New Sony A6100 and A7000 cameras plus firmware update for A5100 and A6000

Started Nov 6, 2015 | Discussions
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 27,478
Re: New Sony A6100 and A7000 cameras plus firmware update for A5100 and A6000

SAR posted the same rumor about the A6100, yesterday. Mid to late November.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr4-looks-like-the-sony-a6100-is-coming-for-real/

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Sony a7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +3 more
afragisk Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Re: This is a fake.

This b/astard fooled some of us momentarily, but it's over now. I'm sure Sony has A6K successor and we might see it announced in November, but this specs are fake.

That's so mean. Unacceptable.

-- hide signature --

Apollon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
http://500px.com/Apollon
Fuji XE-1&2, LX100, Fuji 50-140 2.8, 56 1.2, 27 2.8, 23 1.4, Touit 12 2.8, Rokinon II 8 2.8

Howard
Howard Senior Member • Posts: 1,883
IBIS?

Ibis?

-- hide signature --

Howard
cameras: 5DII, 7DII, 70D
lenses: 17-40 f/4 USM L, 24-70 f/4 IS USM L, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 II IS USM L, 24 f/3.5 TSE L, 50 f/1.4 USM, 100 f/2.8 IS USM Macro L, 300 f/2.8 IS USM II, 430 EX II, 270 EX II, EF 1.4x TC III, EF 2x TC III
personal website: http://www.travelerathome.com
blog: http://travelerathome.wordpress.com

Howard's gear list:Howard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
OP Anthony David Forum Member • Posts: 51

JohnNEX wrote:

Silmarion wrote:

This b/astard fooled some of us momentarily, but it's over now. I'm sure Sony has A6K successor and we might see it announced in November, but this specs are fake.

I guess there are three options:

1. He is making this stuff up, but clearly knows enough to know what is broadly plausible and what is not, such that even if the final specs are different he is probably going to get enough correct to claim partial success.

2. He is who he claims and will get fired very soon for breaking his NDA. I can't imagine that it would be too difficult for Sony to identify him.

3. He is correct with the specs and is posting with permission from Sony who are effectively doing a bit of informal pre-announcement market research and/or get a bit more hype for the announcement. I don't know enough about marketing to know if it is more effective to have a genuine 'surprise' announcement or a 'surprise-but-not-really-a-surprise' announcement.

If you still have any doubt about the veracity of the specs I posted then explain how I could have photos taken with the new cameras as you can see below:

afragisk Senior Member • Posts: 1,467

I wouldn't be replying to that comment if I was you. Thank you for being kind enough to inform us.

-- hide signature --

Apollon
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
http://500px.com/Apollon
Fuji XE-1&2, LX100, Fuji 50-140 2.8, 56 1.2, 27 2.8, 23 1.4, Touit 12 2.8, Rokinon II 8 2.8

T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,529

caravan wrote:

Touchscreen,4K Video,and Selfie Screen = Pass

It's bizarre that someone would choose to pass because a product has *extra* features.  It like saying, "What, this car has cup holders, USB charging ports, and Bluetooth?  Pass!"

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,529
Re: Is high ISO improved a bit? Is new kit lens coming? Thank you.

justmeMN wrote:

Anthony David wrote: I had the opportunity to try the weather-sealed prototype of the 16-50 kit lens, it seems to have the same optical performance as the current 16-50 but it needs a filter for weather sealing to work.

It's too bad that they didn't come out with a better kit lens. The quality of the current one is "controversial", to put it politely.

I use the kit lens regularly.  Not everything is about anal pixel peeping into the corners of every image.  The 16-50 kit lens is a great lens because it's so compact.  To give you an idea of just how compact it is, it's only slightly longer than the Canon 22mm EF-M pancake!  The 16-50's compact size makes it a fun lens to shoot with, making the camera about the size of a compact camera.  Its size makes it a fun lens to shoot with in the same way the Canon 22mm EF-M is a fun lens to shoot with: small, take-anywhere size.  Yes, I have sharper lenses.  But for general shooting, I don't think the 16-50 is a bad lens at all.  I think it's a no-brainer to have in your lens collection.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,469

You haven't been informed, you've been duped.

Biggest red flag to me is probably the dual card slots. You're going to try and tell me Sony didn't bother on the larger A7RII and even more so on the A7SII which was just released, but they threw the feature pros have been asking for on their APS-C model a month later?

-- hide signature --

A hobbyist sees a photo with his eyes and captures it. A photographer sees a photo with his mind and creates it.

rcpettengill
rcpettengill Forum Member • Posts: 71

Is this a full electronic shutter (like the a7s) or just the electronic fist curtain shutter on the existing A6000?

Thanks,

Rob

rcpettengill's gear list:rcpettengill's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6300 +1 more
RC Photography Regular Member • Posts: 265
Too much from this day old poster makes no sense.

Mathieu18 wrote:

You haven't been informed, you've been duped.

Biggest red flag to me is probably the dual card slots. You're going to try and tell me Sony didn't bother on the larger A7RII and even more so on the A7SII which was just released, but they threw the feature pros have been asking for on their APS-C model a month later?

Add to this the part about super weather sealing better than a water proof camera, and future APSC weather proof 'kit' lenses.   Sony is done making high end APSC only lenses, and any high end weather sealed lens would be FF (FE).  And their top of the line cameras are not sealed either.  Sony is not going to make an APSC camera better and less expensive than many of the A7 series cameras.

RC Photography's gear list:RC Photography's gear list
Samsung NX500 Sony a7R II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM
Howard
Howard Senior Member • Posts: 1,883
and you know this how?

How?
--
Howard
cameras: 5DII, 7DII, 70D
lenses: 17-40 f/4 USM L, 24-70 f/4 IS USM L, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 II IS USM L, 24 f/3.5 TSE L, 50 f/1.4 USM, 100 f/2.8 IS USM Macro L, 300 f/2.8 IS USM II, 430 EX II, 270 EX II, EF 1.4x TC III, EF 2x TC III
personal website: http://www.travelerathome.com
blog: http://travelerathome.wordpress.com

Howard's gear list:Howard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +7 more
And I beta tested the new A81000

I hope no one believes either of us.

Also, the one looks hand made without any shadows.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,469
Re: And I beta tested the new A81000

Holy CR@P! (Crap? Crop? Both work...) I can't wait to try the A81000, It's like 100 versions ahead, I'm sure it's amazing. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks for informing us!

RC Photography wrote:

Sony's new A81000 super e-mount camera more than 10 times better than an A7000

I hope no one believes either of us.

-- hide signature --

A hobbyist sees a photo with his eyes and captures it. A photographer sees a photo with his mind and creates it.

Too far fetched

In the picture he posted of the EXIF data, the "1" looks hand drawn if you examine closely.

captura Forum Pro • Posts: 27,478

Not a Beta tester but as someone suggested, this could be a Sony rep. just testing the waters. We'll find out, soon enough.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Sony a7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +3 more
joelR42 Regular Member • Posts: 186

Yeah, but even more egregious would be a UHS-II card interface when the A7RII at 60+% more megapixels is still stuck at below UHS-I! Of course Sony did something similar with the A6000 and the new OSPDAF. It waiting until after the A7 series was announced and the fervor died down. So maybe. But I kind of hope not. That shows a real lack in Sony's engineering.

joelR42's gear list:joelR42's gear list
Sony a9 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony FE 28mm F2 +1 more
Re: Too far fetched

RC Photography wrote:

In the picture he posted of the EXIF data, the "1" looks hand drawn if you examine closely.

You're wrong, it's a screen capture. Here's a photo I took with A7000, look at the EXIF of the photo:

MY beta test EXIF data is better!!!

Look at the almost freakishly amazing image quality and super high resolution too!

Re: MY beta test EXIF data is better!!!

RC Photography wrote:

Look at the almost freakishly amazing image quality and super high resolution too!

Your EXIF is fake whereas mine isn't.

Just wait until Nov16 when I'll be proven right.

cantor Forum Member • Posts: 66

Don't believe these specs are legit.  Something seems amiss here.

cantor's gear list:cantor's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads