No more NX1's in Hong Kong

Started Nov 10, 2015 | Discussions
deang001
deang001 Regular Member • Posts: 213
No more NX1's in Hong Kong

I posted this on EOSHD ... thought some of you may be interested. And I'm not trying to start rumours or anything, this is just what I was told from an OFFICIAL Samsung store here in HK. I'm actually trying to find one as I reckon for 4k it annihilates my A7Rii (which is up for sale) I have, but I can't find any anywhere. I should have never sold my NX1 in the first place

Take what you will from this ... rang one of the Samsung stores here in Hong Kong (Telford Centre) today and asked if they had any NX1's or NX1 kits in stock. He said "No, the NX1 has been discontinued by Samsung and we are not able to buy any more stock." I said, "So they are not producing it any more?" and he said, "Yes, that is correct it is no longer in production". He seemed to know what he was talking about.

-- hide signature --
 deang001's gear list:deang001's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +8 more
Samsung NX1 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
haitzo Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: No more NX1's in Hong Kong

Hello,

I just wanted to tell the other side of the story. Yesterday I saw in Saturn Germany that they have built a stand only for Samsung cameras and objectives. Previously Samsung cameras were hidden between the other big brands.

Just my 5 cents.

Best Regards

haitzo's gear list:haitzo's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Tokina 20mm F2 FE MF Samyang AF 35mm F2.8 FE
Ceedjay Regular Member • Posts: 183

Hi !

Now, the problem is no longer to know who is right among users. Samsung MUST tell users the reality of the story. It really is time they issued a definitive communiqué about the real situation. This is enough speculating.

I mean, if a SAMSUNG retailer says the NX1 is no longer in production, I guess they know what they are talking about, aren't they ?

Just for information, that's it for Monclick in Italy, too. They have cleared the stocks and won't propose NX products anymore. "We have too many difficulties getting products" is what they told me.

Personnaly, with such a behaviour, I'm done with Samsung cameras.

Cheers
Jay

Ceedjay's gear list:Ceedjay's gear list
Samsung WB150F Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 45mm F1.8 Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
mordor_74 Contributing Member • Posts: 615

This weekend i visit a big store in italy that has a big Samsung display (1/4 of the store with aeveral guys with Samsung t shirts) and the Samsung booth is gone: No more tv, tablets, phones, Digital camera or what else. No more guys from Samsung. I think they are changing their Distribution channels, For every product, not only Digital cameras. Guess we Will see it appening as contract with stores Will expire.

The statemante from the Hong kong salesman may be due to the fact that they cannot stock anymore so they try to sell you something different.

NX1 is selling well and they are still promoting, only reason i see to discontinue is an upcoming mkII model, and this may be a Smart move but first explain may be closer to reality.
--
http://samsungnxtips.blogspot.com

mordor_74's gear list:mordor_74's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Samsung NX1100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
deang001
OP deang001 Regular Member • Posts: 213

NX1 is selling well and they are still promoting, only reason i see to discontinue is an upcoming mkII model, and this may be a Smart move but first explain may be closer to reality.
--

Yes, could be. I doubt it very much but I hope it is the case.

An NX2 would be amazing.

-- hide signature --
 deang001's gear list:deang001's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +8 more
tecnoworld
tecnoworld Veteran Member • Posts: 7,210

There's still a lot of potential in nx1 that could be unleashed via fw update. It already beats most (all?) Apsc cams out there, so I can't see what could be improved right now via hw, to make it even better.

Things like 8k are long to come, technologically wise.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX1 +15 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192

Everyone is talking about and enthusing over the product with the exception of the company that makes it. Not a good sign.

tecnoworld wrote:

There's still a lot of potential in nx1 that could be unleashed via fw update. It already beats most (all?) Apsc cams out there, so I can't see what could be improved right now via hw, to make it even better.

Things like 8k are long to come, technologically wise.

tecnoworld

+1 for this. Unfortunately the big "minus" with samsung has always be the very limited feedback to suggestions, comments and whatever NX related.

SpacemanUA
SpacemanUA Senior Member • Posts: 1,220

I summon ChimPanzer to this thread! 

SpacemanUA's gear list:SpacemanUA's gear list
Sony a6400 Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (Sony) Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN
vincentocat Forum Member • Posts: 76

It is clear that Samsung NX is done.
Even if there is no official statement by Samsung, this silence is not good at all, many shops have stopped to sell Samsung camera and there is nothing new on the Youtube channel and Samsungcamera.com since a june.

vincentocat's gear list:vincentocat's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS
mordor_74 Contributing Member • Posts: 615

Many review are based on old firmware, so a Mark II (with new firmer from start, some aspect change etc etc) may help spread the world. May sound silly but if you look around many makers do this with topselling models.
--

mordor_74's gear list:mordor_74's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Samsung NX1100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +7 more
Kinson Wong
Kinson Wong Forum Member • Posts: 81

deang001 wrote:

I posted this on EOSHD ... thought some of you may be interested. And I'm not trying to start rumours or anything, this is just what I was told from an OFFICIAL Samsung store here in HK. I'm actually trying to find one as I reckon for 4k it annihilates my A7Rii (which is up for sale) I have, but I can't find any anywhere. I should have never sold my NX1 in the first place

Take what you will from this ... rang one of the Samsung stores here in Hong Kong (Telford Centre) today and asked if they had any NX1's or NX1 kits in stock. He said "No, the NX1 has been discontinued by Samsung and we are not able to buy any more stock." I said, "So they are not producing it any more?" and he said, "Yes, that is correct it is no longer in production". He seemed to know what he was talking about.

The Samsung stores in HongKong are not run by samsung directly, they just partner with some chain store ( e.g. fortress and Broadway). Therefore the samsung store staff don't know much actually. If you really want to buy NX1, you can goto mongkok Cam2. They still have stock 2 weeks ago.

Kisaha Senior Member • Posts: 2,203

This is kind of ridiculous. I am still "investing" in NX system, but this has gone too far. I try not to follow the rumors, because they are rumors after all, but still, Samsumg makes it very difficult even to propose the camera to anyone. Most of the people (everyone I know) hesitate to invest on the system, first, because the physical presence still plays a factor (people want to touch/look at equipment, and so more for pro equipmemt such as the NX1), and because in Greece we have capital controls, we can't buy anything from abroad. I know it is a small market, but a few thousands NX1's would have been a few thousands people investing and living through the ecosystem, showing at friends etc. It is silly to quit now that you are starting to create some buzz. Photography is a more traditional and conservative market, than mobile phones, let's say. An uknown Chinese factory will make a 4GB RAM mobile phone and it will have instant succes, not in photographic systems. It is just sad.

Sorry for replying to myself! But the NX doesn't need a camera right now. A couple of firmware updates, evolvement of the DIS, and a new NX1 in September with IBIS +DIS, same Mpixels(or a bit more) and better low light performance. A new NX500 early 2017, a Full Frame camera(NX compatible, and Full frame lenses with a company that already has a line in place, a strategic sensors for lenses cooperation) in 2016, and lenses, lots of competitive lenses! If Samsung concentrates only at phones and electronics will have huge problems the next 5 years as cheap products are becoming better and more widespread, photo systems not. Typed in my 200€ super wooper douper Chinese phone!

tecnoworld

New nx1 in 1 year from the original one would be overkill and, imo, absurd. Nx50 or rangefinder nx1 would be great.

Nx500 is too good and too cheap(500€ in Europe right now) for a middle camera to exist between that and NX1, and a Nxx camera has a similar form factor (and evf) with the NX1. Maybe an extra 200$ EVF for the NXxxx's series would be a good idea, and plausible. I am really happy with everything NX500, if anyone wants an EVF should be able to buy one, or if one wants a bigger formFactor, still lighter and smaller than a dSLR, there is the excellent NX1. Winter of 2016 will be a good time for the next NX1, 2 years after NX1. Sony has a year cycle for the A7 series(which is too bad for customers, too good for their profits).

Ralph McIntosh Regular Member • Posts: 301

tecnoworld wrote:

+1 for this. Unfortunately the big "minus" with samsung has always be the very limited feedback to suggestions, comments and whatever NX related.

Samsung builds fantastic products but to all of them them support is one of the worst i know!

One reason not to buy a Samsung handheld anymore. And I beg I never need the Samsung support for my NX1.

I still have TV and vacuum cleaner form them and they work very good. Needed support for TV but never got it. Fiddled the problem myself.

Ralph McIntosh's gear list:Ralph McIntosh's gear list
Samsung NX1 Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EOS 300D Canon EOS 10D Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 +8 more

I agree, but once that a lens(which I bought from ebay) had a minor focusing problem (I am sure most people wouldn't even notice), they replaced it immediately (even though they had already withdraw from the Greek market) and I have a sense that their frequent firmware updates created a hype for other companies as well, so it isn't like they don't hear. What could you say about the whole Canon range, from crop to C100-300-500 series then, do they listen?

BostonC Contributing Member • Posts: 603

Maybe the msgs there Finding NX1 in HK  will help you to get one in HK

rose67 New Member • Posts: 5

I was in my local camera store in Brisbane over the weekend and the sales person said that Samsung Cameras are pulling out of Australia as they have not sold as well as expected. This is really disappointing as I have just spent over $5000 on lenses and my NX1.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads