rx100m3, Leaves: FALL IN!

Started Nov 14, 2015 | Discussions
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 15,540
rx100m3, Leaves: FALL IN!

Before we left last Sunday

Oh, there's plenty more waiting

1 week later, still quite a few holding on, to make me rake several times

And, this little red beauty is holding on in Maine

Where's the blower, where's the rake, where's some help???

Anyone notice the TV antenna on my house's chimney?

After 2 storms with no power or cable for 8 days each, I put an antenna back on. HD over the air is as good, can be better, than Cable, and, many shows pass dolby 5.1 sound over the air, not all cable shows pass 5.1 sound. Every time I go on vacation, I miss my little Home Theater, especially it's sound system.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Olympus Air Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 15,540
Re: rx100m3, Leaves: FALL IN!

Weapons of Mass Collection

Front's Done, back tomorrow, unless my back .......

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 36,278

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Before we left last Sunday

Oh, there's plenty more waiting

1 week later, still quite a few holding on, to make me rake several times

And, this little red beauty is holding on in Maine

Where's the blower, where's the rake, where's some help???

Anyone notice the TV antenna on my house's chimney?

After 2 storms with no power or cable for 8 days each, I put an antenna back on. HD over the air is as good, can be better, than Cable, and, many shows pass dolby 5.1 sound over the air, not all cable shows pass 5.1 sound. Every time I go on vacation, I miss my little Home Theater, especially it's sound system.

And your RX10?

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Nice pics Elliott.

Back-Breaker

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
edform
edform Senior Member • Posts: 5,287

You were out of power for 2x8 days? Dropping hints about a generator for Christmas seems a good way to go.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 +2 more

Bill Borne wrote:

And your RX10?

My RX10 gives me and Harvey fantastic images every day. Mine was the first model that did 4K.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

edform wrote:

You were out of power for 2x8 days? Dropping hints about a generator for Christmas seems a good way to go.

Ed, don't you remember photos of my FrankenTree?

I got a portable generator just in time for Hurricane Irene in August 2011. My BIL had to go several hours deep into PA to get the last 2 hondas around. That was 8 days no power, no tv antenna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Irene_in_New_Jersey

my sump pumps were running every 11 seconds at one point, more water than I ever want to see again. I have 2 pits, 2 120v pumps, 2 24v pumps, 4 marine batteries. I ran one pit on the generator, the other one off it's batteries, then switched them over every 2 hours. It rained for days.

It's a small Honda 2000 watt inverter, you need to be clever how you use it, but I had my natural gas hot air furnace going, coffee, microwave, lights here and there, refrigerator of course, you just cycle things as you need them.

Getting gas was a nightmare. All gas cans disappeared over night. I bought a 5 gal blue kerosene can, bought gas in my red cans, put it in the blue one, (no gas station will put gas in a blue kerosene can) filled the red ones again. I thought I had 25 gallons of gas I could siphon from the 2 cars, like I did during the fuel embargoes in the 70's. BUT, all cars since ______ have anti-siphon gizmos in the filler hose. I'm still mad about that. Gas stations lose power, pumps don't work.

Then, following year, superstorm Sandy, wind, trees down, more wind, more trees down, measured 90mph here in my town, it was incredible. No big rain problem, but, you couldn't even get out of the neighborhoods to try and get gas, trees across streets everywhere.

I had my collection of cans, about 20 gals of gas to start with, then .... And, I watched Over the Air HD TV like a champion.

baked bread in a toaster oven. Donna had just finished mixing bread when the power went out. 8 days later, we heard a noise in the kitchen, the mixer was running, power restored.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Sandy

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Mina J
Mina J Senior Member • Posts: 2,816

Elliott, these are really nice shots.  I like the vibrant colors and the photos are tack sharp.

Thanks for sharing,

mina

-- hide signature --

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"
William Shakespeare

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Nikon D300 Nikon D750
wolfd Senior Member • Posts: 1,262

Lovely fall colors in these shots Elliott.

Sorry to hear you had to suffer without power for so long.

wolfd's gear list:wolfd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) +6 more

Mina J wrote:

Elliott, these are really nice shots. I like the vibrant colors and the photos are tack sharp.

Thanks for sharing,

mina

Glad you like them Mina, some are handheld in-camera HDR's. I am liking those effortless results.

I am not doing the back yard today, I will be listening to 5 new Jazz Vocalists at 3pm, and already hurt in various places, the leaves can wait till Monday.

http://www.sarahvaughancompetition.com/

-- hide signature --

Elliott

wolfd wrote:

Lovely fall colors in these shots Elliott.

Sorry to hear you had to suffer without power for so long.

I just gave my younger brother a portable generator. He lives in Maine, and was primarily worried about keeping his pipes from freezing. When I was finished showing him how I would hook up his furnace, refrigerator, various things, he understood, with a small generator, you don't suffer much.

Fall is my favorite season, however, the older I get, when Fall comes, I now soon start to think "another ....... winter".

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Mina J
Mina J Senior Member • Posts: 2,816

Good for you and have a wonderful day 

-- hide signature --

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"
William Shakespeare

Mina J's gear list:Mina J's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 IV Nikon D300 Nikon D750
ric63
ric63 Senior Member • Posts: 2,557

Really great images Elliott.

I can only imagine how quickly that pile would be replaced by more not long after you clean up.

HUGE job mate, do the grand kids pitch in as well?

You need a turbo charged leaf blower

-- hide signature --

Enjoy Your Photography,
Ric.

ric63's gear list:ric63's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G +8 more
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 36,278

ric63 wrote:

I can only imagine how quickly that pile would be replaced by more not long after you clean up.

Yup, those elefctric ones are crap!!!

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
ric63

I love looking at trees, but don't like owning them so much.

-- hide signature --

Enjoy Your Photography,
Ric.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G +8 more
Back Yard Fun

Time for the back yard.

It was such a beautiful day, I got Donna out to supervise.

Done

My Frankentree, it was a fright during both storms, but especially Sandy's 90 mph winds

Plenty leaves holding on back there

I had a cable put in to connect/balance the two sides of it

-- hide signature --

Elliott

ric63
Re: Back Yard Fun

Mate,

The Foreman Donna is doing a great job.

Cant see much work form your end though.

She may have to go to the agency for a more reliable worker?

-- hide signature --

Enjoy Your Photography,
Ric.

jrdu Forum Pro • Posts: 21,371
Pray for a hurricane

or a blizzard.

That sure is one mess of leaves you've got there.

-- hide signature --

John Dunn

Re: Pray for a hurricane

jrdu wrote:

or a blizzard.

That sure is one mess of leaves you've got there.

2 hurricanes is enough, I hope I never need my generator again.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

ric63 wrote:

When I was upside down under my kitchen sink, installing a new disposal unit, I was seriously asking myself where some help was.

I lived 2 blocks from my Father In Law. He called, I did everything, he taught me too much. If I didn't know how to do stuff, I would call someone, and watch my TV. I had no father, no uncles, growing up, I cut lawns as a teenager, didn't even know the spark plug came out.

My son is 1/2 hour away, quite capable, but, unavailable most of the time. He works several jobs, we call him rescue man: FT Fireman, New Brunswick, NJ; PT Coast Guard Reserves; PT EMT New Brunswick; PT EMT Rutgers University; Occasionally travels about teaching EMT.

I should adopt a teenager now, teach him how to paint wood houses, mow and rake, shovel snow, sheetrock repair, ........, I am a very good supervisor, I ran a 30 person design office for many years, one ought to be easy.

I should set fire to my shop.

Cooper helps me clean up the shop, he knows where most of the tools go in which drawers, after a while, he says, "I'm tired', lets have a snack"

-- hide signature --

Elliott

ric63

THERE is your new student!

Cooper is at the perfect age to start his poppy apprenticeship right now.

LOL

Yes, set fire to it and start all over

-- hide signature --

Enjoy Your Photography,
Ric.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads