rx100m3, Fall Watercolors

Started Nov 3, 2015 | Discussions
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,650
rx100m3, Fall Watercolors

with m1, you can take a regular shot, and make an alternate in-camera watercolor version later.

The advantage is, they are identical, so if you think the effect is overdone, but like the shot, you can PP, use two layers, regular, watercolor, and blend them using any degree of transparency you want, getting any degree of the water color effect you want.

m3, you need to take a regular shot, if you want, and, SEPARATELY, take an in-camera watercolor.

menu, camera, page 4, picture effect, WtrC. Remember to change Pitcure effect back to default 'off'.

btw, I have used High Contrasat Black and White, I like it a lot. same menu, HC-BW

I do handheld, with m3 they are not perfectly aligned. I suppose you could use a tripod, 2 sec timer or remote to get shake free identical, but, you have to press buttons and rockers to change the Picture effect in the menu, so you might have to do some very minor alignment later. Of course, a quality tripod helps. mine ....

Anyway, we had a nice day, a trip to the Deserted Village with Donna and Cooper. Last year, age 3-1/2, when he got tired: "uppie, uppie". The twin grandma's and mom picked him up and carried him. Not me, I tightened his shoes, told him "he hiked in, he has to hike out", turned my back to him and he hiked out, and was proud later.

This time, age 4-1/2, he hiked over 2 miles, and RAN up the 1/4 mile steep hill back to the car.

It may be, some perspective correction would help a shot you like, a painter would not paint things tilting in. Anyone tried that on a watercolor photo?

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Canon EOS M3 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ric63
ric63 Senior Member • Posts: 2,557
Re: rx100m3, Fall Watercolors

I do like those water colours Elliott, a great feature for something a little bit different SOOC.

-- hide signature --

Enjoy Your Photography,
Ric.

ric63's gear list:ric63's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G +8 more
66GTO Veteran Member • Posts: 3,194

Elliot, I like them all, but especially the first one at the top of the post. Well done!

-- hide signature --

Crazy old man! Slow down. You are way too old to be
hunting hemi's in that 66GTO.

66GTO's gear list:66GTO's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 Nikon Df +1 more
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 16,650

66GTO wrote:

Elliot, I like them all, but especially the first one at the top of the post. Well done!

thanks, that's my favorite too, but, #3, the specks in the path, only I know that's Cooper and Donna, so it is special to me for that reason.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1 Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads