Download files from D7200 to PC with WIFI.

Started Jan 4, 2016 | Discussions
Barleyman
Barleyman Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Hotspot ....

HX100V_SN-501251 wrote:

Barleyman wrote:

Barleyman wrote:

HX100V_SN-501251 wrote:

Barleyman wrote:

HX100V_SN-501251 wrote:

OseasMillan wrote:

Hi Everyone.

Do you know a tool or method to download the files from D7200 to a PC using WIFI?

I can remote control the camera with the qDslrDashboard tool, but I can't download the files.

Thank You.

Give this a try ...... really nifty. Once set up, it is kind of handy for just what you are asking for.

http://www.testcams.com/airnef/

Allows you to have images from your D7200 show up on your PC screen just seconds after taking them, if you so desire, as well!

Just installed and tested. Works great. Thanks for the info.

Glad you like it. It does seem to advantage the built in WiFi capabilities of the D7200 and others, WiFi enabled, quite nicely.

My only complaint has to do with how the camera connects. I wish it would just recognize my home network and connect that way. But this will be nice for when I am backing up on vacation to my tablet.

And I assume this is a limitation of the camera firmware, not airnef.

I believe it's that way because the camera is acting like a stand alone WiFi "Hot-spot" that your WiFi on your laptop/etc will see and connect to?

Yes,  that is correct.  Wifi SD cards usually act as a device so you enter the SSID and password into them.  The Nikon Wifi looks like a Hot Spot.

Barleyman's gear list:Barleyman's gear list
Nikon D3100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
HX100V_SN-501251
HX100V_SN-501251 Contributing Member • Posts: 557
Catch on ......

OseasMillan wrote:

Excellent. Thank You very much.

I think it will catch on more; as more cameras come with WiFi built in?  Glad you found it useful.  I have found it to be a much more stable connection and experience than the NIKON WMU app and android phone that I have which drops connection frequently.

HX100V_SN-501251's gear list:HX100V_SN-501251's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina AT-X 12-28mm f/4 Pro DX +2 more
Barleyman
Barleyman Regular Member • Posts: 301
Re: Hardware/Software ......

HX100V_SN-501251 wrote:

Barleyman wrote:

HX100V_SN-501251 wrote:

Barleyman wrote:

HX100V_SN-501251 wrote:

OseasMillan wrote:

Hi Everyone.

Do you know a tool or method to download the files from D7200 to a PC using WIFI?

I can remote control the camera with the qDslrDashboard tool, but I can't download the files.

Thank You.

Give this a try ...... really nifty. Once set up, it is kind of handy for just what you are asking for.

http://www.testcams.com/airnef/

Allows you to have images from your D7200 show up on your PC screen just seconds after taking them, if you so desire, as well!

Just installed and tested. Works great. Thanks for the info.

Glad you like it. It does seem to advantage the built in WiFi capabilities of the D7200 and others, WiFi enabled, quite nicely.

My only complaint has to do with how the camera connects. I wish it would just recognize my home network and connect that way. But this will be nice for when I am backing up on vacation to my tablet.

"Airnef runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux." Is your tablet operating in one of these PC environments as opposed to Apple or Android?

It runs Windows,  and airnef works great.

Barleyman's gear list:Barleyman's gear list
Nikon D3100 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads