X-T1 PC Sync after 3.0 Firmware update

Started Jan 5, 2015 | Discussions
RoundVu Regular Member • Posts: 108
X-T1 PC Sync after 3.0 Firmware update

This may be coincidental but it seems that after updating to Firmware version 3, I can't trigger my manual flashes with PC-Sync. I've taken thousands of pictures using it before to trigger my Godox V850 flashes and had no problems. Today, I can't get it to work.

I tried switching sync cables but that didn't help. I also tried triggering the flash with the same cables but with  a couple of my other cameras.  Everything works fine with them.

Can anyone else here with X-T1 V3 firmware try triggering flash with PC sync?  Could there be a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
historianx
historianx Veteran Member • Posts: 3,714
Re: X-T1 PC Sync after 3.0 Firmware update

RoundVu wrote:

This may be coincidental but it seems that after updating to Firmware version 3, I can't trigger my manual flashes with PC-Sync. I've taken thousands of pictures using it before to trigger my Godox V850 flashes and had no problems. Today, I can't get it to work.

I tried switching sync cables but that didn't help. I also tried triggering the flash with the same cables but with a couple of my other cameras. Everything works fine with them.

Can anyone else here with X-T1 V3 firmware try triggering flash with PC sync? Could there be a setting somewhere I'm missing?

Is Silent Mode on?  That disables all flash functions inc pc sync.

historianx's gear list:historianx's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D7100 Nikon D500
OP RoundVu Regular Member • Posts: 108
Re: X-T1 PC Sync after 3.0 Firmware update

Silent Mode is off.  Thanks for the info though.  That's good to know for future reference.

OP RoundVu Regular Member • Posts: 108
Re: X-T1 PC Sync after 3.0 Firmware update - mystery solved

I did more digging and figured it out.  I had Mechanical Shutter (MS) + Electronic Shutter (ES) on.  When I set it back to MS only, it works as expected.

The Silent Mode tip got me thinking down this path. Thanks.  Now I noticed that in Silent mode, the display shows a no flash icon.  When Electronic Shutter is enabled, there is no such display. It would be good if Fujifilm displayed the no flash icon when the electronic shutter is enabled.

dengx Senior Member • Posts: 1,030
Re: X-T1 PC Sync after 3.0 Firmware update - mystery solved

RoundVu wrote:

It would be good if Fujifilm displayed the no flash icon when the electronic shutter is enabled.

Flash is only disabled for third party flashes.

Fujifilm flashes fire just fine as long as you are in the correct (mechanical) shutter speed range and shutter is set to MS + ES.

Regards

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads