Farewell to ConanFuji

Started Jan 8, 2016 | Discussions
RuthC
RuthC Contributing Member • Posts: 614
Farewell to ConanFuji

For reasons best known to ConanFuji/ConanFujiX himself, he has closed his membership of the DPR community, and ended his long-serving hosting of hundreds of challenges. He was a very private man, and few people knew the man behind the facade.

I think most would agree that he was at times a very difficult person to relate to: acerbic, controversial, impolite, combative.....

Yet his challenges were very popular, and their subjects very diverse and thought-provoking. Through his challenge rules, he tried to raise the bar to encourage better quality entries, and I think he succeeded in doing so.

He will be missed in these DPR circles, and I will personally miss him as a fellow host. I send him my best wishes for a bright future wherever he is.

RuthC

cjf2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,151
Re: Farewell to ConanFuji

Yes Ruth I'd like to say goodbye to him and to thank him for his challenges that helped widen my interest in photographic subjects and post processing. I hope he is alright as he did seem to go rather off the rails more recently.

Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 18,355

I won't even pretend to miss him. I can put up with candor but not blunt rudeness.

barb_s
barb_s Contributing Member • Posts: 919

I also wish him well. He definitely gave us some very interesting challenges.  Who knows,  we all may meet sometime and find we like each other in person!

Thank you for mentioning this Ruth.

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony RX100 III Leica Q Canon EOS 70D
SamTrekker
SamTrekker Regular Member • Posts: 204

Well said Ruth!  One can tell something was amiss when his sheep/lamb template challenge started popping up like wild daisies 😉  Will miss his 'acerbic' comments...

SamTrekker's gear list:SamTrekker's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS M3 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM +7 more
ysal
ysal Veteran Member • Posts: 8,769

Phew.  I thought he passed away when I saw the title.

-- hide signature --

yuki

ysal's gear list:ysal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EOS 80D
billythek Veteran Member • Posts: 5,260

Wow, looks like his posts and threads are gone, too.  At least I didn't find any.  But he left us with this as a going away present:

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=10783

-- hide signature --

- Bill

billythek's gear list:billythek's gear list
DxO One Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,985

With all possible respect to the OP, I would submit for your consideration my personal opinion that hosting good challenges (which in his case I feel is up for debate) does not make up for behaving like an ass.

-- hide signature --

http://www.nightstreets.com
-
"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named...but a dying culture invariable exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners is more significant than a riot."
This symptom is especially serious in that an individual displaying it never thinks of it as a sign of ill health but as proof of his/her strength. ...Friday, it is too late to save this culture--this worldwide culture... Therefore we must now prepare the monasteries for the coming Dark Age. Electronic records are too fragile..."
--Robert A. Heinlein in "Friday"

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads