Anyone tested Nikon SB-5000 with Yongnuo YN-622N-TX?

Started Mar 27, 2016 | Questions
ArtAlt
ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 2,217
Anyone tested Nikon SB-5000 with Yongnuo YN-622N-TX?

Is there any reason to believe that the SB-5000 would not perform as well as the SB-910 with Yongnuo transmitters and receivers. YN-622N-TX

(Is there any problem with these units on the SB-910?!).

Thank you.,

Art

-- hide signature --
 ArtAlt's gear list:ArtAlt's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony a7 III Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
PeterWeter
PeterWeter Regular Member • Posts: 144
Re: Anyone tested Nikon SB-5000 with Yongnuo YN-622N-TX?

ArtAlt wrote:

Is there any reason to believe that the SB-5000 would not perform as well as the SB-910 with Yongnuo transmitters and receivers. YN-622N-TX

Thank you.,

Art

It should be the same but we have to wait till someone is going to test it.
For me there is no reason to upgrade to the SB-5000 as it only works wireless with the D5 and the D500.

-- hide signature --
 PeterWeter's gear list:PeterWeter's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 8-15mm F3.5-4.5 fisheye Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +6 more
ArtAlt
OP ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 2,217

PeterWeter wrote:

ArtAlt wrote:

Thank you.,

Art

For me there is no reason to upgrade to the SB-5000 as it only works wireless with the D5 and the D500.

I think that it also recycles faster and handles heat better, but, this might not be impact workflow for a lot of people.

-- hide signature --
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Sony a7 III Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +9 more
ArtAlt

ArtAlt wrote:

PeterWeter wrote:

ArtAlt wrote:

Thank you.,

Art

I think that it also recycles faster and handles heat better, but, this might not be impact workflow for a lot of people.

Yongnuo got back to me by email that they have not tested it yet.  No guarantee.

-- hide signature --
Freas Photography
Freas Photography New Member • Posts: 2

Any progress with this?  I am looking at upgrading slowly from using all YN Flash and Triggers, upgrading to the SB 5000 with YN Triggers and Receivers.  Any issues that anyone has seen?

ArtAlt

Freas Photography wrote:

Any progress with this? I am looking at upgrading slowly from using all YN Flash and Triggers, upgrading to the SB 5000 with YN Triggers and Receivers. Any issues that anyone has seen?

I tried it SB-5000's one time with my Yongnuo gear and they worked with two of the four receivers.  I still need to go back and figure out what went wrong.  I think there might be an issue with the receiver holder (stand extension) being metal and touching contacts on the base of the receiver.  Not sure.   Sorry that I can't be more definitive.   Worth a shot if you order some place with a generous return policy.

-- hide signature --
fak85 New Member • Posts: 1

ArtAlt wrote:

Freas Photography wrote:

Any progress with this? I am looking at upgrading slowly from using all YN Flash and Triggers, upgrading to the SB 5000 with YN Triggers and Receivers. Any issues that anyone has seen?

I tried it SB-5000's one time with my Yongnuo gear and they worked with two of the four receivers. I still need to go back and figure out what went wrong. I think there might be an issue with the receiver holder (stand extension) being metal and touching contacts on the base of the receiver. Not sure. Sorry that I can't be more definitive. Worth a shot if you order some place with a generous return policy.

Hi! Did you make it work? I'm planning on buying a sb5000 to use it mounted over a yn622 on camera, to control other speedlights mounted on other 622.

Thanks!

ArtAlt

fak85 wrote:

ArtAlt wrote:

Freas Photography wrote:

I tried it SB-5000's one time with my Yongnuo gear and they worked with two of the four receivers. I still need to go back and figure out what went wrong. I think there might be an issue with the receiver holder (stand extension) being metal and touching contacts on the base of the receiver. Not sure. Sorry that I can't be more definitive. Worth a shot if you order some place with a generous return policy.

Hi! Did you make it work? I'm planning on buying a sb5000 to use it mounted over a yn622 on camera, to control other speedlights mounted on other 622.

Thanks!

I got two of the four to work, but I find the Yongnuo so cryptic, so difficult to use with it's cryptic interface, that I usually rely on the Nikon CLS system (optical) instead.  Every time I pick up the Yongnuo I have to figure out again how to use it.  Have you been able to figure out how to use them reliably and consistently?

I never did try placing a flash on the Yongnuo directly on the camera.   My flashes were all off camera.   Just had the Yongnuo controller on camera.

Two worked consistently and I never tried to figure out what was wrong with the other two but I suspect that the problem is that the piece on my lightstand that holds it is metal, and I suspect that two of them were shorting out.

If you are already comfortable using the Yongnuo then go ahead and use it with SB-5000.   Just test everything carefully during the return period.

-- hide signature --
ahubba New Member • Posts: 3

I tried it yesterday for the first time. The SB5000 would fire if I set the Yongnuo to manual. TTL did not work.

Any thoughts?

ArtAlt

ahubba wrote:

I tried it yesterday for the first time. The SB5000 would fire if I set the Yongnuo to manual. TTL did not work.

Any thoughts?

I've not used it in a while but it would have been all manual for me rather than TTL - when it worked.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads