Limburger
Limburger Veteran Member • Posts: 7,841
Re: X-Pro1 for Street Photography?

Sounds like a lot of fun to me

Congrats.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Sony a7 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM +3 more
evoprox
evoprox Senior Member • Posts: 1,567

Jaakko wrote:

Brand new X-Pro1 with XF-18mm available in Finland from reputable dealer for 849 euros. Still worth buying for that price?

Hell, yeah. The cheapest price I've seen over here for the same kit used was about 100€ less, no big thing. Just make sure it's your thing. The XP1 comes with a different set of challenges than other snappers, especially if you shoot RAW and/or do large prints.

Ken

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 11,493

Awesome, update that firmware.

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
regos
regos Regular Member • Posts: 347

It's as close to the feel of a classic "real" camera as you can find today.

regos's gear list:regos's gear list
Nikon Df Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
mr moonlight Senior Member • Posts: 1,789

regos wrote:

I must respectfully disagree. Having both an XP1 and an X100T, I'd say the X100T is as close as you can get by a very small margin ;P

Either way, the OP has got an excellent camera.

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,084

mr moonlight wrote:

regos wrote:

I must respectfully disagree. Having both an XP1 and an X100T, I'd say the X100T is as close as you can get by a very small margin ;P

Either way, the OP has got an excellent camera.

+1.  I dont have a T but I have an S, and for me it's leagues above the XP1 for street, just a stealthier lighter lower-key camera in general.  And I learned film photography 40 years ago with a 35mm prime so that ffl doesnt faze me at all..  love it

-- hide signature --
oliverst Junior Member • Posts: 33

Jaakko wrote:

Brand new X-Pro1 with XF-18mm available in Finland from reputable dealer for 849 euros. Still worth buying for that price?

Buy it like me at amazon.co.uk and you will get 2 lenses for almost same price. Unfurtunately currently the euro is bad.

oliverst's gear list:oliverst's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
Jaakko Forum Member • Posts: 62

Yes, that is a great deal and I indeed saw it at amazon.co.uk.

However, as I already have the 27mm, I have been looking for bundles with 35 mm or 18 mm.

DarnGoodPhotos Forum Pro • Posts: 11,493

Sell the 27 and put the money towards the 35.

DarnGoodPhotos's gear list:DarnGoodPhotos's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
FBoneOne Contributing Member • Posts: 597
Re: X-Pro1 w 18mm & 35mm

Nice! First one is a classic.

FBoneOne's gear list:FBoneOne's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +11 more
CaptD Senior Member • Posts: 2,391

Yeah I love seeing that. Looks like homemade bellows with that floral print. Kinda flimsy tripod with a serious head. Cool. I'm a little envious and appreciative of anyone actually out shooting an 8x10 these days.

Thanks for sharing that.

I agree with the 35 (50) focal length - the most versatile lens in the bag by far.

d

-- hide signature --
 CaptD's gear list:CaptD's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon Z7
evoprox
evoprox Senior Member • Posts: 1,567

My most versatile lens out there is my 1855. I have an excellent copy and it's fast enough for most situations. I think of it and shoot it like a 18-23-27-35-55, mostly @ 23mm. Gotta travel light, just a sniper strap, no bag.

evoprox's gear list:evoprox's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
John Pennington Senior Member • Posts: 1,017

Bjrn SWE wrote:

I think the X-Pro1 is/ will be/ a classic and keep some value over time. Much more so than the XE1/ XE2/ X-A1/ X-M1.

The best thing about the X-A1 is you can get one for about a hundred quid. Can't lose much on that purchase!

John Pennington's gear list:John Pennington's gear list
Apple iPhone XS Max
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads