AF targeting pad

Started Dec 27, 2015 | Discussions
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,488
AF targeting pad

In the context of the OMD line, has the AF targeting pad been extended to other models (e.g. E-M1 and E-M5.2) via FW updates, or is it still exclusive to the E-M10.2?

Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RedOctobyr Regular Member • Posts: 298
Re: AF targeting pad

In the context of the OMD line, has the AF targeting pad been extended to other models (e.g. E-M1 and E-M5.2) via FW updates, or is it still exclusive to the E-M10.2?

It's still exclusive to the E-M10ii. Someone posted that the 10ii had a different type of LCD screen, which was required to make that work. I don't know if that's accurate, but no, it was not added to the others with the recent FW updates.

RedOctobyr's gear list:RedOctobyr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
OP tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,488

RedOctobyr wrote:

It's still exclusive to the E-M10ii. Someone posted that the 10ii had a different type of LCD screen, which was required to make that work. I don't know if that's accurate, but no, it was not added to the others with the recent FW updates.

Thanks.

That complicates things...

Fri13 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,113

RedOctobyr wrote:

The digitizer is needed to be active (powered) to work as touchpad, and it seems that it gets disabled same time as the EVF gets activated.

RedOctobyr Regular Member • Posts: 298

Perhaps on the older models, the digitizer and LCD screen are powered together? So that you couldn't enable the touchscreen while keeping the LCD off? That could explain the limitation, without it being explicitly linked to something about the EVF itself.

RedOctobyr's gear list:RedOctobyr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH
Fri13 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,113

RedOctobyr wrote:

Perhaps on the older models, the digitizer and LCD screen are powered together? So that you couldn't enable the touchscreen while keeping the LCD off? That could explain the limitation, without it being explicitly linked to something about the EVF itself.

Yes I meant that, as the rear display (both EVF and rear display has LCD) is turned off when EVF proximity sensor is activated.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads