Attaching Camranger to Nikon D4/D4S (or D800/810)

Started Aug 23, 2015 | Discussions
User1806603516 New Member • Posts: 3
Attaching Camranger to Nikon D4/D4S (or D800/810)

So after getting my Camranger working on my Nikon D4, I wanted to find a way to be able to be "basically wireless" without using an adapter on my shoe mount. - I am using Profoto Air Remote TTL-N so I don't want anything large or heavy on the shoe mount. SO....here is my solution. - I picked up the Awesome Magmod kit and it just so happens to come with a rubber Transmitter Band. Since I use the MinTT1 and FlexTT5 I really have not use when I am using Speed Lights for the Transmitter Band. (You could use any type of band actually but this just so happens to fit the Camranger nicely (and snug for that matter).

I bought a Rerii 25cm Length Right Angle Mini USB cable to attache to my Nikon D4. I have been using the Really Right Stuff BD4-L L-Plate for a while now and you can leave a SLIGHT bit of room as shown in the pics between the plate and the side of the camera and still have a very tight and rock solid Arca Swiss Attachment to the tripod (also gives more of a grip for shooting as well as a way for me to use the Cotton Carrier Hand Strap). Although the camranger and l bracket and hand strap are pretty light by themselves it really only adds a little bit of weight to a FANTASTIC all in one wireless system for tethering to computers, to iPads and keeping it mobile and very compact. Also i use the Spider Pro holster system every once in a while and this will not interfere with the adapter or the side area of the holster.

I rarely post anything but i have not seen this anywhere on the net so I thought I might share to help those looking for a way to put something like this together.

the transmitter rubber has TWO rings...one is large (around camranger) and the other is just loose on its own. - also the right angle usb cord goes UP not down (have not found one that goes down instead)

Very compact on the left side of the camera and does not interfere with anything.

Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Lil g
Lil g Contributing Member • Posts: 547
Re: Attaching Camranger to Nikon D4/D4S (or D800/810)

Great idea.

Lil g's gear list:Lil g's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads