My RX10 II freezes

Started Jan 2, 2016 | Discussions
valenterio Regular Member • Posts: 222
My RX10 II freezes

I just got my RX10M2 and for some reason after I take a picture, the red light stays on and on and on. I hit the off button and it still stays on. I removed the battery and the red light went off but the zoom stayed extended. After I re-inserted the battery, the zoom went back to normal and everything seemed fine. For a day. It happened again. I'm using a Sony 64 gig 4K card. Could it be the card?  Or should I just return the camera to B&H? Has anyone else had this problem?

-- hide signature --

valente

valenterio's gear list:valenterio's gear list
Sony RX10 II Sony a7R III Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Sony RX10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Rainer Eberhardt Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: My RX10 II freezes

valenterio wrote:

Could it be the card? Or should I just return the camera to B&H? Has anyone else had this problem?

Let's hope it's only the card

So, has it been properly formatted _in the camera_?

Has the error happened with another card as well?

If you have only this card, check it with a tool like this: http://www.flashmemorytoolkit.com

David Clarke29 Contributing Member • Posts: 787

Ref the zoom staying out - it will, because removing the battery leaves it with no power to retract.

Dave. (UK)

OP valenterio Regular Member • Posts: 222

David Clarke29 wrote:

Ref the zoom staying out - it will, because removing the battery leaves it with no power to retract.

Dave. (UK)

Duh. Makes sense. I love the power zoom. I shot with it today and it didn't freeze at all. Odd. I haven't done anything different. Maybe a fluke?

-- hide signature --

valente

valenterio's gear list:valenterio's gear list
Sony RX10 II Sony a7R III Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
edform
edform Veteran Member • Posts: 8,449

valenterio wrote:

David Clarke29 wrote:

Dave. (UK)

Duh. Makes sense. I love the power zoom. I shot with it today and it didn't freeze at all. Odd. I haven't done anything different. Maybe a fluke?

This can be caused by a dodgy SD card. Sometimes simply formatting the card in the camera will kill the problem, but there have been one or two reports here in the forum where the only cure was to junk the card.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads