Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

Started Jan 29, 2015 | Questions
Any news about release date New Member • Posts: 4
Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

I would like to buy new camera soon. But I don't want to wait for 6 months. Any idea when new 6D mark ii will be release? Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Rick Knepper
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 17,298
Sorry no.

The 6D2 will be at least another year. Heck, according to this article, the 6D has not sold well so it may not come at all.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/10/eos-6d-mark-ii-to-move-upmarket-cr1/

Any news about release date wrote:

I would like to buy new camera soon. But I don't want to wait for 6 months. Any idea when new 6D mark ii will be release? Thanks

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Mystery Gardner: "Rick, you have a passion for photography but not a position. That's a good thing." Based on 2014 keepers, I shot the following percentages: 5D3=42%, D800=31%, 6D=25% & D3x=2%. Various RAW comparisons at Link below. Includes 5D3 vs D800E (new uploads), 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

 Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 +9 more
OP Any news about release date New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Sorry no.

Rick Knepper wrote:

The 6D2 will be at least another year. Heck, according to this article, the 6D has not sold well so it may not come at all.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/10/eos-6d-mark-ii-to-move-upmarket-cr1/

Any news about release date wrote:

I would like to buy new camera soon. But I don't want to wait for 6 months. Any idea when new 6D mark ii will be release? Thanks

OK. Thank you. So it's not worthy to wait. I'll probably buy 6D for now.  

schmegg Veteran Member • Posts: 5,768
Re: Sorry no.

Any news about release date wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

The 6D2 will be at least another year. Heck, according to this article, the 6D has not sold well so it may not come at all.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/10/eos-6d-mark-ii-to-move-upmarket-cr1/

Any news about release date wrote:

I would like to buy new camera soon. But I don't want to wait for 6 months. Any idea when new 6D mark ii will be release? Thanks

OK. Thank you. So it's not worthy to wait. I'll probably buy 6D for now.

No offense intended to Rick here, but he doesn't know any more than Canon rumours or anyone else outside the inner sanctum at Canon. And they aren't talking - and never have.

Having said that, I agree with Rick that's it's probably not going to be soon. But it's hard to say because the 6D is sort-of a new line - and it will possibly get more frequent updates than the 5D line .. perhaps.

I've always been one for just getting what is available when you are in the market - unless the new model has already been announced, by Canon, as being imminent.

Really, you'll love the 6D - it's a great camera and makes lovely images with the right biology attached.

Get one and get on with the fun of photography. It won't be any worse a camera (despite what you'll read here) once the 6D2 is released.

victorian squid
victorian squid Veteran Member • Posts: 3,391
I know!
5

Longer than any time really soon.

What a great time to buy a 6D. The prices are insanely low.

If you scroll down, you'll see this question about every 10 or 12 threads, I swear.

Here, take a look at the timeline of EOS cameras. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras You'll see if anything is up for a new version, it's the 5D mkIII. Of course, different bodies have shorter or longer timelines. But still.

If Canon announced a 6D MkII tomorrow, you wouldn't see it for months. First after the announcement, they usually say "available Q3 2015". So you wait until spring or fall. Then, you pre-order when the stores get news of delivery dates. Then you wait a few weeks. Then you get it, for top dollar. Absolute tip-top peak MSRP. You race to DP Forum and say "I got it, I got it! Nyah, nyah!" And sit back and feel good about yourself. Then, if you're very very lucky, there are no bugs that require a firmware update. I'm reminded of the 7D ghosting, or the 5D MkII black spot problem.

Nope, I'd get the 6D at the insanely low prices - probably at least a full $1000 less than the next one will be. Plus, they're offering the 24-105 and even Pixma Pro 100 printer with it for a few dollars more.

That extra grand would help pay for, oh I don't know. A Sigma 50/1.4 Art? EF 100/2.8L IS? EF 16-35/4L IS? A 600EX-RT and a lot of beer and pizza?

 victorian squid's gear list:victorian squid's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +37 more
ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,041
Re: Sorry no.

Entry level FF coming, with new 5DS as suggested rumor control.    

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
- Peter Adams
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams.

 ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sigma 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +8 more
TyphoonTW
TyphoonTW Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Re: I know!
1

victorian squid wrote:

What a great time to buy a 6D. The prices are insanely low.

Agree 100%, at the current price it's an amazing bargain and that's the reason why I got one. It's far from perfect (*cough* Af points *cough*) but especially for people who don't plan to shoot sports all the time it's just the best value FF dslr camera on the market.

-- hide signature --

This is where I write stuff: http://randomibis.wordpress.com/
This is where I upload stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/107755637@N06/
http://500px.com/Ibis-2k12
This is my stuff: Canon 6D - Canon 50mm f1.8 - 24-105mm F4 L - Canon 17-40mm f4 L - EOS-M - Canon 22mm f2.0

 TyphoonTW's gear list:TyphoonTW's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 37,041
Re: I know!

I agree had mine since it came ou,t the IQ seems better than my 5D MK3 but only a gnats whisker.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
- Peter Adams
You don't take a photograph, you make it. - Ansel Adams.

 ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sigma 300-800mm F5.6 EX DG HSM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +8 more
technic Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
Re: I know!
1

TyphoonTW wrote:

victorian squid wrote:

What a great time to buy a 6D. The prices are insanely low.

Agree 100%, at the current price it's an amazing bargain and that's the reason why I got one. It's far from perfect (*cough* Af points *cough*) but especially for people who don't plan to shoot sports all the time it's just the best value FF dslr camera on the market.

Not a bargain at all in most of Europe, compared to 6D prices from 1.5 years ago or compared to Nikon D610 and Sony A7 ... I wonder how the EU sales numbers are, compared to the US (and maybe other regions?) where Canon seems to be strongly discounting the 6D.

Rick Knepper
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 17,298
You can take my response to the bank and and cash it.

Any news about release date wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

The 6D2 will be at least another year.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Mystery Gardner: "Rick, you have a passion for photography but not a position. That's a good thing." Based on 2014 keepers, I shot the following percentages: 5D3=42%, D800=31%, 6D=25% & D3x=2%. Various RAW comparisons at Link below. Includes 5D3 vs D800E (new uploads), 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

 Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 +9 more
Rick Knepper
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 17,298
Was this really necessary? And, consider the 5D3.
1

schmegg wrote:

Any news about release date wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

The 6D2 will be at least another year. Heck, according to this article, the 6D has not sold well so it may not come at all.

http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/10/eos-6d-mark-ii-to-move-upmarket-cr1/

Any news about release date wrote:

I would like to buy new camera soon. But I don't want to wait for 6 months. Any idea when new 6D mark ii will be release? Thanks

OK. Thank you. So it's not worthy to wait. I'll probably buy 6D for now.

No offense intended to Rick here, but he doesn't know any more than Canon rumours or anyone else outside the inner sanctum at Canon. And they aren't talking - and never have.

Having said that, I agree with Rick that's it's probably not going to be soon. But it's hard to say because the 6D is sort-of a new line - and it will possibly get more frequent updates than the 5D line .. perhaps.

What is different about your guess that makes it stand apart from my guess and doesn't warrant the same disclaimer - you have no idea when the 6D2 will come? Do you really think that blurb was necessary? Essentially, we agree.

I've always been one for just getting what is available when you are in the market - unless the new model has already been announced, by Canon, as being imminent.

Really, you'll love the 6D - it's a great camera and makes lovely images with the right biology attached.

Get one and get on with the fun of photography. It won't be any worse a camera (despite what you'll read here) once the 6D2 is released.

To the OP: Let me throw out a slightly different way to think about this. It is highly unlikely that a 6D2 will ever approach the 5D3 in terms of features. New grey market 5D3s from eBay sellers are selling in the neighborhood of $2300. Who knows what the MSRP will be for early adopters of a 6D2. Somebody looking for a 6D2 may be better off feature-wise with a grey market, refurb or used 5D3 and maybe even spend less for it.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, shooting for pleasure. It is better to have It and not need It than need It and not have It. Mystery Gardner: "Rick, you have a passion for photography but not a position. That's a good thing." Based on 2014 keepers, I shot the following percentages: 5D3=42%, D800=31%, 6D=25% & D3x=2%. Various RAW comparisons at Link below. Includes 5D3 vs D800E (new uploads), 5D3 vs. 6D, Zeiss lenses etc. https://app.box.com/s/71w40ita6hrcfghojaie

 Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 +9 more
RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 29,349
Re: I know!

victorian squid wrote:

Longer than any time really soon.

What a great time to buy a 6D. The prices are insanely low.

If you scroll down, you'll see this question about every 10 or 12 threads, I swear.

Here, take a look at the timeline of EOS cameras. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canon_EOS_digital_cameras You'll see if anything is up for a new version, it's the 5D mkIII. Of course, different bodies have shorter or longer timelines. But still.

If Canon announced a 6D MkII tomorrow, you wouldn't see it for months. First after the announcement, they usually say "available Q3 2015". So you wait until spring or fall.

sorry but delayed product availability is generally only for top end/pro products. Consumers models are generally available within 6 weeks not 6 months!

Then, you pre-order when the stores get news of delivery dates. Then you wait a few weeks. Then you get it, for top dollar. Absolute tip-top peak MSRP. You race to DP Forum and say "I got it, I got it! Nyah, nyah!" And sit back and feel good about yourself. Then, if you're very very lucky, there are no bugs that require a firmware update. I'm reminded of the 7D ghosting, or the 5D MkII black spot problem.

Nope, I'd get the 6D at the insanely low prices - probably at least a full $1000 less than the next one will be. Plus, they're offering the 24-105 and even Pixma Pro 100 printer with it for a few dollars more.

That extra grand would help pay for, oh I don't know. A Sigma 50/1.4 Art? EF 100/2.8L IS? EF 16-35/4L IS? A 600EX-RT and a lot of beer and pizza?

thamer08
thamer08 Regular Member • Posts: 392
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

I think there will not be a 6D mark ii

we didnt see any rumores or leaks about 6d like 5d4 and 5ds

i expect to see mirrorless fullframe to be alternative

 thamer08's gear list:thamer08's gear list
Canon G7 X II Sony a6000 Canon EOS M Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
technic Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

thamer08 wrote:

I think there will not be a 6D mark ii

we didnt see any rumores or leaks about 6d like 5d4 and 5ds

i expect to see mirrorless fullframe to be alternative

I don't expect that but it could be clever, something like Sony A7 series with EF mount (or EF adapter with native AF, using dual pixel AF instead of PDAF). Would be easier to separate the 6D and 5D model lines this way. Otherwise the 6D stays mostly a cheaper, dumbed-down 5D series where the slightly smaller size/weight is an accidental bonus.

TyphoonTW
TyphoonTW Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

technic wrote:

Otherwise the 6D stays mostly a cheaper, dumbed-down 5D series where the slightly smaller size/weight is an accidental bonus.

That's the attractive point of the 6D: cheapest full frame dslr on the market, small size, great image quality. Some features are dumbed down compared to the 5d III, and even a 7D II will smoke the 6D when it comes to focusing and continuos shooting, but if you're only looking for image quality on a full frame camera che 6D is a bargain.

With that said, I also think that the features of the 6D ( good image quality, smaller package, lower price, dumbed down for sport) would be a perfect fit in a mirrorless.

This is where I write stuff: http://randomibis.wordpress.com/
This is where I upload stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/107755637@N06/
http://500px.com/Ibis-2k12
This is my stuff: Canon 6D - Canon 50mm f1.8 - 24-105mm F4 L - Canon 17-40mm f4 L - EOS-M - Canon 22mm f2.0

 TyphoonTW's gear list:TyphoonTW's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
technic Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

TyphoonTW wrote:

technic wrote:

Otherwise the 6D stays mostly a cheaper, dumbed-down 5D series where the slightly smaller size/weight is an accidental bonus.

That's the attractive point of the 6D: cheapest full frame dslr on the market, small size, great image quality. Some features are dumbed down compared to the 5d III, and even a 7D II will smoke the 6D when it comes to focusing and continuos shooting, but if you're only looking for image quality on a full frame camera che 6D is a bargain.

Probably attractive for some, but not for me. I'm not looking for a 'bargain', I'm looking for something ambitious that is light, compact and capable, with up-to-date sensor, and I'm willing to pay for it. I don't want just another watered-down rehash of all the previous FF Canon cameras of the last 5-10 years.

TyphoonTW
TyphoonTW Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

technic wrote:

TyphoonTW wrote:

technic wrote:

Otherwise the 6D stays mostly a cheaper, dumbed-down 5D series where the slightly smaller size/weight is an accidental bonus.

That's the attractive point of the 6D: cheapest full frame dslr on the market, small size, great image quality. Some features are dumbed down compared to the 5d III, and even a 7D II will smoke the 6D when it comes to focusing and continuos shooting, but if you're only looking for image quality on a full frame camera che 6D is a bargain.

Probably attractive for some, but not for me. I'm not looking for a 'bargain', I'm looking for something ambitious that is light, compact and capable, with up-to-date sensor, and I'm willing to pay for it. I don't want just another watered-down rehash of all the previous FF Canon cameras of the last 5-10 years.

In that case Sony is the way!

-- hide signature --

This is where I write stuff: http://randomibis.wordpress.com/
This is where I upload stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/107755637@N06/
http://500px.com/Ibis-2k12
This is my stuff: Canon 6D - Canon 50mm f1.8 - 24-105mm F4 L - Canon 17-40mm f4 L - EOS-M - Canon 22mm f2.0

 TyphoonTW's gear list:TyphoonTW's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
technic Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

TyphoonTW wrote:

technic wrote:

TyphoonTW wrote:

technic wrote:

Otherwise the 6D stays mostly a cheaper, dumbed-down 5D series where the slightly smaller size/weight is an accidental bonus.

That's the attractive point of the 6D: cheapest full frame dslr on the market, small size, great image quality. Some features are dumbed down compared to the 5d III, and even a 7D II will smoke the 6D when it comes to focusing and continuos shooting, but if you're only looking for image quality on a full frame camera che 6D is a bargain.

Probably attractive for some, but not for me. I'm not looking for a 'bargain', I'm looking for something ambitious that is light, compact and capable, with up-to-date sensor, and I'm willing to pay for it. I don't want just another watered-down rehash of all the previous FF Canon cameras of the last 5-10 years.

In that case Sony is the way!

not really, as I like Canon lenses and some of my subjects require fast AF ... but it might be a partial/temporary solution if Canon doesn't come through.

Dustonian Regular Member • Posts: 134
Re: Any news about release date Canon 6D mark ii

No one knows.

I would think Canon would want to compete with Nikon's D750, and not just the D810. All we can do is wait and see. Perhaps Canon will reserve it's 5D line for the $3000+ pro market, and then introduce a 6D MII down the road to compete with the D750 in the $2000+ range. We could play these games all night. Go and buy a camera that fits your needs NOW Happy shooting!

ovlov Senior Member • Posts: 1,439
None that I've heard

Canon may need to reconsider where it stands in their lineup with the rumored new bodies.

The 6D arguably has one of Canon's best FF images sensors inside it.  It has wi-fi and GPS.  The weather sealing works quite well in my experience.  The AF systems lack of AF points is the big let down, though the center point is very good.  It's hard to use the stupid multi-controller with gloves on.

Their have been some very attractive Canon 6D gear bundles from bhphoto.com in the past.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads