Sony DSC RX100 BC-TRX battery charger

Started Mar 29, 2015 | Discussions
dp62 Regular Member • Posts: 106
Sony DSC RX100 BC-TRX battery charger

Out of curiosity: wonder whether the BC-TRX adapter can be plugged into 220V wall-socket (type F, Western Europe) or whether a cable has to be used.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 46,110
Re: Sony DSC RX100 BC-TRX battery charger

dp62 wrote:

Out of curiosity: wonder whether the BC-TRX adapter can be plugged into 220V wall-socket (type F, Western Europe) or whether a cable has to be used.

paste link to it

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
OP dp62 Regular Member • Posts: 106

What link?

Bill Borne

dp62 wrote:

What link?

the address of the webpage where the item is for sale

-- hide signature --
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Bill Borne

dp62 wrote:

looks like this one should work

http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100M3-HDR-AS100VR/dp/B008SFPMRK/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427643125&sr=1-3&keywords=Sony+DSC+RX100+battery+charger

Mini rapid AC charger features a fold-out US plug, 110-240V input voltage, car charging adapter, and European plug

-- hide signature --
terrylau Regular Member • Posts: 434

Bill Borne wrote:

dp62 wrote:

paste link to it

The original charger from Sony  do not have a plug integrated into the unit so you need to use a cable and one suitable for your area will be included .You need to get a separate one for other countries or use a adapter plug

terrylau

terrylau's gear list:terrylau's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a6000 +2 more

Thanks a lot.

I found a YouTube clip on this charger. It shows it doesn't have the pins.

That said, I also just noticed a video on the Sony Battery Charger ACC-TRDCX BX1, which comes with an additional battery.

Maybe it is just better to buy that one...

Thanks for the feedbacks here.

=

guydr
guydr Contributing Member • Posts: 820

Hi, mine came with that, I live in the EU

Grtz Guy

guydr's gear list:guydr's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 Panasonic FZ1000 Canon G3 X Canon G7 X II +19 more

thanks guydr!

all clear.

=

DaveOl
DaveOl Veteran Member • Posts: 3,313

I pulled my BC -TRX Sony Charger out of the box and there is printing on the charger that says 100V-240V at 50hz/60hz.  You may need an adapter for the plug as different countries use different shaped plugs.  Hotels should have them to lend out if you are staying at a hotel and can not find an adapter before you leave.  Good luck.  I bought the charger and extra battery from B&H a few months ago for about $ 45 or so.  I didn't want to buy one from another company that was a third party brand for $ 15 or so less.

DaveOl's gear list:DaveOl's gear list
Nikon D300S Fujifilm X-E2S
PaulBG Forum Member • Posts: 67

Yes, it works quite well on any European 220 volt system.  I have the version with the pull out prongs for operation in the US.  Just slip the prongs into the correct adapter for whatever country you're visiting and it works A-OK. I used mine in England, Germany, Poland, Austria and Hungary with no problem.

The only problem with the BC-TRX charger is inserting the battery correctly. It's designed for several battery types and so the NP-BX1 fits a little to the left with the "X" facing up when the flip over cradle shows X.  If the little amber light blinks after plugging it in, start over again. The amber light should stay on without blinking and after several minutes the first of three green LEDs will illuminate.

Make sure also that the Battery Charge / USB Power switch is in the UP position for charging... it won't charge the battery otherwise.

Regards
Paul B-G
Piedmont, CA

PaulBG's gear list:PaulBG's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Thank you Paul for your elaborate feedback!

Much appreciated.

=

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads