Panasonic Lx100 PAL/NTSC recording options?

Started Jan 26, 2015 | Discussions
moe lem New Member • Posts: 6
Panasonic Lx100 PAL/NTSC recording options?

HI

I own the LX100 and am loving it. But I want to know if it is possible to change the video from PAL to NTSC? To change the fps as and when I wish.

I often shoot videos in PAL and others in NTSC for many different reasons. 30fps is the internet standard and best for monitors. But I'm stuck with a PAL only model for no obvious reason. All my previous cameras could change format . All fps can be saved in mp4 of avchd 24/25/50/30/60 etc .

This cameras so great for video Im really confused why it wouldn't have this basic option. Its not like its a camera designed for hands off videographers. Or that it couldn't be a settings option.

Have I missed something in the settings or is it possible to swap it is a firmware update?

thanks

remainz

moe lem's gear list:moe lem's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II
ajitartist
ajitartist New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Panasonic Lx100 PAL/NTSC recording options?

Hey there from when i did research a while back the Lx100 seems not to have the option ,as you say its really simple to do but i guess companies want to keep lines separate even some procsumer compact video cameras from canon that cost £1000+ are locked at pal or ntsc

Anyway this info may help you as a work around
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54373289

axlotl Senior Member • Posts: 1,911

Setup Menu>TV Connection>Video Out>PAL/NTSC

sherman_levine
sherman_levine Forum Pro • Posts: 11,515

axlotl wrote:

Setup Menu>TV Connection>Video Out>PAL/NTSC

Now that's interesting. My FZ1000 advanced manual shows the same thing on page 52, however my (US) camera box says "NTSC only" and lacks that menu entry. I didn't realize there were versions which supported both PAL and NTSC

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon Coolpix P1000
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 18,480
I think that the OP was referring to recording (within the camera), not video out...

I think that the OP was referring to recording clips, not video out to a TV.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Leica C-Lux +8 more
OP moe lem New Member • Posts: 6

Yes the output has no effect on the recording option.

And if that was the answer its dumb place to put it.

moe lem's gear list:moe lem's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II
vizmathy New Member • Posts: 2

Yes, there is!

Just found this piece of treasure after almost gave up having 30 frames 4k on my european LX100, but it worked.

It's a key combo that actually puts the camera in service mode, where you will get a few new options in the menu (like ROM backup), with the apparent side effect of having 30 and 60Hz frame rates for 4K/FHD respectively insted of the (mostly) useless 25/50Hz.

Turn off camera.

Then while pressing Right + Display + AE/AF lock buttons, turn the camera on.

Then press Playback (to enter the playback screen).

Then while pressing Up + AE/AF lock, turn off camera.

If you see a yellow triangle, you got into service mode, turn it back on, set your favorite video mode, shot and smile

If you decided not to shot videos for online use anymore, you can exit service mode by turning on camera, then

Pressing Menu + Right, while turning the camera off,

to get the option of Factory resetting the camera. After factory reset, the yellow exclamation mark disappears, just like the 30/60 frame video modes, so you can shot for PAL TV frame rate for VHS, according to the original Panasonic design (...shame on you, Panasonic...).

Cheers,

T

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt-GX5BdcgU

Arnold35 New Member • Posts: 3

Excellent!! It works! thanx

Arnold35's gear list:Arnold35's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads