A Great tool

Started Jul 11, 2015 | User reviews
Fox328 Senior Member • Posts: 1,597
A Great tool

After a long debate, Olympus was leaving the fourthirds platform in favor of the micro-fourthirds platform at that time, i bought the E-620 in 2010.

I think it's a fine camera with at that time groundbreaking technology like the sensor cleaner, build in stabilisation, articulated screen, build in filters, buttons that light up, micro AF-adjustment, good DR, multiple exposure even after taken the pictures within the camera, Pixelmapping etc. build in a compact design.

I've used it to photograph sports, landscapes, portraits, macro and children. The AF is the weakest point of this camera and the noise reduction could be better but luckily the post processing software has become better in the mean time. I always shoot jpeg and RAW. For sports (inline and speedskating) i sometimes have to work around the AF (prefocus manually and wait for the moment) but it works most of the time. For all the other purposes the camera behaves great. I love the feeling of the build quality and hope to use this camera for a very long time.

Fox328's gear list:Fox328's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus E-400 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +7 more
Olympus E-620 (EVOLT E-620)
12 megapixels • 2.7 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Feb 24, 2009
Fox328's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent