Started Dec 4, 2015 | Discussions
VINEETHPV New Member • Posts: 1
Canon PowerShot SX 70 HS

Any one have any idea about releasing date of Canon power Shot sx 70 HS

Ramesh Kumar 1361
Ramesh Kumar 1361 Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: Canon PowerShot SX 70 HS

I think camera will arrive on Q1 of 2016, possibly on FEB

You can read more rumors here http://thenewcamera.com/camera-and-lenses-coming-at-ces-2016/

Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,299

VINEETHPV wrote:

Any one have any idea about releasing date of Canon power Shot sx 70 HS

No, sorry.  Only Canon does so you'll have to wait until an announcement.  Might be February, might be September.  Could even be 2017.

canpen Regular Member • Posts: 331

Ramesh Kumar 1361 wrote:

I think camera will arrive on Q1 of 2016, possibly on FEB

You can read more rumors here http://thenewcamera.com/camera-and-lenses-coming-at-ces-2016/

That site is basically a joke. It's just some dude repeating stuff that he has read elsewhere from the web. Don't expect to find anything original or new there.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be any serious indication of Canon announcing SX70 anytime soon, so my best guess would be their traditional date next September, 2 years after SX60, which was 2 years after SX50.

canpen's gear list:canpen's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900
netudiant New Member • Posts: 5

Canon has been losing ground in the superzoom market to Nikon's P900, so it would be surprising if they took two years to replace the SX60.  Against that, they have launched G3X, G5X, and G9X in the past couple of months, so their engineers have been pretty busy.

netudiant's gear list:netudiant's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Nikon DL24-500

netudiant wrote:

Canon has been losing ground in the superzoom market to Nikon's P900, so it would be surprising if they took two years to replace the SX60. Against that, they have launched G3X, G5X, and G9X in the past couple of months, so their engineers have been pretty busy.

I would guess they have simply made a decision something like 4 years ago that their superzoom release cycle is now 2 years, and they then make development and production schedules based on that. So when the P900 came out, they had likely already fixed their plans for the next model, at least as far as timing goes.

However, it may have forced them to return to the drawing board, if they aimed to get the crown of the longest zoom, and that managed to take them by surprise.

I'm also suspecting that the P900 doesn't actually hurt their current sales too much, since it has had availability issues from day one, and it seems the production amounts are not that big relative to the usual sales numbers of superzoom models.

For example, at the moment the P900 is sold out pretty much everywhere, and most retailers don't even seem to know when they get more. So those who want to have a superzoom as a gift will need to buy something else instead anyway. So from the commercial perspective, at the moment the failure of the SX60 probably creates more pressure to push out a new model than the P900 does.

Nikon Coolpix P900
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,299

netudiant wrote:

Canon has been losing ground in the superzoom market to Nikon's P900, so it would be surprising if they took two years to replace the SX60. Against that, they have launched G3X, G5X, and G9X in the past couple of months, so their engineers have been pretty busy.

The P900 lacks raw and a hotshoe; I'll be waiting to see what else Canon has before giving up both of these features that are important to me.

Mark B. wrote:

netudiant wrote:

The P900 lacks raw and a hotshoe; I'll be waiting to see what else Canon has before giving up both of these features that are important to me.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Nikon actually managed to refresh their line once more before Canon. So far they have had 1 year release cycle and new releases on February.

My guess would be that we will next see Nikon P620 and P910 which look mostly identical to their predecessors from the outside, have same lenses and zoom ranges, but have finally updated the internal chip architecture, meaning more speed to pretty much everything. There's a good chance that would bring raw support with it. Hotshoe not as likely, as it would need other changes.

But then again since they are still unable to deliver enough of the current P900, and it basically doesn't have any competitors whatsoever in its class, they may not upgrade it quite so soon.

Nikon Coolpix P900
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads