GX7 - sell or keep?

Started Aug 25, 2014 | Questions
LMNCT Veteran Member • Posts: 4,906
Re: GX7 - sell or keep?

A "pig" ergonomically...right?  I have added the thumb rest and it has made handling much better.  I did not really have a problem before the thumb grip since I come from a long line of Leica rangefinders.

As far as getting rid of the GX7 goes, do not.  I have the GX7, GM1 and GH4.  They all fill a different gap in the kinds of shots that I like to take.  Why get rid of a perfectly excellent camera?

LMNCT's gear list:LMNCT's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +23 more
The Jacal
The Jacal Senior Member • Posts: 1,273

LMNCT wrote:

A "pig" ergonomically...right? I have added the thumb rest and it has made handling much better. I did not really have a problem before the thumb grip since I come from a long line of Leica rangefinders.

Did you see that I used the words 'subjective' and 'personally' ?

As far as getting rid of the GX7 goes, do not. I have the GX7, GM1 and GH4. They all fill a different gap in the kinds of shots that I like to take.

Why get rid of a perfectly excellent camera?

Don't ask me, ask the OP, he's the one who wants to get rid of one.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7467981@N05/
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

The Jacal's gear list:The Jacal's gear list
Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P2 +17 more
The Jacal
Re: I`d keep the GX7 -->

AdamT wrote:

He said these things don't bother him.

Where did PChoi (the OP) say that he had no use of decent video or the electronic shutter, remote commander ?

all they said in the OP was

finally made up my mind to get the EM1. I have both EM5 and GX7that I use regularly. Should I keep the EM5 or GX7? I like both cameras and have no problem with the manuals, operation and IQ. I Like the EM1 because I have a couple of 3/4 lenses and also handling and responsiveness.

And they`ve not responded

He said he had no problem with the operation.

Who maybe should've bought a GX7.

I have , it`s a silent work camera, makes an excellent alternative to my "own" EM5 . they fill in each others deficiencies nicely

I'm happy for you.

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

-- hide signature --

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." Richard Dawkins.

Olympus SH-50 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-P1 Olympus PEN E-P2 +17 more
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 58,597

And ? .......

it doesn`t mean he couldn`t or wouldn`t or doesn't make use of the differences the GX7 (or a GM1 come to that) offers and adds to his shooting .. I`ve no problem with the operation of the EM5 but that doesn`t mean I can`t take advantage of what another cam would add to the setup

-- hide signature --

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
The Jacal

AdamT wrote:

And ? .......

it doesn`t mean he couldn`t or wouldn`t or doesn't make use of the differences the GX7 (or a GM1 come to that) offers and adds to his shooting .. I`ve no problem with the operation of the EM5 but that doesn`t mean I can`t take advantage of what another cam would add to the setup

It's not what he asked though.

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

OP PChoi Junior Member • Posts: 48

Thank you all for your input.  I have got my EM1 2 days ago and just love the feel and handling of it.  12/40 is a super lens. The dilemma that I am facing with GX7 and EM5 is that both are very good camera.  I like the video capacity of GX7 but in term of still photos and sharing of battery and charger, EM5 has the edge.  Others may not agree, but I found still photos are better with EM5 than GX7 to my eyes.

In the end, I may keep both and use them for their strong points and as back up for my EM1

PChoi's gear list:PChoi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads