Still enjoying my FZ35.

Started Aug 22, 2014 | Discussions
Alisande
Alisande Veteran Member • Posts: 3,390
Still enjoying my FZ35.

I can't afford to upgrade my cameras very often, and honestly, I probably wouldn't do it even if I could. The fact is, I'm happy with what I have, and since my cameras "ain't broke," I'm not longing to fix them.

I have a DSLR (and I admit the desire to acquire pricey lenses was something I had to squelch), but the FZ35 is my go-to camera in most situations, especially those where I have to grab a camera fast. Here are a few shots from this year.

Apple Tree in Snow (with some PP fun)

Wild Mushroom Gills

Ground Fog

August Night Sky

-- hide signature --

Susan
1 old farmhouse, 2 dogs, 5 cats, 3 computers

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (Lumix DMC-FZ38)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
photoKinetic
photoKinetic Contributing Member • Posts: 831
Re: Still enjoying my FZ35.

Great examples of the FZ35 in action.

Still enjoying mine and still learning. My images continue to improve as I become more adventurous and understand the nuances of a great camera.

pK

Jack Brandt217
Jack Brandt217 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,826

I sure can't fault those Alisande. Nice wor.

Jack

John Miles
John Miles Veteran Member • Posts: 6,919

Great variety and artistic skill. I Appreciate the opportunity to see these. Many thanks.

-- hide signature --

FZ50 is still great though: http://www.juzaphoto.com/recensione.php?l=en&t=panasonic_lumix_fz50 . Performace diagram here: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/3862228415/photos/2623982/fz50-performance-range

John Miles's gear list:John Miles's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
ysal
ysal Veteran Member • Posts: 8,767

Beautiful shots!  And I agree that the FZ35 is a little gem.  I would still be using it today if it wasn't for the fact that someone gave me my FZ150 as a gift.  Now my son is the happy owner of the FZ35.

I really like the way you processed the first shot.

-- hide signature --

yuki

ysal's gear list:ysal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EOS 80D
peter_friend Contributing Member • Posts: 863

Me too, still enjoying FZ35.

I test the FZ1000 in a Montréal camera's dealer and this camera is good but not excellent... and the price is big.

So, i have the Canon Powershot G1X first edition for low light situations

and my "old" but great FZ35.

Here some pictures:

Mahmoud Mousef Senior Member • Posts: 2,604

A nice camera but cannot cope with fast shooting, especially with RAWs. Really slow by today's standards. I still enjoy it but regrettably rarely because of the slowness. User interface is generally very good. The advantage of owning one camera is you get to know its strengths and weaknesses intimately. I still screw on the lt55 http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/optional_accessories/tele_lens/ occasionally and enjoy the camera's daylight output. Weight is very light and far less than today's superzooms which always feels good in the hand and in the bag. I would love more reach and speed without quality and weight compromises. But I think we all would. Camera is a good all-rounder that is mostly enjoyable to use, especially after lugging around heavy gear.

proframki Regular Member • Posts: 116

Nice and memorable shots. In fact, the FZ35 was the first camera I used and I liked it very much. When the FZ 150 was announced, I was enamoured by its zoom and sold my FZ35(lo) Now I regret having sold that. It is a little gem. Now FZ 150 got replaced by FZ 200. As I cannot keep all my cameras with me(I have to face the music from my wife), I am in the habit of selling what I have, whenever I want to buy a new camera. I think enough for the personal information. Keep it up and post shots whenever possible from FZ 35. Wish you a nice time.

Timj351
Timj351 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,165

Wonderful images Susan. You have a great eye for composition and color. I love when I hear about someone who is enjoying their gear and not being so anxious to upgrade. I totally agree if it aint broke don't fix it. Thanks for sharing these.

-Tim

Timj351's gear list:Timj351's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Alisande
OP Alisande Veteran Member • Posts: 3,390
Peter.......

Thanks, Peter. Your excellent eye and your beautiful city are doing the camera proud.

-- hide signature --

Susan

Alisande
Thank you, everyone....

I haven't been here in awhile, and I'm happy to connect with you again. I truly appreciate your kind comments. I do love the give-and-take process of sharing in these forums.

-- hide signature --

Susan

KCHAWK
KCHAWK Senior Member • Posts: 1,938

I agree,  if I spent more time scouting and shooting I would spend less time google eyed over new cameras.  Look forward to more of your posts.

-- hide signature --

Larry
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape

KCHAWK's gear list:KCHAWK's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25
digitcallous
digitcallous Contributing Member • Posts: 759

When your camera can be an instrument of expression as your FZ35 is for you, you hardly need more.

Steve Hock
Steve Hock Forum Member • Posts: 59

Sold mine to purchase the Canon SX40HS. BIG MISTAKE! I liked the Panasonic FZ35 much better! Focus is more reliable and images were mostly excellent.

Bit the bullet and bought the FZ1000. Time will tell on this one!

Steve Hock's gear list:Steve Hock's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D70 Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +2 more
windmillgolfer
windmillgolfer Forum Pro • Posts: 15,369

Wonderful, imaginative set, Susan. I think you have no need whatsoever to upgrade. GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome/Sickness) is a slippery slope. Hope I've got to the bottom of it now or is tha the top Without doubt, it is the operator behind the lens that is most significant as you've amply shown here.

-- hide signature --

Stuart
Also at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dieselgolfer/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, please upgrade the FZ50

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +2 more
Alisande
I'm still smiling at GAS.....

.....and, for other reasons, the many encouraging responses. I'm still enjoying another Panasonic camera as well, and will post about that one soon. Thank you so much.

-- hide signature --

Susan

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads