6D II specs

Started Sep 9, 2015 | Discussions
Onysouc New Member • Posts: 1
6D II specs

I learnt this info from a trusted source:

Canon EOS 6D Mark II will be announced Q1 2016.

24 megapixels

About 1.4x better ISO performance than 6D Classic.

Low-light autofocus (centre point) at -5 EV

Canon engineers test two different AF systems for the 6DII, still nobody knows which one will make it to the final product, both feature more AF points than 6D Classic.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Wireless battery charging with the Qi standard

Internally Canon switches from VxWorks to an Android-based embedded OS, 6D Mark II will be the first Android-based camera from Canon.

Dual-pixel autofocus technology

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Will ship in a new box design in gold colour.

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
lightmatters New Member • Posts: 23
Re: 6D II specs

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

Canon engineers test two different AF systems for the 6DII, still nobody knows which one will make it to the final product, both feature more AF points than 6D Classic.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Internally Canon switches from VxWorks to an Android-based embedded OS, 6D Mark II will be the first Android-based camera from Canon.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

It seems to be a decent update over current 6D model. Now where's MichaelVadon? I need his confirmation over this rumor.

lightmatters's gear list:lightmatters's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T10 Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
glokenpop
glokenpop Regular Member • Posts: 435

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Seems unlikely to me. I would expect a proper 5DIII replacement or 1D replacement before the 6D. The 1.4 better ISO seems optimistic as well.

I'll be happy to be wrong, I'd get one barring a 5DIV appearing before then.

glokenpop's gear list:glokenpop's gear list
Canon PowerShot A710 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-PM2 +5 more
aftab
aftab Forum Pro • Posts: 10,420

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

Sounds right. 5D4 will have a little more.

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

What are the advantages/disadvantages between VxWorks vs Android?

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

That would be huge for many.

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

This last piece is making me think the info could be genuine.

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon G1 X II Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 +25 more
aftab

lightmatters wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

It seems to be a decent update over current 6D model. Now where's MichaelVadon? I need his confirmation over this rumor.

True. Unless of course the OP and MV are .................. No, I shouldn't say that.

Canon G1 X II Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 +25 more
brightcolours Forum Pro • Posts: 15,883
Funny.

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

Hmmhmm, sounds legit. 

Funny how they are not sure which AF system to use, but that the rediculous -5 EV spec is known.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Internally Canon switches from VxWorks

Sure. Only Canon is not using VxWorks in DSLRs anymore for a long time. Last one was the 450D/XSi. Nice reliable source.

to an Android-based embedded OS, 6D Mark II will be the first Android-based camera from Canon.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Funny.

aftab wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

VxWorks is not what Canon uses. VxWorks is a fast, compact embedded systems OS. Canon uses DryOS by the way (more modern, also a focussed embedded system OS developed by Canon). Android is slow, needs lots of processing power, will use much more energy and space and would be a very weird choice for a serious, focussed photography tool.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Yeah, especially since gold is the colour that Nikon uses! Very "genuine". Canon only recently made the switch from white with red and black boxes to silver boxes. BS meter going nuts here.

aftab

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

VxWorks is not what Canon uses. VxWorks is a fast, compact embedded systems OS. Canon uses DryOS by the way (more modern, also a focussed embedded system OS). Android is slow, needs lots of processing power, will use much more energy and space and would be a very weird choice for a serious, focussed photography tool.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Yeah, especially since gold is the colour that Nikon uses! Very "genuine". Canon only recently made the switch from white with red and black boxes to silver boxes. BS meter going nuts here.

Oops.

No offence to Nikon shooters. But that box saqs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aftab/

aftab wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

VxWorks is not what Canon uses. VxWorks is a fast, compact embedded systems OS. Canon uses DryOS by the way (more modern, also a focussed embedded system OS). Android is slow, needs lots of processing power, will use much more energy and space and would be a very weird choice for a serious, focussed photography tool.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Oops.

It does. Nikon has been using gold boxes since forever. They did not always use that hoorid yellow logo though. This was from the 1967-1975 Nikkormat FTn:

Safe to say that this 1 post account with "trusted source" is just doing an experiment with seeing how silly rumors spread. Silly made up "rumor"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aftab/

aftab

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Oops.

It does. Nikon has been using gold boxes since forever. They did not always use that hoorid yellow logo though. This was from the 1967-1975 Nikkormat FTn:

Safe to say that this 1 post account with "trusted source" is just doing an experiment with seeing how silly rumors spread. Silly made up "rumor"

But did you notice that Canon is leaning towards gold a bit with their 5Ds (lettering)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119026-REG/canon_0581c002_eos_5ds_dslr_camera.html

and its box?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/5ds.htm

Magnus Fröderberg Regular Member • Posts: 218
1/3 stop lower noise - not 1,5 stops

The 1.4 better ISO seems optimistic as well.

I think 40 % increase (1/3 stop) is realistic. (1,4x = 40 % = 1/3 stop)

Above 0,5 stop would not be so realistic because the maximum efficiency is then reached.

-- hide signature --

Magnus Fröderberg
Photojournalist
www.froderberg.com

Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,065
Re: 6D II specs - posted by a new member?

Howdy! We welcome new members! Without your having an established posting history, however, please do forgive us for being skeptical of the information, even though it came from a "trusted" source.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +56 more
dpr4bb Senior Member • Posts: 1,411

aftab wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Oops.

But did you notice that Canon is leaning towards gold a bit with their 5Ds (lettering)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119026-REG/canon_0581c002_eos_5ds_dslr_camera.html

and its box?

Whoops!

Dustonian Regular Member • Posts: 134

Swivel touch screen lcd on a FF camera...

Take my money.

yehudakgtbnet Senior Member • Posts: 2,118
... and onboard flash too.

Dustonian wrote:

Swivel touch screen lcd on a FF camera...

Take my money.

yehudakgtbnet's gear list:yehudakgtbnet's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM

dpr4bb wrote:

aftab wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

brightcolours wrote:

aftab wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

24 megapixels

That would be amazing.

WiFi with NFC and GPS

Given.

Interesting.

Touchscreen

Swivel LCD a-la-70D

Anti-flicker a-la-7DII

Oops.

and its box?

Whoops!

That is not gold. Leaning to gold a bit is usually called champagne coloured or other exotic naming....

virgil1612 Regular Member • Posts: 478
Re: 1/3 stop lower noise - not 1,5 stops

Magnus Fröderberg wrote:

The 1.4 better ISO seems optimistic as well.

I think 40 % increase (1/3 stop) is realistic. (1,4x = 40 % = 1/3 stop)

Above 0,5 stop would not be so realistic because the maximum efficiency is then reached.

1/3 stop seems doable. I initially thought the OP meant 1.4 stops, which, in raw, would be highly unlikely.

virgil1612's gear list:virgil1612's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,521

Onysouc wrote:

that honestly doesn't make much sense.

you already got roasted on this. even though switching to an open source OS such as Andriod would be a game changer.

Could android process quickly enough? well it's only 24Mp and snapdragon has a huge amount of processing capability .. could happen.

imagine being able to load open source apps on the phone? perhaps interface in with the camera itself? lovely.

however I doubt we see this on a 6D - but it would be interesting to say the least.

cute rumor though!

andyyau Contributing Member • Posts: 642

rrccad wrote:

Onysouc wrote:

that honestly doesn't make much sense.

you already got roasted on this. even though switching to an open source OS such as Andriod would be a game changer.

Could android process quickly enough? well it's only 24Mp and snapdragon has a huge amount of processing capability .. could happen.

imagine being able to load open source apps on the phone? perhaps interface in with the camera itself? lovely.

however I doubt we see this on a 6D - but it would be interesting to say the least.

cute rumor though!

I start to believe this is fake. Android uses VM to run. It is slower than running with native codes and use more battery.

And how long to boot up the 6D2 after inserting the battery? So... lol

RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,359
LOL!

Your friend in Antarctica tell you this?  Or are you michaelvardon's new account?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads