Started Oct 14, 2015 | Discussions
stardotstar Veteran Member • Posts: 4,159
Microsoft changes free upgrade rules
ff2000 New Member • Posts: 7
Re: Microsoft changes free upgrade rules

Thanks for the link.

Skipper494 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,264

Yeah! Windows 10 is free. How much per year?

Archer66 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,835

Skipper494 wrote:

Yeah! Windows 10 is free. How much per year?

Special offer just for you, $2000.

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 14,338

stardotstar wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/10/13/microsoft-windows-10-new-upgrade-rules/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

I think this will make it great for clean installers!

Yes, it will.

By the way, does anyone know how often MS will update the Win 10 ISO's downloaded/created using the Media Creation Tool? In other words, if I create a new ISO nine months from now and install it, will I still have to wait while the system installs a full years worth of Windows Updates?

AwkwardSwine Contributing Member • Posts: 747

The media download image has already been updated a couple of times, so I assume it will be again periodically. If you are following the Insider program, there are active updates going out now with a fall "update" expected.

malch wrote:

stardotstar wrote:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/10/13/microsoft-windows-10-new-upgrade-rules/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

I think this will make it great for clean installers!

Yes, it will.

By the way, does anyone know how often MS will update the Win 10 ISO's downloaded/created using the Media Creation Tool? In other words, if I create a new ISO nine months from now and install it, will I still have to wait while the system installs a full years worth of Windows Updates?

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 14,338

AwkwardSwine wrote:

The media download image has already been updated a couple of times, so I assume it will be again periodically.

Interesting. Thank you for the info.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads