Samsung at CES 2016- Actual camera announcements

Started Jan 5, 2016 | Discussions
Raw Jaw
Raw Jaw Senior Member • Posts: 2,662
Samsung at CES 2016- Actual camera announcements

1) A Professional 3D VR camera ( spoken at approx. 2:15 pm CES time ).

-- hide signature --

No cheeky posts please.

Arizona Sunset
Arizona Sunset Senior Member • Posts: 2,971
Re: Samsung at CES 2016- Actual camera announcements

Raw Jaw wrote:

1) A Professional 3D VR camera ( spoken at approx. 2:15 pm CES time ).

-- hide signature --

No cheeky posts please.

Be brave, NX1 owners. There is hope for us, yet.

Arizona Sunset's gear list:Arizona Sunset's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 25mm F1.2 +1 more
xorgh Forum Member • Posts: 82
 xorgh's gear list:xorgh's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8
Raw Jaw
OP Raw Jaw Senior Member • Posts: 2,662

Just completed at 3:00 ces time.

No mention of NX nor any other non-smartphone camera.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192

Probably the marketing department have decided that the NX users are such a small proportion of their total customer base that they can be ignored and any negative feedback has no real impact on sales of major products. If they have thought about it at all that is.

Hopefully DPR can press them on their intentions though I doubt they will get any information. It is a serious issue for a lot of people.

I wonder how much support these super complicated smart TV's and washing machines will get when technology moves so quickly nowadays that buying today's technology means owning next year's lemon.

Design it, make it, ship it, sell it and then forget it seems to be the rule.

Raw Jaw wrote:

Just completed at 3:00 ces time.

No mention of NX nor any other non-smartphone camera.

gazaro Junior Member • Posts: 29

I agree with you.... Samsung cant oficially announce the nx die because they have stock that they want to sell...but the nx die seems real at all...sad but true.....and more sad is if i want a nx1 specs i will have to spend 2xprice on a NikonD500

gazaro's gear list:gazaro's gear list
Samsung NX500
MountaineerMan Regular Member • Posts: 134

gazaro wrote:

I agree with you.... Samsung cant oficially announce the nx die because they have stock that they want to sell...but the nx die seems real at all...sad but true.....and more sad is if i want a nx1 specs i will have to spend 2xprice on a NikonD500

Nikon D500 is more like the NX500 specs but with only 20MP stills

If you want NX1 specs and and price you will have to wait a year and get the sony a7000 or a7iii

Nevada Landscapes
Nevada Landscapes Regular Member • Posts: 185
Re: I see that Samsung has a large booth in the camera section of CES

I looking at the CES maps and see that Samsung has a large booth in the camera section of CES (Central Hall).  I'm going to CES tomorrow and I plan to stop by the booth and ask a few questions.  I report what I find out on Thursday.

Nevada Landscapes's gear list:Nevada Landscapes's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Sony RX10 III Samsung NX500 Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6300

I read that Nikon D500 will have a 200Raw Buffer at 10fps....nx1 has 15fps but buffer is more limited...and the nx500 buffer is really bad...Nikon D500 is a big choose for sports photographers.

Samsung NX500
Kinger Regular Member • Posts: 422

Nevada Landscapes wrote:

I looking at the CES maps and see that Samsung has a large booth in the camera section of CES (Central Hall). I'm going to CES tomorrow and I plan to stop by the booth and ask a few questions. I report what I find out on Thursday.

Can't wait to hear what you find out! Thanks.

Kinger's gear list:Kinger's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake
tecnoworld
tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,155

From petapixel (d500):

The large buffer can store 79 consecutive 14-bit raw shots in burst mode.

The nx1 has 40% more mp, so much bigger raw. It can do about 35-40 raw when set at 10fps. And if used with a lexar 3000x, it goes on at 5-6fps forever.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
tecnoworld

THX A HUGE LOT!

MountaineerMan Regular Member • Posts: 134

Nevada Landscapes wrote:

I looking at the CES maps and see that Samsung has a large booth in the camera section of CES (Central Hall). I'm going to CES tomorrow and I plan to stop by the booth and ask a few questions. I report what I find out on Thursday.

Im jelous you are going to CES but I woulnt hold my breath if I were you. Their wont be anything new camera related.

https://live.theverge.com/samsung-ces-2016-press-conference-liveblog/?_ga=1.141367858.1850683479.1452023119

Great...thnks for the numbers!!...i only write things that i read....i want to be a future nx1 owner...but Samsung makes my decission really hard.

The Nikon D500 20.9Mp sensor may be better for low light situations...but we will have to see how the sensors works....i only want to say that D500 is not like a nx500 (which i have).

If Samsung says something well about nx future i would buy a Nx1 tomorrow...but for now i have to see others options...waiting for sony A7000 (or 6100).

Samsung NX500
creaDVty
creaDVty Senior Member • Posts: 1,268
predicted response

"The news you've heard about the NX from Samsung UK and Germany applies only to those local markets.  Each market is separate and we have not received any NX news regarding other markets.  If there is any further NX news, it will definitely be posted on the respective Samsung site for each local market as soon as possible.  So please check the website from time to time and in the meantime, thank you for your continued patronage and support."

Oh well.  I'm just going to assume it's the end of the party, but I'll continue to use my gear as long as they last.

-- hide signature --

www.BetterFamilyPhotos.com
TTL Flash Tutorial and over 900+ other original articles for taking better candid and family photos.
http://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.com/p/better-family-photos-index.html
Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/13451101@N05/

creaDVty's gear list:creaDVty's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Olympus Stylus 1 +29 more
Kisaha Senior Member • Posts: 1,949

gazaro wrote:

I agree with you.... Samsung cant oficially announce the nx die because they have stock that they want to sell...but the nx die seems real at all...sad but true.....and more sad is if i want a nx1 specs i will have to spend 2xprice on a NikonD500

Nikon D500 is more like the NX500 specs but with only 20MP stills

If you want NX1 specs and and price you will have to wait a year and get the sony a7000 or a7iii

The Sony 7000 will not happen, as it will cut the sales of the A7iii, that will cost close to 3000$.
Maybe a A6000 mild upgrade will be a more realistic approach. Their Axxxx line is still topping the sales everywhere, even Korea and Germany, and you are not changing easily a winning recipe.
They have to put more effort in developing their FF line, which are still lacking in a lot of fields, and has much more profit. They have also their video cameras segment to protect, with their new cameras having some issues.

tecnoworld

a VR camera would have been nice indeed.

Raw Jaw
OP Raw Jaw Senior Member • Posts: 2,662

tecnoworld wrote:

a VR camera would have been nice indeed.

"..would have been...."?  They say it will be and at 360 degrees.

They called it 'professional'.

Time will tell. 

tecnoworld

Oh nice! I didn't know that. I'm really interested in vr.

Kinger Regular Member • Posts: 422

Nevada Landscapes wrote:

I looking at the CES maps and see that Samsung has a large booth in the camera section of CES (Central Hall). I'm going to CES tomorrow and I plan to stop by the booth and ask a few questions. I report what I find out on Thursday

Wrestle any news or updates out of anyone at the booth?

Kinger's gear list:Kinger's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads