Lumix g7 recording time

Started Sep 10, 2015 | Discussions
incanus New Member • Posts: 4
Lumix g7 recording time

On panasonics website it says that recording limit for g7 is 29:59 or 4gb file, so does it stop after 4gb when in FHD mode or makes new file and continues to 23:59?

On 4k it is making new file every 4gb, but FHD is unclear to me

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Spectre38
Spectre38 Regular Member • Posts: 466
Re: Lumix g7 recording time

Ive never needed to record that long but my G6 AVCHD is unlimited but MP4 is limited. I hear in Europe AVCHD is limited.

Spectre38's gear list:Spectre38's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art +4 more
OP incanus New Member • Posts: 4

Well I will need few times recording up to 1h (lectures), so I can record it in two 29.59 pieces, if it is recording 29:59 in full hd, 50fps, avchd

doccy Regular Member • Posts: 359

Yeah - shame it will cause a blip in the middle of your video.

There is a solution if you want to go down this road - Vitaly seems to have hacked a selection of G7s that he is selling on his website with confirmed unlimited recording (in NTSC mode).

Don't know how he did it - but they are confirmed to work...

http://www.personal-view.com/deals/cameras/panasonic#panasonic-g7

-- hide signature --
MrWalrusGumboot Regular Member • Posts: 286

Yeah - shame it will cause a blip in the middle of your video.

There is a solution if you want to go down this road - Vitaly seems to have hacked a selection of G7s that he is selling on his website with confirmed unlimited recording (in NTSC mode).

Don't know how he did it - but they are confirmed to work...

http://www.personal-view.com/deals/cameras/panasonic#panasonic-g7

Australian version in MP4 Full HD will continue to record for the hour no problem.
In 4k it has a 29.59 limit.
--
Let the light guide you...

MrWalrusGumboot's gear list:MrWalrusGumboot's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads