Back to 1.22

Started May 22, 2015 | Discussions
mdavidp Senior Member • Posts: 1,897
Back to 1.22

I updated firmware to 1.30 like most of you.

I was testing my 16-50mm. PZ and found the nx1 would not focus in the daytime at 50mm.

I was shocked. I never had a focus problem in Any light with any lens.

I went to re-install 1.30, but inadvertently out the card with the earlier 1.22 in.

It asked if I wanted to update and I said yes.

So, I'm back to 1.22.

This is the first time a camera manufacturer has allowed a former update to be installed.

I believe.

Mike P

mdavidp's gear list:mdavidp's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma dp1 Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro +7 more
Samsung NX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Daniel1977
Daniel1977 Senior Member • Posts: 1,012
Re: Back to 1.22

I confirm it's possible.

-- hide signature --

NX1 + lenses and Galaxy S5
All of my works: http://www.flickr.com/photos/didmyself/
or www.danielkulinski.pl

Daniel1977's gear list:Daniel1977's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +5 more
Raymond Bradlau
Raymond Bradlau Veteran Member • Posts: 5,721

mdavidp wrote:

I updated firmware to 1.30 like most of you.

I was testing my 16-50mm. PZ and found the nx1 would not focus in the daytime at 50mm.

I was shocked. I never had a focus problem in Any light with any lens.

I went to re-install 1.30, but inadvertently out the card with the earlier 1.22 in.

It asked if I wanted to update and I said yes.

So, I'm back to 1.22.

This is the first time a camera manufacturer has allowed a former update to be installed.

I believe.

Mike P

Stinks the new firmware isn't working for you but really good news Samsung lets you go back, I have missed out on several cameras new features just out of fear it might change something I really need

-- hide signature --
 Raymond Bradlau's gear list:Raymond Bradlau's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +9 more
STexan Contributing Member • Posts: 641

I guess that is good use for those, small SD cards we have laying around ... put current copies of firmware on them (and label them), then put them away in case you need them months later after the next update gets published that you don't like, at least you have a fall-back position.

-- hide signature --

Robert K

STexan's gear list:STexan's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S +2 more
Annom Forum Member • Posts: 50

The real question is did it resolve the focus issue?

Annom's gear list:Annom's gear list
Nikon Df Samsung NX1 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +4 more
mdavidp OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,897

Yes, but I will give the 1.30 another try.

Mike P

mdavidp's gear list:mdavidp's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma dp1 Quattro Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro +7 more
User1681358933 Junior Member • Posts: 39

good to know that we can revert ! But i have the NX1 and PZ too and have no focus issues at all .. on the contrary its much much better now in lowlight.. and basically instant focus in daylight..tested with SAF mode... 
i wonder what the problem was..is..

User1681358933's gear list:User1681358933's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA Samsung NX 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 ED OIS Samsung NX 12-24mm F4-5.6 ED +3 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192

I am sure I have come across cameras before with the ability to rollback updates. It is a welcome step though and probably easier for the manufacturer if they inadvertently drop a really horrific bug in to an update.

mdavidp wrote:

I believe.

Mike P

STexan Contributing Member • Posts: 641

Greynerd wrote:

I am sure I have come across cameras before with the ability to rollback updates. It is a welcome step though and probably easier for the manufacturer if they inadvertently drop a really horrific bug in to an update.

mdavidp wrote:

I believe.

Mike P

Yes, but as is the case here, the manufacturer providing the update puts the job on the device owner to save previous updates to roll back to in the event of serious issues.  You can not find any older version updates on Samsung's website.  Few even provide instructions or routines any more to backup a camera and current firmware in the event of an update failure with new firmware, and that seems like bad business.

-- hide signature --

Robert K

STexan's gear list:STexan's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads