Warning for photographers!! (especially EVF users)

Started Mar 24, 2015 | Discussions
Vegetable Police
OP Vegetable Police Regular Member • Posts: 287
Re: You're absolutely right!

I took the conventional approach and was on medication for 6 years!  That almost killed me.  Following the unconventional method is what got me well.  Not everyone is open to following a different path than the mainstream one.  It's a risk, but it payed off for me, and I'm grateful everyday for it

-- hide signature --

Eat your fruits and vegetables!

Vegetable Police's gear list:Vegetable Police's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic G85 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Type II
Omexis Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Re: Warning for photographers!! (especially EVF users)

Where is your proof that this "Electromagnetic radiation" is harmful??

-- hide signature --
 Omexis's gear list:Omexis's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Vegetable Police
Re: You're absolutely right!

I'm just replying to people.  I didn't read your second paragraph as it started off with the same negative stuff you've been repeating over and over again.

-- hide signature --

Vegetable Police

Don't have any.  Where's your proof that it isn't?  It's just a suggestion to consider my friend.  One factor to pay attention to if you care about your health.  The fact that it could be harmful is enough to warrant more research.  I've posted several studies in this thread already, I can't keep up with the comments lol.

-- hide signature --

Vegetable Police
Re: Time for another post?

If you think I wanted to drive a bunch of negative close minded people to give my videos a thumbs down you are crazy lol.  And what on earth would post count on this site do for me?  I ask beginner camera questions here, and would only look dumber by having a larger post count lol.

I knew the response would be negative, but the attacks are interesting.  I'm amazed that people keep trying to "figure me out" or figure out my approach or my agenda.  I stumbled upon EMF's potentially being harmful, bought a gauss meter to see what was emitting EMF's in my home, and now that I make youtube videos, I wanted to share my findings with people to help them get healthy.  That's all there is to it.  EMF's are potentially harmful, and I wanted to share that with people.

-- hide signature --

n3eg
n3eg Veteran Member • Posts: 3,217

Vegetable Police wrote:

I know this won't be a very popular video here. I'm not here to change your opinion. I just want to bring awareness to the potential danger of using cameras for those who didn't know, especially those who use the EVF and hold the camera right up to their face.

These are very powerful little computers, and if you weren't aware of this issue, now you are and I'm sorry lol. If you don't believe it has any effect, then by all means continue on as you were. I just want to get this info out there so you have a choice and can decide whether or not it may be a problem for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_s4XeihAo

Before you dismiss the idea, ask yourself how many photographers out there that you know or have seen need eye glasses? Especially those who use EVF's frequently. Just a coincidence? Whenever I hear someone complain about a new camera being released that has no EVF, I cringe a little inside. I'm only looking out for your safety with this video my friend.

Take care!

Good grief.  This is so ridiculous, it's not even going to make my list of why I hate viewfinders.

The list currently has 18 real reasons, and this one won't even be a footnote.

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Kodak DCS Pro 14n Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Kodak Pixpro S-1 Olympus E-M5 III +70 more
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,468

n3eg wrote:

Vegetable Police wrote:

I know this won't be a very popular video here. I'm not here to change your opinion. I just want to bring awareness to the potential danger of using cameras for those who didn't know, especially those who use the EVF and hold the camera right up to their face.

These are very powerful little computers, and if you weren't aware of this issue, now you are and I'm sorry lol. If you don't believe it has any effect, then by all means continue on as you were. I just want to get this info out there so you have a choice and can decide whether or not it may be a problem for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_s4XeihAo

Before you dismiss the idea, ask yourself how many photographers out there that you know or have seen need eye glasses? Especially those who use EVF's frequently. Just a coincidence? Whenever I hear someone complain about a new camera being released that has no EVF, I cringe a little inside. I'm only looking out for your safety with this video my friend.

Take care!

Good grief. This is so ridiculous, it's not even going to make my list of why I hate viewfinders.

The list currently has 18 real reasons, and this one won't even be a footnote.

Veg is a good guy, cut him some slack.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Vegetable Police

Thanks bro   That was a painful couple of days lol.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads