RE: Spring Clip Latch Nikon D200

Started Sep 4, 2014 | Questions
tearose303 New Member • Posts: 3
RE: Spring Clip Latch Nikon D200

I am new to changing focusing screens in cameras.  I watched the videos and thought it would be a simple task.  The first time things went well. But alas the second time was rather disastrous.  I did not use tweezers to pull out the spring clip, but rather attempted it with a small precision screw driver. The result was I broke the tiny spring clip latch that holds the metal spring in place.  I heard someone else did exactly the same...   Could someone give me advice on how much this repair would approximately cost?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Robert Cohen Veteran Member • Posts: 3,691
Re: RE: Spring Clip Latch Nikon D200

I have no idea, but would suggest that you call Nikon Repair or an independent service such as APS and ask.  It could well cost more than the body is worth.

-- hide signature --

--Bob

Robert Cohen's gear list:Robert Cohen's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +4 more
OP tearose303 New Member • Posts: 3

Hi Rob.

Yes.  I debated that very point.

It looks like I will have to take the loss (ie: cost of repair).

Thank you for replying.

Appreciated.

MOD TOF guy Forum Pro • Posts: 13,772

Just ask Nikon and they'll let you know.

You may also ask Thom Hogan, he knows the answer :

http://www.bythom.com/about/contact-form.html

From memory $350 to $400 (you're not the first one by a mile who has reported this experience, unfortunately ).

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +5 more
OP tearose303 New Member • Posts: 3

Hi,

Thank you for your reply...

The fact that others have made the same error makes me feel just a little better about the whole thing... so thank you for that!

Yes, an expensive error!    but will probably have to get it repaired as I want to keep the body for a spare.

I am more than a little miffed - but a great learning curve! No more jewelers screw drivers - tweezers only from now on in!

Kindest Regards

Tearose

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads