Can't sell my X-E2- am I missing something?

Started Oct 26, 2014 | Discussions
next shot Regular Member • Posts: 198
Re: Can't sell my X-E2- am I missing something?

Maybe you should invest your money in new cars.  Then you surely will see the light.

next shot's gear list:next shot's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2
pcb_dpr Contributing Member • Posts: 838

Yeah, coupla folks missing the fact that OP already did Real Good...

Andy G wrote:

FujicaST605 wrote:

LN- at KEH is $719.

If I buy gear form a private seller I expect to pay less than KEH, as there is more risk.

You're asking too much.

You do realise he managed to sell it for $835 on Amazon?

gftphoto Regular Member • Posts: 206

Dude made out like a bandit!

tom1234567
tom1234567 Senior Member • Posts: 1,917

KEH, made a good offer $650. you can buy one X-E2 BRAND NEW with kit lens here in U.K. for £625 AND Probably cheaper for 2nd hand if one shopped around

so second hand would be as much as you can get, i would put it on eBay and be patient

cheers Tom G

-- hide signature --

N.S.A. and G.C.H.Q. The only government goons that "LISTEN"?????
I'm a 30yr old trapped in a 63yr old body

tom1234567's gear list:tom1234567's gear list
Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T2
LaFonte Senior Member • Posts: 2,864

mp2011 wrote:

I have been trying to sell my X-E2 and kit lens for several weeks now. I have listed it here in the buy/sell forum, on a few photography forums I am part of, in several Facebook gear groups, in the three Fuji specific forums I am aware of, on my Instagram account, and on Amazon. It is in awesome condition, I have all of the original packing materials, I have perfect ebay and Amazon feedback.

So I am wondering if I am expecting too much? I initially hoped for $900. I paid $1299 in April. I took it to my local camera store, and they offered $350! That is insane. I contacted KEH, and they offered $650. What I have learned is that I don't think I will ever buy any photo equipment new again, especially mirrorless bodies. I did sell my two Fuji primes without much effort at all (and actually made money!). But I am shocked at how difficult I am finding it to sell this camera.

Not sure where are you getting your numbers from, but $400 would be a good price for used X-E2 body. Just because you bought it for $1299 it doesn't mean the camera is worth that much. It isn't.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 +2 more
Mateus1 Contributing Member • Posts: 876

Today I sold X-E2 (bought in December 2013) + Hand Grip MHG-XE + Lensmate thumbrest + Soft Release De Camera Consultant for $792 and I am very happy with this price. Not sure what I can get for 35/1.4 and 18/2 which I am going to sell this year too, but will be happy if I receive 50% of the price I spent on them. I may buy Fuji in the future but only if Fuji will release FF with new sensor or MF. Fuji APS-C depreciate today quite quickly.

007peter
007peter Forum Pro • Posts: 12,428
$900 is way too high for a "USED" X-E2. Try $400-$500

mp2011 wrote:

I have been trying to sell my X-E2 and kit lens for several weeks now. So I am wondering if I am expecting too much? I initially hoped for $900. I paid $1299 in April.

$900 is way too HIGH.  Why would I paid for someone else X-E2 when I can buy a brand new X-T1 for not much more?  Imho, all USED camera need to be 50%~60% of its new price to stimulate sales.

I took it to my local camera store, and they offered $350! That is insane. I contacted KEH, and they offered $650.

$650 is a very generous price, you should have taken their offer.

What I have learned is that I don't think I will ever buy any photo equipment new again, especially mirrorless bodies.

Mirrorless camera body don't hold VALUE.  A used Canon/Nikon DSLR holds stunning values in the used market due to overwhelming demands.  I just sold my Canon T1i DSLR for $300, not a bad price consider I bought it for just $450 four years ago.

LENS, on the other hands, hold its value better.  I would call KEH and take that $650 offer.

alexzn
alexzn Senior Member • Posts: 1,787
Re: That's what I do

mp2011 wrote:

Well, it sold via Amazon for $835 last night. Lots of fees there, but I am just so glad it is over. I really am committed to buying used from here on out- especially mirrorless.

Well. Maybe you should buy less gear and take more pictures.  Good luck buying your next used camera.

Mark Carr Senior Member • Posts: 2,333
A bit off topic

Hi everybody,

I spent some time reading these comments yesterday, but only today did this thought come to mind. The XE-2 is a relatively new camera (released in 2014), and one that got very favorable reviews. Based on what I've read on this thread, the camera is worth approx. $500-$600, perhaps a bit more if in exceptional shape.

The Fuji S5, which was released in 2006, is now 8 years old and sells for nearly as much - perhaps $100 - $200 less if in excellent condition and with a minimal number of actuations. What does that say about the S5? It appears to have a much higher resale value than the newer, and dare I say better, XE-2. Is this an fair/accurate assessment? If so, I wonder why that is, and I wonder what the XE-2 will be worth 8 years from now.

I know they're different cameras and the purpose here is not to compare the two. I'm just very surprised at how quickly the value of the new "X" cam has fallen when compared to the older "S" cams, which always seemed to retain their value until they died.

Comments are always welcomed.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Mark

007peter
Re: A bit off topic

Mark Carr wrote:  The XE-2 is a relatively new camera (released in 2014), and one that got very favorable reviews. Based on what I've read on this thread, the camera is worth approx. $500-$600, perhaps a bit more if in exceptional shape.

Not quite.  XE-2 was introduced on October 2013.  While the vastly superior X-Ti was announce just 2 months later at January 2014.  X-T1 stole much of the thunder away from XE-2.

I know they're different cameras and the purpose here is not to compare the two. I'm just very surprised at how quickly the value of the new "X" cam has fallen when compared to the older "S"

I disagree, Fuji camera hold it value rather well compare to Sony NEX or any micro43.

Unfortunatley for X-E2, it was easily overshadowed by the vastly superior X-T1 in barely 2 months.  Many X-E1 owner upgrade straight to X-T1 bypassing X-E2 all together.  The speed improvement from X-E1 to X-E2 didn't justified the price tag.  Where as X-T1 is vastly quicker to AF than X-E1, making it the most desirable Fuji camera.

With X-T1, the world doesn't really need a X-E2.

• X-T1 on the high-end
  • X-M1 on the middle
  • X-A1 on the low-end

I"m not sure where X-E2 fits in anymore.  I do not see a need for a X-E3 at all.

Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 11,489
Re: A bit off topic

007peter wrote:

Mark Carr wrote: The XE-2 is a relatively new camera (released in 2014), and one that got very favorable reviews. Based on what I've read on this thread, the camera is worth approx. $500-$600, perhaps a bit more if in exceptional shape.

Not quite. XE-2 was introduced on October 2013. While the vastly superior X-Ti was announce just 2 months later at January 2014. X-T1 stole much of the thunder away from XE-2.

I know they're different cameras and the purpose here is not to compare the two. I'm just very surprised at how quickly the value of the new "X" cam has fallen when compared to the older "S"

I disagree, Fuji camera hold it value rather well compare to Sony NEX or any micro43.

Unfortunatley for X-E2, it was easily overshadowed by the vastly superior X-T1 in barely 2 months. Many X-E1 owner upgrade straight to X-T1 bypassing X-E2 all together. The speed improvement from X-E1 to X-E2 didn't justified the price tag. Where as X-T1 is vastly quicker to AF than X-E1, making it the most desirable Fuji camera.

• X-T1 on the high-end
  • X-M1 on the middle
  • X-A1 on the low-end

I"m not sure where X-E2 fits in anymore. I do not see a need for a X-E3 at all.

One would think the "overshadowed" camera wouldn't have the exact same image quality, S-AF speed, shutter lag, same EVF refresh rate, same DR, same JPEG engine, same processor and sensor than the "superior" camera.

Perhaps a superlative recalibration is in order?

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more

Mateus1 wrote:

Today I sold X-E2 (bought in December 2013) + Hand Grip MHG-XE + Lensmate thumbrest + Soft Release De Camera Consultant for $792 and I am very happy with this price. Not sure what I can get for 35/1.4 and 18/2 which I am going to sell this year too, but will be happy if I receive 50% of the price I spent on them. I may buy Fuji in the future but only if Fuji will release FF with new sensor or MF. Fuji APS-C depreciate today quite quickly.

You did pretty well compared to the bath I took on selling my Canon FF system.  Consider yourself a winner.

Sal

Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
slimandy Forum Pro • Posts: 17,157

Try Ebay. Look at finished listings to get an idea what you can sell it for.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

slimandy's gear list:slimandy's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
007peter
Sal Baker: by your own logic, you're better off buying X-M1

Sal Baker wrote:

007peter wrote:

Unfortunatley for X-E2, it was easily overshadowed by the vastly superior X-T1 in barely 2 months. Many X-E1 owner upgrade straight to X-T1 bypassing X-E2 all together. The speed improvement from X-E1 to X-E2 didn't justified the price tag. Where as X-T1 is vastly quicker to AF than X-E1, making it the most desirable Fuji camera.

• X-T1 on the high-end
  • X-M1 on the middle
  • X-A1 on the low-end

One would think the "overshadowed" camera wouldn't have the exact same image quality, S-AF speed, shutter lag, same EVF refresh rate, same DR, same JPEG engine, same processor and sensor than the "superior" camera.

Sal

Not at all SAL.  By your own FLAW logic, you might as well buy the cheaper X-M1 as it share the EXACT SAME IMAGE QUALITY.  X-T1 is just a much better camera than X-E2.  As an X-E2 owner, I can see how you're offended by my comment.  Take it up with Fuji management with your complain.  Fuji lineup makes it foolish buying X-E2 over X-T1.

Re: Sal Baker: by your own logic, you're better off buying X-M1

007peter wrote:

Sal Baker wrote:

007peter wrote:

• X-T1 on the high-end
  • X-M1 on the middle
  • X-A1 on the low-end

Sal

Not at all SAL. By your own FLAW logic, you might as well buy the cheaper X-M1 as it share the EXACT SAME IMAGE QUALITY. X-T1 is just a much better camera than X-E2. As an X-E2 owner, I can see how you're offended by my comment. Take it up with Fuji management with your complain. Fuji lineup makes it foolish buying X-E2 over X-T1.

Not offended at all Peter, just calling you on a  needless over-exaggeration. If one doesn't need or want the minor operational differences, and wants a smaller range-finder format with identical technical and photographic image quality, the X-E series is "vastly superior." Fuji management loves it when people pay more for features they don't need.

Sal

Kevin Fitzsimons New Member • Posts: 22

MP2011 - I sent you a PM to you over a week ago saying I was interested in buying your X-E2 and haven't heard a thing. Are you really selling it or just dragging on this conversation? Please contact me if you're interested in selling it.

Kevin Fitzsimons's gear list:Kevin Fitzsimons's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2
paul spicer
paul spicer Regular Member • Posts: 114

Kevin Fitzsimons wrote:

MP2011 - I sent you a PM to you over a week ago saying I was interested in buying your X-E2 and haven't heard a thing. Are you really selling it or just dragging on this conversation? Please contact me if you're interested in selling it

It's already been sold over a week ago, quote from post:

Well, it sold via Amazon for $835 last night. Lots of fees there, but I am just so glad it is over. I really am committed to buying used from here on out- especially mirrorless.

paul spicer's gear list:paul spicer's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,164
I can live with my X-E1 (and some other cameras)

I know X-T1 focuses faster and is a nice camera. The IQ is not better really. So, i'm still traveling with my X-E1 and getting nice images

Bur when i need fast focusing when i try take a portrait of a hyperkinetic kid indoors,  i want to take my 7D+ 50mm f 1,4.... or a BIF -photo of a flying tern (X-T1 can not do that)

7D stuff

X-E1 material

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, Canon DSLR cameras, lenses and now also a Fuji X-E1
60.21 N 24.86 E

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +14 more
britcam
britcam Senior Member • Posts: 2,464

Kevin Fitzsimons wrote:

MP2011 - I sent you a PM to you over a week ago saying I was interested in buying your X-E2 and haven't heard a thing. Are you really selling it or just dragging on this conversation? Please contact me if you're interested in selling it.

Need to read the posts ...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/54637278

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +6 more
Just a Photographer Senior Member • Posts: 1,368

paul spicer wrote:

I am just so glad it is over. I really am committed to buying used from here on out- especially mirrorless.

Has nothing to do with the fact that this is a mirrorless camera.
Has everything to do with popularity of a camera in general.
And selling second hand gear to a third buyer will put you in the exact same position as you were in now.

Cameras are not an investment.
They only depreciate in value and the older your camera will become the less $$$ its worth.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads