Photoshop/Lightroom Pattern Noise Issue

Started Jan 30, 2015 | Discussions
theSNEW New Member • Posts: 13
Photoshop/Lightroom Pattern Noise Issue

Hi,

I'm having an issue with photoshop (cs6) and lightroom (5.7) whereby pattern noise which is not in the original image file becomes apparent. i assumed it was a resizing issue but the bottom image shows that not to be true. is this a bug? any ideas on how to avoid it?

RAW edit in Lightroom, Exported to Photoshop - see grid pattern faintly (more noticeable in the sky)

RAW edit in Lightroom, Exported to Photoshop - gain brought up to show grid noise pattern all over image

Exported directly out of Lightroom - gain brought up to show no pattern in the noise

KBKB Senior Member • Posts: 2,909
Re: Photoshop/Lightroom Pattern Noise Issue

Do you see this behavior with all photos?

I think I've seen this before with underexposed photos or areas of shadow which were lightened excessively.

KBKB's gear list:KBKB's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7R II Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +5 more
nand
nand Veteran Member • Posts: 3,322
Re: Photoshop/Lightroom Pattern Noise Issue

The above is a random shot with the lens cap on and processed in Lightroom. This is not a picture of the bottom of the lens cap. It is electronic noise from the sensor and associated circuitry. This would never be visible in a properly exposed and processed picture. The pattern that is seen here is likely a characteristic of the sensors design. Some things are and should stay hidden.

Nand.

nand's gear list:nand's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads