional) go to buy X-T1 ( just kidding)

-- hide signature --

phuctan139's gear list:phuctan139's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
bs1946
bs1946 Senior Member • Posts: 5,899

phuctan139 wrote:

There are two options for you

1- use tape do stick the button up and give it to correct position, it is temporary solution

2- Since yours is under warranty, bring it to Fuji

3- (Optional) go to buy X-T1 ( just kidding)

That's good because with the X-T1s comes with squishy buttons because of the weather sealing, warping port doors, and peeling rubber. That's why I'm sticking with my X-E2; it's built like a tank and so far no weird problems.

Made in Thailand. I always assumed it was made in Japan like all the other X series ILCs.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
billschaffel.500px.com
instagram.com/billschaffel
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F
Threaded Senior Member • Posts: 2,177

Seems like more of a design issue than a build quality problem; they obviously didn't leave the factory looking like that but some internal weakness in the design allows it to happen over time.

I'm as guilty as anyone for having an irrational preference for "made in Japan", but the reality is Thailand produces vast amounts of high quality gear for various big name camera brands.  Wherever a factory is located, its up to the manufacturer to ensure quality.

Threaded's gear list:Threaded's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS

Eventually, has any of you guys faced the same problem? I contacted fuji and they told me to bring it to service but they were not clear if it will be fixed under warranty... Is there any way it can be fixed by myself?

Forgot to mention that the problem is not that the play button is rotated, that is not a real problem. The real problem is that the button is stuck inside and is not possible to access the play mode...

Lemi Regular Member • Posts: 192

I've received my XT-10 from a shop a week ago. It was the same problem and it happened to my black camera. So it was fixed under warranty. All you have to do is just call the Fuji Customer Service, explain what happened to the camera, they will give you an address  of the nearest shop from you, all recommendations how to safely prepare your camera to be sent out. You'll pay only for package insurance. In 2-3 weeks you'll get it back.

Lemi's gear list:Lemi's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-A2 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +15 more

Lemi wrote:

I've received my XT-10 from a shop a week ago. It was the same problem and it happened to my black camera. So it was fixed under warranty. All you have to do is just call the Fuji Customer Service, explain what happened to the camera, they will give you an address of the nearest shop from you, all recommendations how to safely prepare your camera to be sent out. You'll pay only for package insurance. In 2-3 weeks you'll get it back.

Thank you for your information Lemi! I already contacted them, but they were not clear if it falls under warranty. So if I know that it was repaired under warranty somewhere else I can demand the same for me. I'll bring the camera myself to the nearest service next week, but I was feeling quite unsecure. After all it's not a cheap camera, such a pity to face this kind of problems, but sh*t happens..

Maxrunner New Member • Posts: 1

Hi! Mine is a graphite one and this button is now stuck after getting hard to have it pressed. I just hope i dont have to pay for the repair.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads