"Silly" rumor about "Samikon"...

Started Nov 23, 2015 | Discussions
tecnoworld
tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,232
"Silly" rumor about "Samikon"...

OK, now this is getting silly. Today at a local shop the owner was trying to sell a NX500 to a Nikon owner and told him that, in few months, there will be an adapter for Nikon lenses, allowing to use them on the NX mount. Hearing that, I said that's already possible with dumb adapters and he replied that they are about to release a fully electronical adapter.

I really, really think this is something not going to happen, but...would be really interesting if true.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
Samsung NX500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
JimmyHBG
JimmyHBG Contributing Member • Posts: 510
Re: "Silly" rumor about "Samikon"...

Well, I really hope it's true, but I don't think it is, sadly

JimmyHBG's gear list:JimmyHBG's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
JQuonDo Regular Member • Posts: 212

tecnoworld wrote:

OK, now this is getting silly. Today at a local shop the owner was trying to sell a NX500 to a Nikon owner and told him that, in few months, there will be an adapter for Nikon lenses, allowing to use them on the NX mount. Hearing that, I said that's already possible with dumb adapters and he replied that they are about to release a fully electronical adapter.

I really, really think this is something not going to happen, but...would be really interesting if true.

Salesmen technique.  I feel bad for the average consumers who get taken advantage by salesmen.

JQuonDo's gear list:JQuonDo's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S
armin304 Contributing Member • Posts: 689

I think he got the rumor wrong, because today the first working adapter for Nikon AF-S to Sony E is on sale or preorder.

armin304's gear list:armin304's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony RX10 III Nikon D700 Samsung NX2000 Samsung NX30 +3 more
otto k Senior Member • Posts: 2,211

Oh, that. I thought you were taking about rumor that I heard around a year or two ago that samsung was to provide technology (sensors?) for Nikon and that they were working on some hush hush project together. When nx1 appeared everybody took it for granted that that was the project (let's face it, it looks like D400 would have looked) although originally it was to be Nikon's. Looking back, it might even make sense seeing how Sony bought Toshiba sensor division so now Nikon has to buy from Sony any high resolution aps-c and ff sensor and they might not like it.

But, it seemed somehow off back then, still seems a bit off, but stranger things have happened...

otto k's gear list:otto k's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED +6 more
ttbek Veteran Member • Posts: 4,869

They told me an auto adapter was coming for K mount to NX back when I got my NX300, store salesmen these days don't just know nothing, they even lie through their teeth.

ttbek's gear list:ttbek's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon EOS 5D Samsung NX300 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Samsung NX30 +37 more
ludwik123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,417

ttbek wrote:

They told me an auto adapter was coming for K mount to NX back when I got my NX300, store salesmen these days don't just know nothing, they even lie through their teeth.

"These days" ?

Salesmen have always lied and will continue to do so!

Back in the 1990s I was looking at very cheap 35mm compacts when a salesman came over and started sprouting specifications including autofocus.   I knew for a fact that the camera I was holding only had manual focus by guesswork with symbols for one head, three heads and mountains.

ludwik123's gear list:ludwik123's gear list
Olympus C-765 UZ Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Fujifilm FinePix F80EXR Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus SZ-16 iHS +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads