NX1 Dead pixel? See pic

Started Oct 9, 2015 | Discussions
Dmpreciado Regular Member • Posts: 195
NX1 Dead pixel? See pic

So I've only had this camera for oh say 4-6 months and I have 2 blue dots on my shots and still transfers over to my computer when editing. I know I'm going to eventually get dead pixels but is it normal this early into owning one? Or is this something else

Samsung NX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP Dmpreciado Regular Member • Posts: 195
Re: NX1 Dead pixel? See pic

So I've been doing research and it's called a stuck pixel. I'll be doing some work on my camera when I get home to see if I can fix it myself but I was wondering if anyone else has come across this and if and how they fixed it.

otto k Senior Member • Posts: 2,110

Yep, stuck pixel. Some claim that if it appeared recently can be cured by gently massaging with pointy but not sharp object (don't scratch the display). I think this only might work with displays that have plastic to layer, not sure about nx1.

If it's single pixel, it is not even enough for warranty (IIRC) so I would ignore it.

otto k's gear list:otto k's gear list
Samsung NX1000 Canon EOS 600D Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
headroom
headroom Regular Member • Posts: 484

If it is the Sensor not the AMOLED - ont touch it. It could be  mapped out from the factory & sometimes with software of the camera:

http://www.howtogeek.com/194866/how-to-identify-stuck-pixels-and-remove-them-from-your-digital-photos/

headroom's gear list:headroom's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX1 Canon EOS 7D Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom +33 more

Please disregard my previous post, it's AMOLED, so completely different.

Samsung NX1000 Canon EOS 600D Samsung NX500 Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
headroom

otto k wrote:

Very funny? and still transfers over to my computer when editing.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Samsung NX500 Samsung NX1 Canon EOS 7D Samsung 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 power zoom +33 more

otto k wrote:

Very funny? and still transfers over to my computer when editing.

Sorry I forgot to mention it's a stuck pixel on my sensor. That's why it transfers onto my computer when editing. I have 2 that are fairly spaced out from each other

Reading fail on my side Sorry (completely missed the part about the sensor)

ChimPanzer Regular Member • Posts: 307

Do not panic. You got 28 million pixels and only 2 failed. That is a very good ratio! Accept the rough with the smooth.

Do not panic. You got 28 million pixels and only 2 failed. That is a very good ratio! Accept the rough with the smooth.

UPDATE!!!!! (A positive one)

Not to fret. I just got home from my 12 hour work shift from the hospital and tried the sensor clean trick I found on Google and it worked! No more stuck pixels! 😊😀😃😄😍😛😌 as you can tell by the excessive amounts of emojis I'm very happy about this.

STexan Contributing Member • Posts: 650

It might be helpful if you can perhaps share the link to the solution that worked for you.  I'm sure there are hundreds of links to "tips" but only a handful might work or otherwise not render your camera useless.

-- hide signature --

Robert K

STexan's gear list:STexan's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S +2 more

If it is the Sensor not the AMOLED - ont touch it. It could be  mapped out from the factory & sometimes with software of the camera:

http://www.howtogeek.com/194866/how-to-identify-stuck-pixels-and-remove-them-from-your-digital-photos/

This link. I had found it before the person posted it. Just place the camera upright and run sensor clean multiple times but cancel the process at various stages without completing. Then do it again with the camera sensor facing up and repeat. Then for kicks I just ran a complete one. Repeat til stuck pixels disappear.

headroom

Dmpreciado wrote:

If it is the Sensor not the AMOLED - ont touch it. It could be mapped out from the factory & sometimes with software of the camera:

This link. I had found it before the person posted it. Just place the camera upright and run sensor clean multiple times but cancel the process at various stages without completing. Then do it again with the camera sensor facing up and repeat. Then for kicks I just ran a complete one. Repeat til stuck pixels disappear.

Glad that I could help and it's ok now!

IamOUI Forum Member • Posts: 88

What sensor clean method did you use? I have two stuck pixels on my nx1, as well.

Thanks

What sensor clean method did you use? I have two stuck pixels on my nx1, as well.

Thanks

Click the link someone provided. You're just running the sensor clean function in the settings multiple times some while cancelling and some letting them run the entire way

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads