d610 and d810 are dead Locked

Started Aug 28, 2014 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
wassim al malak Contributing Member • Posts: 670
d610 and d810 are dead

hello all ,

Sony a7s smokes the d610 and d810 in low light high ISO videos and stills ?

is that real or just promotions .

where is the truth ?

wassim al malak's gear list:wassim al malak's gear list
Nikon D3 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +4 more
Nikon D610 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bill Dewey Veteran Member • Posts: 7,910
I shouldn't, but what the heck, I'm in a "mood" this morning ....

Please define "smokes" in your opinion along with what data supports your claim, per the title, that somehow this is the demise of the D610 and D810.

I won't even mention:

AF
Build
Whatever other feature you like on the D610/810

I really should know better.

-- hide signature --

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com

Pallke Regular Member • Posts: 157
Hi Massa wassim, what did you smoke ?

It must be a kind of heavy BS.

-- hide signature --

best regards
Pallke

Pallke's gear list:Pallke's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
String
String Senior Member • Posts: 1,950
Some fuel for the fire...
 String's gear list:String's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
ImageAmateur Senior Member • Posts: 4,715
Re: Sony A7s likely DOES smoke the Nikon...

wassim al malak wrote:

hello all ,

Sony a7s smokes the d610 and d810 in low light high ISO videos and stills ?

where is the truth ?

.. the Niikon D2X at high ISO above ISO 800, video and manual focusing. Agreed.

For eveything else hwoever, the D2X is a better camera.

-- hide signature --

Wishing You Good Light.

ImageAmateur's gear list:ImageAmateur's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Phase One Capture One Pro
AllOtherNamesTaken Veteran Member • Posts: 3,563
Don't feed the troll

Report as Flaming / Trolling and move on. The intentionally provocative (not to mention outright false) thread title is your first clue.

Cipher Senior Member • Posts: 2,643
Here's a comparison of what really matters...

All Sony A7R native full frame E-Mount lenses...all five of them...at last count.

All Nikon native full frame lenses (62+ and counting). BHPhoto lists 144 full frame lenses (Nikon + 3rd Party).

pforsell
pforsell Senior Member • Posts: 1,792
Re: d610 and d810 are dead

wassim al malak wrote:

hello all ,

Sony a7s smokes the d610 and d810 in low light high ISO videos and stills

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

pforsell's gear list:pforsell's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3X Nikon D3S Nikon D4S +22 more
noudaniel Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: Here's a comparison of what really matters...

B-but my adapters!

Common, we all know this is a troll thread.

noudaniel's gear list:noudaniel's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
PK24X36NOW Senior Member • Posts: 1,941
Re: Some fuel for the fire...

String wrote:

LL's take on it...

LL?? LOL The more you read of MR's opinions and prophecies, the less credible he becomes.

TerryAnderson Regular Member • Posts: 315

He's right,

To Sony Users those DSLRs are most likely dead.

I used to shoot with Sony, LOL not going back anytime soon. Though I do use their products because of they have very good video. But for stills which is most of my work, I'll stick with Nikon. I like dynamic range and lots of lens to choose from.

Who left the door open and let in the troll?

-- hide signature --

All the best and keep on shooting
Terry Anderson
Boston West Photography

TerryAnderson's gear list:TerryAnderson's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D90 Nikon D4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +27 more
ConanD
ConanD Regular Member • Posts: 133

wassim al malak wrote:

hello all ,

where is the truth ?

Ask my brother, who'll be along right after me.  He's much larger and will make a nicer meal for you.  I'll just continue on my way across the bridge.

ConanD's gear list:ConanD's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +7 more
steven2874 Regular Member • Posts: 302

wassim al malak wrote:

hello all ,

where is the truth ?

The truth? You can't handle the truth! But you win my award for the most ignorant post of the day. Now, go smoke this...

steven2874's gear list:steven2874's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Bmoon Regular Member • Posts: 291
all of the d610 and d810 are dead ? what a bummer

nt

Bmoon's gear list:Bmoon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Pentax K10D Nikon D3X Nikon D300S Pentax K-5 +7 more
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,399
To me they got a little more than 5 lenses.

Cipher wrote:

All Sony A7R native full frame E-Mount lenses...all five of them...at last count.

All Nikon native full frame lenses (62+ and counting). BHPhoto lists 144 full frame lenses (Nikon + 3rd Party).

To me the A7R has more than 5 lenses, one of the main reason I am considering adding the A7R to my bag besides the great sensor is the ability to use ALL my Canon FD, EF, Nikon AI, Ais, D, G series, Zeiss ZE, Zeiss ZF2. Sigma Art lenses on it, as much as I love my D800E, I still can't use my TSE-17, TSE 24 II and 85 F1.2L and things like that on it, but I can do that with the a7R, taking advantage of the great quality of both the sensor and the lenses from pretty much any manufacture.

bgbs Veteran Member • Posts: 3,195

If they are dead, send them to Nikon service.

paulski66
paulski66 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,339
They're dead?

Are you sure? I mean, did you remember to charge your battery? Turn the camera on? Is there a memory card inserted in the card slot? Is the lens fully mounted?

I suspect user error...

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 58,090

wassim al malak wrote:

hello all ,

where is the truth ?

The A7s is optimised for very high quality 4k video - which means a low pixel count sensor so that the whole sensor can be read at 30 FPS. As a side effect, it has some advantage in SNR in loow light over the other Sony Exmor sensors - it also has significant disadvantage in brighter light - so it's not 'smoking', it's differently optimised. One other Exmor problem that it seems to have addressed is the thermal noise issue which causes a 'magenta haze'. Whatever, the difference is not so great. Using DPR's studio scene, we get this at 25600

I would say pretty even between the A7s, D810 and D4s, with the D619 a bit behind. Note though that the A7s is giving visibly less resolution (this is the 9MP 'print' version).

At 51200

D619 has dropped out, due to noy having a 51200 option, still things quite even, A7s still less sharp.

D810 has dropped out. The A7s is showing less noise than the D4s, but it's also gone very blurry. Wonder why.

Finally 204800

both A7s and D4s pretty much unusable, D4s due to noise, A7s due to mushyness.

-- hide signature --

Bob

leicaman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,801

I REALLY wanted to buy a SONY A7r but after using the A7 I realized that unless you shoot mostly from a tripod it just doesn't work for me.  I shoot mostly handheld and because of the shutter bounce it's a non-starter for me.  In two years, when they have smoothed out the rough edges it will be the future of Photography.  many of my friends have them, but mostly for studio or on-tripod work.  Got an 810 instead.

leicaman's gear list:leicaman's gear list
Nikon D810
xtm Senior Member • Posts: 1,155

When I see "SONY", I think Betamax, Blu Ray, and all that garbage that eventually ends up in the landfill. They should just stick to making Walkman and Playstation.

xtm's gear list:xtm's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads