FZ1000 a few samples and use of RAW

Started Aug 29, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
oldman3 New Member • Posts: 2
FZ1000 a few samples and use of RAW

OK this is my first posts on this forum having just recently purchased the FZ1000 having upgraded from a FZ150. I am also starting to do RAW processing now using Adobe Lightroom for the first time having only done JPEG previously with FZ150.

Initially I struggled with RAW as default adobe camera colour calibration looked so dull and washed out and struggled to get photos to look as punchy as OOC JPEGs . However I then discovered Huelight Camera profiles who recently added FZ1000 to list and I must say it has made a big difference using these colour profilles as now much simpler to get good accurate colours from RAW

http://colorfidelity.com/

I would recommend these calibration files as they make it much easier trying to get good colours

Anyhow I have posted a few samples of my first few shots and am delighted with the sharpness and colour of the images and lack of noise compared to old FZ150 - these are all straight from camera with some basic RAW processing The only odd ones are the extreme close of of flowers and hover fly which I took using Raynox DCR-150 attached . I would say these were both approx 8mm in size so pretty tiny. Impossible to get fully in focus due to tiny DOF mind you

oldman3's gear list:oldman3's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
PhotOptimist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,249
Re: FZ1000 a few samples and use of RAW

Thanks for sharing photos & information.

Could you post images comparing huelight against LR color profiles?

kryzt Regular Member • Posts: 239

Thanks oldman3 for shearing with us your experience and thanks the information!

I will try to see if better, thanks again.

kryzt's gear list:kryzt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000
halfwaythere Contributing Member • Posts: 887

These are probably some of the best samples I've seen from the Fz1000 so far. The DOF seems plenty even with the "huge" F8 aperture.

Julius
Julius Contributing Member • Posts: 854
Excellent sharpness and colors.

NT

-- hide signature --
 Julius's gear list:Julius's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus PEN-F Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +11 more
MattMatt1972 Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: Excellent sharpness and colors.

Excellent shots, great composition, great IQ.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

-- hide signature --

- M a t t e o
- P a n a s o n i c F Z 1 0 0 0
-

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads