Fuji future

Started Dec 12, 2014 | Discussions
maxnimo Junior Member • Posts: 44
Fuji future

I was just thinking how Fuji could top itself now.

I'd like to see an 8MP 4K video-friendly camera, also capable of shooting 1080p at 120 fps, and stills of course, that's geared towards action and wildlife photography, and can give decent output at ISO 50,000.

What are your thoughts?

Dukhat
Dukhat Veteran Member • Posts: 3,810
Re: Fuji future

I'd be happier if they would remove video entirely and stick with still image cameras.

We all have our dreams.

ryan2007 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,001

maxnimo wrote:

I was just thinking how Fuji could top itself now.

I'd like to see an 8MP 4K video-friendly camera, also capable of shooting 1080p at 120 fps, and stills of course, that's geared towards action and wildlife photography, and can give decent output at ISO 50,000.

What are your thoughts?

not any time soon. Fuji can't even implement video on a basic level can't see all of a sudden they possess 4K video.

The problem with video is being able to control the heat the camera generates so that is one important factor than just tossing out numbers for 4k or 1080 p whatever.

Even if they did, Panasonic for mirrorless still does it better.

On top of that Fuji needs to consider Audio or the video will not matter if the audio connections are not there, they go together.

On the still side who knows. What is known is like everything their will be new camera bodies to the point where doing firmware updates may not be able to really do it.

Maybe they need a new sensor and everything changes for the better then.

If I had a video need now the best solution is a video camera/camcorder not this hybrid stuff Unless you have a lot more money to invest to get the rig you need, but by the time you do that you could have just bought a $2,500 decent prosumer camcorder.

kaan14 Junior Member • Posts: 25

Dukhat wrote:

I'd be happier if they would remove video entirely and stick with still image cameras.

We all have our dreams.

That would truly be the dream...

but i would like to see fuji implement 4k video even though it gets too warm and whatnut..not because i care about video i wouldn't even touch it but it be a proof that the camera has a proper processor instead of cheap one. fuji does need a processor.. it cant even go 60hz evf

Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,093

Fuji's current implementation of the EVF in the XT1 is very much amongst the features that have made it a successful model for them.  It may not work for everyone, but it does for most owners.  No doubt future EVFs will emerge with faster refresh rates, but Fuji certainly aren't going to develop a 4K video camera to satisfy consumers who don't actually want one that they can make an EVF run faster.......

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +14 more
Koban
Koban Contributing Member • Posts: 502

Dukhat wrote:

We all have our dreams.

+1

For me its a Photo camera not video.

-- hide signature --

My blog @ http://blog.wagner-fotografie.nl
http://Fuji-x.nl for Fuji nieuws reviews and Deals

DJF77
DJF77 Senior Member • Posts: 1,254

Koban wrote:

Dukhat wrote:

We all have our dreams.

+1

Hopefully Fuji will listen to market demands and not a few oldies on here. Video capability is essential if they want to push the series as a serious camera. I'm not particularly interested in video apart from a few clips here and there, but there are many who will want good video ability and there is no reason fuji should not put some effort in. It will cost them in the long run if they don't (look how popular the GH4 is because of its video quality)

Just a Photographer Senior Member • Posts: 1,368

DJF77 wrote:

Koban wrote:

Dukhat wrote:

We all have our dreams.

+1

Hopefully Fuji will listen to market demands and not a few oldies on here. Video capability is essential if they want to push the series as a serious camera. I'm not particularly interested in video apart from a few clips here and there, but there are many who will want good video ability and there is no reason fuji should not put some effort in. It will cost them in the long run if they don't (look how popular the GH4 is because of its video quality)

By looking at the number of likes that Dhukat gets, it seems obvious that most people do not seem interested in video that much. I wouldn't want to call these people oldies. I think these people just like taking photo's more and see less use of video

Some people seem to get upset when others tell them they rather have a camera without video.
There is lots that Fuji still can do to make the photography experience even better.

I like Fuji cameras but I also still miss many features that I do have on my D800E and D4 but miss on my X-T1. One of them is better bracketing, another one is RAW support for ISO 100 and over 6400. Then there are also some buttons and controls that could be greatly improved.

I would like to see Fuji working on them first before implementing all kind of new video features that only few will use to full advantage.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +9 more
Bailey151 Senior Member • Posts: 1,144

Just a Photographer wrote:

..........By looking at the number of likes that Dhukat gets, it seems obvious that most people do not seem interested in video that much. I wouldn't want to call these people oldies. I think these people just like taking photo's more and see less use of video.................

That's the same line of thinking that made Kodak what it is today. This is a photography forum which makes that measure wildly skewed.

In todays world more video was taken in the time that it took me to type this than still images were shot last month. Love it, hate it, doesn't matter it's simply the world as it is today.

Koban
Koban Contributing Member • Posts: 502

I only can speak for myself. I do not use the video functionality so I would not miss it in the camera. So for my self Fuji ma drop it. There a enough users using the video functionality of the cameras. For them it is good this functionality is there. I hope that Fuji focus more on the photographer then filming.

-- hide signature --

My blog @ http://blog.wagner-fotografie.nl
http://Fuji-x.nl for Fuji nieuws reviews and Deals

Peter Bendheim
Peter Bendheim Senior Member • Posts: 2,555

No insults, really. But if you want that sort of video, you should look at a decent video oriented cam.

I'm glad Fuji does images - it's what they are really good at and I suspect the majority of Fuji users are still photographers and seldom use video.

I for one hope Fuji don't change that and stick to what they are good at. Trying to please every market sector usually ends up in something designed by a committee, and some that is good at everything, but stellar at nothing.

No thanks

-- hide signature --

Peter Bendheim
www.peterbendheim.com

Peter Bendheim's gear list:Peter Bendheim's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon G1 X III Sony DSC-RX0 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS M +2 more
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,084

My thoughts? Improve on what Fuji has now, still image wise, rather than venturing into trendy new territory.  Build that flash system.  Get the autofocus system up to pro standards, inc face detect.  Improve the peripherals (for example the X100S/T charger).  Implement IBIS.  The list goes on and on.

Much rather see this than improve video.  If I need that I'll just go to Panasonic.

OP maxnimo Junior Member • Posts: 44

First off, Fuji already makes a first class still camera - that's a given. But action photography is not their strongest field. Now if you couple 4K video with good, fast focus you can get 30 or even 60 fps of 4K stills, which would make one heck of a low light action camera. No need to ever use the "video" setting. This could greatly expand their user base.

Now if Fuji is supposed to do only portraits and landscapes... that's another story.

robert1955 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,982

I've never used the video on my XT-1, but what I gather, it is not the best implementation of video in a recent photo cam. Now I might say that because I don't really care for video I should not mind, but I think that is short sighted. Most posters in this thread think otherwise, they think that if Fuji [or another manufacturer for that matter] spends less resources on video, they will spend more resources on stills. It ain't necessarily so. They won't attract many new customers by adding more traditional features. If they want new custom, they will have to look somewhere else than to people who may be close to last camera syndrome. We are not a long term growth market.

robert1955's gear list:robert1955's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS XF 90mm
kaan14 Junior Member • Posts: 25

Rod McD wrote:

Fuji's current implementation of the EVF in the XT1 is very much amongst the features that have made it a successful model for them. It may not work for everyone, but it does for most owners. No doubt future EVFs will emerge with faster refresh rates, but Fuji certainly aren't going to develop a 4K video camera to satisfy consumers who don't actually want one that they can make an EVF run faster.......

Rod

oh boy... You do realize that the processor is not just about the evf. its about the buffer, imaging and general smooth, fast workflow of the camera.  This is the biggest problem fuji is that its corky. anything a fuji camera does, there is some another camera that does it better, faster and cheaper. thats because fuji has a cheapo processor. even in x100t you see stutter and flashes on the screen when you meter/focus and the buffer fills up jokingly fast.

Dukhat
Dukhat Veteran Member • Posts: 3,810

Peter Bendheim wrote:

No insults, really. But if you want that sort of video, you should look at a decent video oriented cam.

I'm glad Fuji does images - it's what they are really good at and I suspect the majority of Fuji users are still photographers and seldom use video.

I for one hope Fuji don't change that and stick to what they are good at. Trying to please every market sector usually ends up in something designed by a committee, and some that is good at everything, but stellar at nothing.

To be fair to the video users, I couldn't really care less if the camera has video on it, and I understand that a modern camera has to have some sort of video implementation, but please, Fuji, make the video button customizable for those of us who don't use it. At least give us a button that is of some use to us.

villagranvicent
villagranvicent Regular Member • Posts: 466

Dukhat wrote:

We all have our dreams.

I would love an X100 without LCD screen... Like the new Leica M but within Fuji range. (Basically a 2015 Epson R-D1 -there is an LCD but you can flip it)

villagranvicent's gear list:villagranvicent's gear list
Leica M8 Leica X1 Canon EOS 5D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony a7 +16 more
Digital Shutterbug Veteran Member • Posts: 4,892

robert1955 wrote:

I've never used the video on my XT-1, but what I gather, it is not the best implementation of video in a recent photo cam. Now I might say that because I don't really care for video I should not mind, but I think that is short sighted. Most posters in this thread think otherwise, they think that if Fuji [or another manufacturer for that matter] spends less resources on video, they will spend more resources on stills. It ain't necessarily so. They won't attract many new customers by adding more traditional features. If they want new custom, they will have to look somewhere else than to people who may be close to last camera syndrome. We are not a long term growth market.

So having more lenses in the telephoto range, a real flash system, improved focus tracking, higher ISO in RAW capture and the list goes on, would not attract new customers? They can't improve video enough to make me give hoot about it. If I want to see video I'll turn on the TV or go to a movie.

Steve

mistermejia Veteran Member • Posts: 3,340

Koban wrote:

Dukhat wrote:

We all have our dreams.

+1

+1!

Come on man, image quality is already good. Why take video out??

I don't want a Fuji camera " for video", but I do want a camera that does have good AF video indeed.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
GSharp87 Regular Member • Posts: 105

I'm dreaming about a full frame m-mount camera with an optical view finder, which bases its strengths around manual focus, with state of the art digital manual focus aids. Accompanied by a selection of compact, high quality manual lenses...

GSharp87's gear list:GSharp87's gear list
Ricoh GR III Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads